Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CuriosityStream add-on?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anybody know of an addon for the site curiositystream.com ? Or any addon that will easily allow me to link to it? I am not talking "for free", I mean if you have a subscription. I love this service but it's a bummer to watch on my computer via a browser. It would be way more convent to watch it on Kodi.
I came here to find out the same thing Smile
(2015-09-29, 22:22)urbanrider55 Wrote: [ -> ]I came here to find out the same thing Smile

Same...........Big Grin
(2015-11-06, 20:28)Voodoo73 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-29, 22:22)urbanrider55 Wrote: [ -> ]I came here to find out the same thing Smile

Same...........Big Grin

Same... Part Deux!
This would be great!
I'm actually working on an addon for curiositystream.com right now. I can't dedicate lots of time to do this (every other evening or so), but I do have a basic addon working right now. It needs some more polishing to be called complete. I will need some people to test it in a few weeks.

Hang in there...

Wink
Looks like a cool site.
(2016-04-19, 08:08)DigitalLachance Wrote: [ -> ]I will need some people to test it in a few weeks.

Id test if you need people
I've posted a beta of the curiositystream.com addon. Check it out if you are interested in testing it.
Great collection of HD and some 4k documentaries, I found out about them through the TWIT network.
Hi DigitalLachance,

I tried your curiositystream addon on Kodi 16.1. Pretty good for a first effort. For me, the video stutters very badly and the sound stopped. Running Windows 8.1 32bit. When I checked on the official website the same video played without error. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to a new release (if you have the time).
I sometimes find that I have to pause the video right after it started to let Kodi buffer enough of the video. That usually does the trick.

What is your bandwidth like? One thing that I might have to investigate is how to reduce the resolution when bandwidth is limited.
Nice work!

I see a stutter or two, but pausing it right as it starts seems to do the trick. Probably due more to networking issues than the add-on.

Runs good on 15.2/Linux 64-bit.
I know this an old thread, but I just installed this plugin. It works except for one thing. For some reason, I can't login to my CuriosityStream account through the plugin. I keep getting a login failure. I really want to make this plugin work because the official CS app won't display properly on my android media player (Zidoo X9S). For some reason, their app sees all Android based media players as a mobile device and won't allow the TV version of the app to install. Is there something I'm missing? Why won't this plugin let me login?
(2017-02-24, 05:56)bradybear Wrote: [ -> ]I know this an old thread, but I just installed this plugin. It works except for one thing. For some reason, I can't login to my CuriosityStream account through the plugin. I keep getting a login failure. I really want to make this plugin work because the official CS app won't display properly on my android media player (Zidoo X9S). For some reason, their app sees all Android based media players as a mobile device and won't allow the TV version of the app to install. Is there something I'm missing? Why won't this plugin let me login?

I had the same problem, and it was caused by a space at the end of the e-mail address. Another user have posted the solution here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2485771

I edited the xml file and now it works, but maybe there's a bug in the addon that add this space?
Unfortunately I have problems with the picture and/or sound stutter/freeze, my bandwidth is good so not sure what causes this problem.