Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 13.2 Gotham on OpenElec cannot 'play all' from DVD menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I realise Gotham support will be declining now Helix has taken over but hopefully someone won't mind helping with my problem.

I'm running Gotham 13.2 on OpenElec on a couple of Arctic MC001 machines, runs well and does most of the things I want. However I do have issues with playing DVDs, this affects any and all DVDs I have tried so I cannot narrow it down to any particular type or region.

When I try to play all chapters from a DVD menu screen, it just reloads the menu screen without playing the videos. However, if I go to the chapters submenu, I can play them perfectly fine individually. Changing pages within the menu is also problematic and I can only view the first page of the chapters, if I try to go to the second page it just reloads to the main menu again.

So for example I've got a DVD with 12 chapters/episodes, clicking 'play all' from the main menu just reloads the title/menu screen. Going to the chapters/episodes menu displays episodes 1 through 6 which all play fine individually, but if I click 'next page' to go to episodes 7 through 12 it just reloads to the title/main menu screen again.

I've tried to search for a solution but I'm unsure what search terms to look for so apologies if I've overlooked the problem already.

Can anyone shed any light on this or suggest how I can troubleshoot it further? All the DVDs I have tried are PAL region 2 and the same thing happens with official purchased DVDs as well as home-made discs. I can replicate the issue on two identical Arctic MC001 PCs, one has a blu-ray drive and one has a standard DVD drive (I can look up the drive models if required). Both systems have an embedded Atom D525 processor, 4GB RAM and 64GB SSD (one Sandisk, one Crucial)