Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodibuntu persistence problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, pretty new to this and having some strife with persistent live usb set-up.

Basic scenario, used a variety of methods to put Kodibuntu (14.2 and 15.0) on to a USB in order to run a liveUSB with persistent Kodi install. This all worked more or less as advertised. One thing I couldn't figure out for a while was why by casper-rw file was maxing out at 4 GB. Once I realized it was a file on FAT32 it all became clear. I thought no problem I'll never use 4 GB of space, until I did that is.

So I found a tutorial that showed me how to use GParted to resize the FAT32 partition and recreate the casper-rw on a partition formatted using ext2, simply delete casper-rw and name new ext2 partition as casper-rw. Needless to say since I'm writing this is didn't work. I have tried a variety of methods with all the same result. That is the USB does not boot.

So, simple question why does the live USB have to be created using FAT32 in the first place. If I could use ext2 to start with I could make the persistence file as big as I like. (If I've missed the tutorial could someone please point me in the correct direction).

If I have the completely wrong end of the stick, suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Don