Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: just installed kodi, no add ons option?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As above guys, ive just installed the latest version of Kodi, however I don't have the option "get add ons"

System - Addons -

My addons
Install From Repository
Install from Zip file
search
System

So I cant load certain repos due to the "Get add ons " option missing.

Am I missing something really easy here?
It's "Install from Repository"
im trying to follow a certain tutorial and it then doesn't make sense now if I follow above

I was suppose to :

click " get add ons" then Select **** VIDEO REPOSITORY
click **** VIDEO and install

However if I go into " install from Repository, I don't have the **** VIDEO REPOSIITORY only the **** REPOSITORY

So basically I cant install the video part to make it all run.
Stop following those pointless tutorials
(2015-07-31, 21:26)bonoscot Wrote: [ -> ]im trying to follow a certain tutorial and it then doesn't make sense now if I follow above

I was suppose to :

However if I go into " install from Repository, I don't have the **** VIDEO REPOSIITORY only the **** REPOSITORY

The addon folder structure has changed in Isengard so all those tutorials are now outdated. Also it looks like the tutorial you're following is specific to a certain repository. You'll have to install that repo first and then drill down into that repo's section to get to what you're looking for.

Pick this one:
My addons
Install From Repository <-- this one
Install from Zip file
search
System

Then choose **** VIDEO REPOSITORY
(2015-07-31, 22:20)HeadLearning Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-31, 21:26)bonoscot Wrote: [ -> ]im trying to follow a certain tutorial and it then doesn't make sense now if I follow above

I was suppose to :

The addon folder structure has changed in Isengard so all those tutorials are now outdated. Also it looks like the tutorial you're following is specific to a certain repository. You'll have to install that repo first and then drill down into that repo's section to get to what you're looking for.

Pick this one:
My addons
Install From Repository <-- this one
Install from Zip file
search
System

Then choose **** VIDEO REPOSITORY

I am so stuck on this. Kodi 19
This thread is 5 years old and was for Isengard, but the same comments apply for Matrix.

From the main menu, go to addons > addon browser > install from repository and then choose which section you want to add addons for.

Once you have addons installed, you can access them in addons > addon browser > my addons, or via the widgets in the main menu.

See Add-on manager (wiki) for more details.