Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't install any addons from any repo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just did a clean reinstall (15.0 on Win7) to deal with some issues and now I can't install anything. When I try to install an addon from the official repo I get the following error:

Code:
06:30:18 T:588   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/gotham/plugin.video.itunes_trailers/plugin.video.itunes_trailers-0.2.2.zip.md5

The log is full of other 404 errors as well. Why is it using the gotham repo?

With other repos it's reporting everything as incompatible.
15.0 on Win10, can confirm this error when trying to install addons.

Code:
23:32:38 T:5068   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/gotham/script.trakt/script.trakt-3.0.3.zip.md5
I think the Kodi servers/mirrors are having issues. I noticed last night it was difficult to even download the release. Pasting the link above in a browser took a long time to resolve and download a file.
I don't know what happened but Isengard totally sh@t the bed. I couldn't install anything from any repo, even on a clean install. Everything either threw errors or was marked incompatible. I finally tried Jarvis and everything works. Wtf?
(2015-07-31, 13:29)jluce50 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what happened but Isengard totally sh@t the bed. I couldn't install anything from any repo, even on a clean install. Everything either threw errors or was marked incompatible. I finally tried Jarvis and everything works. Wtf?

It has nothing to do with the version. We switched some stuff around in the servers that host the add-ons.
(2015-07-31, 17:46)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]It has nothing to do with the version. We switched some stuff around in the servers that host the add-ons.

Interesting. The weird thing is that the 3rd party repos I'm using reported all their addons as being incompatible. Is that just a coincidence or is it somehow related?
Incompatible is different from not able to install. There is a good chance that a lot of the 3rd party add-ons are no longer compatible do to code changes.
(2015-07-31, 18:48)kricker Wrote: [ -> ]Incompatible is different from not able to install. There is a good chance that a lot of the 3rd party add-ons are no longer compatible do to code changes.

Right, but ALL addons from 3rd party repos all started showing as incompatible *in Isengard* at the same time as the issue with the official repo.