Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video issues with the latest AMLOGIC S812
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
RKM MK12 + AMLOGIC S812 (h265 @ 4k capable) + 2 GB RAM + (originally) rooted Android 4.4.2, *issues* with Kodi 15.0
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# "Allow hardware acceleration - amcodec" - skipping FFW or RW (pressing up/down or back/front arrows from remote) h264 files, it freezes the image but the sound continues. DISABLE to fix the issue (though I do not know if videos still run through hardware) (tis issue was NOT present on Kodi 14.2);

tested today with some h264 files and I got mixed results: most files play nice (with amcodec OFF) and no sync issues when I skip forward; some other files are laggy and lose frames, but if I turn amcodec ON, then they play silk smooth. On Kodi 14.2 they work all perfectly with amcodec ON.

# h264 & h265 files have now and then some freezing/syncing issues (no issues on Kodi 14.2)

# like on Kodi 14.x, sometimes it does not find subtitles on "opensubtitles" when on the website/through other apps (MPC, etc) it recognizes and downloads pretty well. (also on Kodi 14.2)

# still no function to clean the "garbage" left on the add-ons folder: 1) it could be made an option "leave only the two most recent add-on packages"; 2) the NOT installed skins could stay compressed, else there are TONS of files & images taking up the precious space; 3) thumbnails cleanup option where all images associated with removed ADD-ONs/movies would be removed; 4) option to choose what thumbnails should be downloaded (ex: "only cover" "cover + actors" "cover + fan art" etc etc), so people could limit the amount used.

Personally I find Kodi fantastic, *but* with no "cleanup" function/"compress unused add-ons", it is too inefficient and uses too much space to be used freely on Android devices...
1) Kodi automatically deletes old packages and keeps the last 200 MB of packages. This can be further reduced if desired: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Reduce_disk...n_rollback

2) Skin images are already compressed. Further compression won't realistically save any space, if any at all.

3) Yep, we need some garbage collection on thumbnails, but this won't reduce a significant amount of data for most users until a lot of time has passed. I've seen less than 500 MB saved when pruning unused images from my main HTPC from about a year's worth of use.

4) Images:

Actor image downloads can be turned off in Settings -> Video -> Library -> "Download actor thumbnails when adding to library"

Background image (fanart) downloads can be turned off in the scraper settings for both TV shows and movies: Set content and scan (wiki)

However, it would take a massive amount of movies and TV shows for this to be an issue for most boxes. Even the 8GB ones shouldn't have an issue with a library with about a thousand movies. Images can be directed to external drives easily on any platform by using pathsubs: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Reduce_disk...ther_drive