Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable to populate channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new at all of this...I've been trying for a while to get PseudoTV to work but after I install it and start it up it says, "unable to populate channels. Please verify that you have scraped media in your library and that you have properly configured channels.", I think this may be something with the PseudoLibrary, because when I try to configure the Community list, I try to mark N/A in the enable box, then hit OK, but when I returned, it didn't show N/A it shows Disable.... Please help me!!!!! I am getting crazy!
I'm having the same problem. Attempting to change Community List in the PseudoLibrary settings to anything but "disabled" doesn't work. You can make the change, but it immediately reverts once you leave the settings page and return (as if this setting isn't actually being saved).
Hi guys,

I've found out about PseudoTV live when I was looking for things about Kodi. The way it seemed to have been a few weeks ago base on YouTube video on "How to install Pseudo" You automatically get 50 cool channels to start with. I understand the "donor" and I'll be more than happy to support the hard work of the programmers. The question is, Has the 50 channels embedded in the PseudoTV, PseudoLibrary discontinued? As a newbie, it would have been a good way to start with 50 channels already preconfigured. I wouldn't mind supporting great minds such as Lunatixz, but buying subscription from USATVnow will be a no from me.

Thanks for your help in better understanding the apps.
My understanding (which could be completely incorrect) is the fifty channels are supposed to populate from youtube which for me personally hasn't been working lately. The channels are also made up from your personal media collection (any TV shows and movies you've ripped from DVD or Bluray for your personal use as a backup copy) once you've imported the videos into Kodi then PTVL should see and add them to channels.
Thanks bornagainpengui for the clarification. I thought this was something equally or ever better than USATV which I find to be very expensive, more expensive that Cable TV, Satellite TV, etc... Though it was designed for people outside of USA. I hope there was a better alternative out there. Thanks mate.
(2015-10-05, 16:10)SmoothSinner Wrote: [ -> ]I thought this was something equally or ever better than USATV

It can be. When it works, it works very very well!

When youtube is running and the RSS feeds populate I very much doubt you'll find a better program of this type. Maybe Pluto TV might come close on Android as an app. And the developer has been working to make adding feeds from plugins easier and easier (hence why we now have that context menu) so you can install the plugins of your choice from the official repos and add them to the program.

The biggest problem is documentation. Half of what can be done with the program is poorly understood and many of the guides that exist cover things from several years ago, mentioning features which have changed or helper programs which are no longer as supported as they once were. There too is the fact the program is still in beta, so while most of the planned stuff works not everything is finished. Once the program is complete I fully expect this to become the killer feature of Kodi. This and the Cinema\Theater addon are the two biggest crowd pleasers whenever I show off my system.

Don't give up!
Thanks mate! You're right. I also hope PseudoTV had a default skin and when I added channels, they get played back and fourth without me having any control. No stop, or choose what to play. As you said, every time look for how to, most of it are outdated. It's a nightmare for a newbie trying to understand what the app can do. It looks so nice and simple on YouTube where I found out about it. By the way, from the 50 channels, there were CNN, CBS, NBC... and they were live streams. Somehow, the developers may have stopped it all and leave it to people to start from scratch. If you a newbie, not willing to admit you're blind and in need of help, you'll give up right away. But what I've seen, this could be a great app. I hope it works out for me too.
@SmoothSinner - please keep in mind that anything that is NOT, I repeat NOT on the official PTVL YouTube channel is to be taken with a grain of salt. There is no guarantee from the PTVL that you will get free content and live streams for paid tv channels.

again keep in mind if something sounds too good to be true it is more than likely against the forum rules (wiki) and the piracy policy (wiki) and not to be discussed here at the kodi.tv forums.