Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Win 10 - Isengard 15.0 - AMD A10-7750K - Soap Opera Effect?!?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got the update on Wednesday and got everything install very easily.

I then fired up Kodi Isengard 15.0 which started up quick, as usual and then I played a TV show and there was terrible soap opera-ing.

I didn't change any settings or anything just did the install and the got this effect! The audio is slightly off as well by maybe an eighth or quarter of a second, just slightly enough for me to notice at times. Some times the audio is like a half second ahead at times so I think it's because the video is being over processed causing a slight delay.

I haven't had a free few hours to get into the settings and work it out but I wasn't to ask on here if anyone else has have the same problems? Is there a way in Windows 10 to turn off all video processingHuh It's gotta be something in the OS since in Windows 8 the video playback was flawless!

I'm running an A10-7850K on a Asus A88X-Pro, 16 GB of RAM, system drive is an 240GB SSD with the media on four 5 TB Seagates. All drivers are updated via manufactures websites...

Thanks for any and all help/suggestions! Big Grin
you have to look in catalyst control center under video settings
I haven't followed the exact post processing features offered by AMD's chips over time, but don't some offer frame interpolation now? If the chip was interpolating 24fps to 60fps, that'd give you the 'Soap Oprea/Cops/VHS Home Video' sorta feel.
On win10 I suggest to use DIrectX 11 version