Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trying to understand interleave rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

When trying to interleave a channel (using PSTVL Manager for windows) I'm given the following

I'm trying to figure out what each means

Obviously channel# is the number of the channel I wish to interleave but I'm having a bit of trouble trying to understand what "Min. Count", "Max Count" mean.

Thanks so much in advance,

Angel
(2015-08-05, 18:09)MrsAngelD Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

When trying to interleave a channel (using PSTVL Manager for windows) I'm given the following

I'm trying to figure out what each means

Obviously channel# is the number of the channel I wish to interleave but I'm having a bit of trouble trying to understand what "Min. Count", "Max Count" mean.

Thanks so much in advance,

Angel

Taken from milkman's guide:

1) Create a new channel and set it to use your bumpers, adverts, channel fillers or specials.
2) Add a rule to hide this channel.
3) On your main channel, add a rule to interleave the hidden channel.
4) Set “Min & Max Interleave Count” options as needed.
- If Min & Max counts are set to 1, it will add the bumper after each show
- If Min & Max counts are set to 2, it will add the bumper after every second show
- If Min = 1 and Max = 3, it will add the bumper after every 1,2 or 3 shows (at random)
Note: If you have multiple interleave rules, they will be followed systematically from top to
bottom. If you want it to be Episode > Advert > Bumper > Episode > Advert > Bumper,
then you will need two rules:
Rule 1: (Advert) Min = 1, Max = 1, Starting = 1
Rule 2: (Bumper) Min = 2, Max = 2, Starting = 1
Ahh thank you very much tromy Smile
hmmm, I'm having an issue.

I'm trying to create a channel that plays through my entire Stargate SG1 collection and then will play the 3 Stargate Movies.

The Stargate Sg1 collection has 213 episodes. I set up a smart playlist for the episodes and tell PSTVL to play the playlist in order. I set up a second Smart playlist with those 3 movies on it and created a "hidden" channel for that playlist.

When I try to interleave the movie channel with Min count and Max Count at 213, the movies aren't included at all in the channel. What could I be doing wrong?

[edit]

Ok Made a bit of progress when I set Min count and max count to 211 the movies show up but they are interleaved between the 2nd to last episode and the last episode. If I set the min/max count to 212, they don't show up at all. I can't figure out how to get them to play after the final episode and before the first episode though Sad
Well I never did get it working, so I what I did was add the movies as specials, the TVDB has them listed as such and I was then able to manually edit my smart playlist and tell it to order by airdate. Then I removed the "Play in Order" option from PSTVL and now it's finally working.
I guess it didn't work because you wanted movies to be played at the end of all episodes.

Just for future information,if you want to combine episodes playlists with movies playlists you can use this xsp.Just put the names you want and copy to to your userdata/playlists/video.Kodi won't be able to play it but PTVL will play it just fineSmile

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="mixed">
<name>put here the name you want</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">name of your playlist episode.xsp</rule>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">name of your movies playlist.xsp</rule>
<order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>
(2015-08-06, 07:06)tromy Wrote: [ -> ]I guess it didn't work because you wanted movies to be played at the end of all episodes.

Just for future information,if you want to combine episodes playlists with movies playlists you can use this xsp.Just put the names you want and copy to to your userdata/playlists/video.Kodi won't be able to play it but PTVL will play it just fineSmile

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="mixed">
<name>put here the name you want</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">name of your playlist episode.xsp</rule>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">name of your movies playlist.xsp</rule>
<order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

Thanks for that, I've saved a copy to my evernote in case I need it in the future Smile