Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot get mysql to work with my new setup (Win 8.1)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Need your help. I am sure that this is not a bug, but I cannot figure out how to do it right.

I am have mysql installed (as part of Uniform Server Z) on my Win 8.1 machine. I have set a password and followed the instruction on http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_M...ab=Windows to provide user right through command line and edited the advancedsettings file accordingly.

When starting Kodi, it takes a long time and the log shows an error message (ERROR 10061, cant connect to MySQL Server). I read somewhere to change the bind-address to the IP of my Win8 machine, which leads Kodi to start up immediately (no long start-up time anymore), but get a new differet error message (ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos93 [1045](Access denied for user 'kodi'@'username-pc' (using password: YES)).

Any thought what I am missing. It used to work, so assume it is something obvious which I am overlooking. Thanks in advance!!!