Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: movie sizing ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys I'm really new to this and to be honest I don't have a clue but when i try to watch a movie it seems as though the right hand side is missing ? and I'm not getting the full size movie
right hand side costs extra
(2015-08-02, 12:05)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]right hand side costs extra

No idea why though, because all the best action happens on the left-hand side.
Kidding aside OP, we need a debug log to even begin to be able to help.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
Did you check the Aspect ratio settings of your tv? Overscan is mostly the cause of this problem although it should be overlapping evenly on all edges. But maybe your tv is weird ?
Anyway I would check that first.
it could also be some Android issue with borked firmware on IMX chipsets - I think I read something about this. So if you're on Anrdoid and your box is using IMX, this has to be fixed by the box vendor. We used to have a hack for these devices that required root access to fix firmware issues, but we removed this hack.

edit: if this is the case and the vendor won't fix the firmware, you can try to disable hardware decoding - but your box needs to have a good enough CPU
I think you mean Amlogic. A temp workaround for some in that situation is to try and setting 720 in the Android settings (the video will still render in 1080) and see if that fixes it (it might not).
(2015-08-03, 10:47)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]it could also be some Android issue with borked firmware on IMX chipsets - I think I read something about this. So if you're on Anrdoid and your box is using IMX, this has to be fixed by the box vendor. We used to have a hack for these devices that required root access to fix firmware issues, but we removed this hack.

edit: if this is the case and the vendor won't fix the firmware, you can try to disable hardware decoding - but your box needs to have a good enough CPU
thanks
(2015-08-03, 11:02)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]I think you mean Amlogic. A temp workaround for some in that situation is to try and setting 720 in the Android settings (the video will still render in 1080) and see if that fixes it (it might not).

Thanks