Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Lost 24hz refresh with HDMi splitter. EDID issue?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI all,

Recently bought a projector and am trying to plug it into my existing Kodi setup.

My existing setup passes audio and video from an Acer Revo running Kodi via HDMI, to a Yamaha RX-V765 amplifier, then onwards to a Panasonic TX-P50G20B. This is able to handle 24hz correctly (for movies in the appropriate frame rate).

Replacing the Panasonic TV directly with my new Optoma HD141X causes no problem either. Kodi recognises the capabilities of the projector, and offers 24hz mode.

However adding an HDMI splitter (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271931721149) into the mix (to enable both displays to connected) removes the 24hz option from the video settings screen in Kodi.

I presume this is due to an EDID issue with the splitter (whereby it is not passing through the EDID information from either display correctly)?

What's my best solution? To buy a new splitter that does correctly pass EDID, or can I set Kodi such that it has fixed EDID rather than it reading incorrect EDID information from the splitter?

Thanks in advance.
Return the splitter and get one that is not introducing errors.
(2015-08-04, 12:33)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Return the splitter and get one that is not introducing errors.

This is clearly an option, although I'm keen to avoid spending excessive amounts on an EDID-capable splitter if Kodi can be configured to ignore the incorrect supplied data, and use a locally stored EDID 'file' instead.
It's not a kodi thing. It's a operting system thing. For nvidia you can overwrite EDID via xorg.conf for amd / intel via drm_kms_helper. This might or might not work and is always a hack - return the faulty part.