Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: newb question regarding Fire TV stick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have purchased 3 Fire TV sticks and installed KODI on them using my computer and I use them in my house on my wi-fi signal.
I would like to buy another one for my son, install KODI, and then mail it to him. Since I will be installing Kodi using my computer using the new Fire TV stick's IP address, can I mail it to him and it will work on his wi-fi signal?
Sorry for the newbie question. I see these things being sold already programmed with KODI so I assume you can install KODI at one location and then use it somewhere else but I wanted to double check before I bought the new one.
Thank you.
Yes, you can install it on the stick at home and then mail it to him.

The IP address is irrelevant - the stick will get a new IP address when it is connected to your son's wifi network and in fact changes all the time.

Hope that helps. Wink
(2015-08-02, 18:38)Hustler1337 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you can install it on the stick at home and then mail it to him.

The IP address is irrelevant - the stick will get a new IP address when it is connected to your son's wifi network and in fact changes all the time.

Hope that helps. Wink

That was very helpful. Thank you very much.
Hello, are you using different amazon accounts on every each of them? I bought one but I want to buy anither one but I am not sure if I can use the same amazon account, thanks.
Hi guys I'm asking the same question , and understand the answers given , but what about if I send the stick to my son in Australia will he have problems ? Or will the stick work as it does in UK .