Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Confused..please help a senior
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Coming from the Minix 64z to Nvidia shield TV with Kodi...I was able to set up my minix thru a KODI home screen,wifi,BT,resolution,audio,etc...That option does not exist in the shield settings...in fact I cannot find resolution
Settings anywhere...is there some way I can access the set up screen....similar to what the minix z offers?
I realize that the lack of same might be due to being piggy backed on to the Nvidia......same way KODI is with the Amazon fire TV stick (no access to KODI Set up screen as well)
Have a Sammy UHD TV and am running the shield HDMI thru a Denon 2100.
Appreciate any and all help given.
Thanks
(2015-08-02, 21:23)hodges69 Wrote: [ -> ]Coming from the Minix 64z to Nvidia shield TV with Kodi...I was able to set up my minix thru a KODI home screen,wifi,BT,resolution,audio,etc...That option does not exist in the shield settings...in fact I cannot find resolution
Settings anywhere...is there some way I can access the set up screen....similar to what the minix z offers?
I realize that the lack of same might be due to being piggy backed on to the Nvidia......same way KODI is with the Amazon fire TV stick (no access to KODI Set up screen as well)
Have a Sammy UHD TV and am running the shield HDMI thru a Denon 2100.
Appreciate any and all help given.
Thanks

Try this NVIDIA Shield TV: KODI/XBMC, Installing APK's, and more! YouTube video.
Kodi doesn't have a "set up screen". If there is one on the Minix box then that is something Minix has added, and not us. You can access the settings you talk about outside of Kodi in the system settings for the Sheild.
Thanks...but unfortunately the Shield does not have a set up srcreen for video and audio....was told this was done automatically.....bummer
What exactly are you trying to do?
Trying to find out if the KODI side of the Shield would allow video settings,and,if so,how?....or,is KODI dependent on the SHEILD settings..
Thanks
What settings are you trying to change?
(2015-08-03, 05:06)hodges69 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks...but unfortunately the Shield does not have a set up srcreen for video and audio....was told this was done automatically.....bummer

That's not exactly what you were told. There's a difference in changing the Video Settings and changing the System Settings.

You can't change things like the output resolution (1080, 720, etc), those things are controlled by Android and on the SATV, with the exception of being able to change from "Best Resolution" or "Best Frame-rate", which only effects 4K, is determined by what your TV supports.

Things like "Adjust display refresh rate" which are in "Video Settings" can be changed, but you have to set the Settings Level to Advanced or Expert.

As for audio, the Shield does not have any settings for it other than being able to set the output as "Fixed" or "Variable". However, you can change the audio output in Kodi (whether you want pass-through, downmix or LPCM), but again you have to set the Settings Level to Advanced or Expert.

There are things you can do, and things that you can't. But you have to be specific as to what you are wanting to do to get help.
Thanks..