Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: WD External HD not showing in Kodi 14.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

Sorry for posting what, after some Googling, seems to be a fairly common question.
I'm running Kodi 14.2 on an Android box. I've a Western Digital ext USB HD plugged in to the box.

I've followed forum advice, YouTube vids and a handful of how-tos, but I still cannot get my HD to show up as others can.
When I move to Videos >> Files >> Add videos >> Browse >> I don't see any USB drive here. I've seen videos showing drive letters along with drive names, for example.

I've followed advice and headed to Root filesystem >> mnt >> but cannot see anything for USB, as some users have suggested.
If I go back to mnt >> storage. I can see external_storage >> sda1 >> all my stuff... So I know the Ext HD is at least talking to the box.

Any ideas? I thought it might be down to the file system, NTFS, but I've read that shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks very much.
Literally no one has an idea?
In ANDROID, SDA1 is your 1st external device. Go into Video:Files, select Add Videos, browse to SDA1 and hit OK on the right. If you'd like, you can call it whatever you like after you OK and and move on through the process back to the lower option that says: "enter a name for this media source". Simply pick a name, or drive letter if you like, enter it in the input dialog below, and then hit OK and it'll get added to the File menu as what you named it...

Is it possible, you've been watching a lot of videos made with the PC version of KODI and trying to get drive letters to show up like they do on a PC? Android does not assign drive letters...