Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "loading..." (busy/activity/progress indicator)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
just a though, but right now when you navigate to a folder with mp3's and it's loading/parsing the tags, the app is 'frozen', at least the display is. how about say 'loading...." just so people know it's not locked up.
--jaga
+1

that would be great !
another reason i suggested this, is that when the remote batteries start to get low, sometimes the button presses don't send. so i often don't know if it's loading another folder/screen, locked up, or the ir code was never sent.
--jaga
i would like a little red/green/? colored blinking circle "status indicator" in the corner for all processes that take up "longer time".

there could also be one red when recording a shoutcast stream.
yeah, me votes for this too. or possibly a progress bar when it is filling the cache when you start playing a movie!
thebeast: there already is a red flashing "rec" when shoutcast streams are recording..

yeh this would be especially great..smb(or any other protocol for that matter) takes time to cache...so i'd like to know if its working or not

in xbmp, as soon as we pressed a button for an avi(for example)..the screen went black, then the file would play..however in xbmc the screen stays at the menu, until the file is played...always found this a bit annoying..so a progress/cachebar would be awesome
actually cptanpanic coded a generic busy indicator for xbmp (was later improved by bobbin007) but it was never implemented:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker....=508680  maybe a developer could port it to xbmc?, and improve the code for it if needed?
though personaly i like it to be something else than a cube, suggest timeglass, maybe even make it skinnable/configurable Image
more suggestion for showing feedback, like a dialog or activity symbol can be found here => http://sourceforge.net/tracker....=817635
(gamester17 @ mar. 26 2004,10:17 Wrote:actually cptanpanic coded a generic busy indicator for xbmp (was later improved by bobbin007) but it was never implemented:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker....=508680  maybe a developer could port it to xbmc?, and improve the code for it if needed?
though personaly i like it to be something else than a cube, suggest timeglass, maybe even make it skinnable/configurable Image
skinnable/configurable sounds good to me. in my opinion i'd just like an animated gif to be displayed. doesn't necessarily have to give me an accurate status like percent done or anything. just something moving so i know it's still doing something.

-cameron
would be great idea. good idea for percentage cached before opening video or what ever.

at the moment a lot of things appear to "freeze" and then move on when you select them, making you wonder if you have pressed the button.

this should also help for debugging.
eg if the busy status is still saying busy program could be stuck in loop, if it stops then program has crashed.
you tend to know if the xbox has crashed while debugging anyway. Wink
it would be handy for general use though.
hmm i did suggest something similar along da lines of on screen leds that show netwrk/hd/dvd rom acess but cool idea n e way :-))
i have the same problem with my remote; sometimes the keypress has failed, yet i am waiting thinking it worked.

there is no instant feedback to let you know whether something is happening or not.
you guys should implement a dialog saying "buffering subtitles" or "caching subtitles" when opening files with subtitles (vobsubs for example).

the delay is very long at times, and only black screen makes (the wife) think xbox has hung and reboots...
often she goes into a loop with this, and ends up pissed off hehehehe

i remember such a dialog was displayed on xbmp... any chance of getting it back? Wink
i was thinking the very same thing, i *think* there's such a dialog box displayed when it takes a while to display a dir full of mp3's with tags enabled.

but this would be very handy, just a small dialog box mentioning the fact that it's busy cacheing them, since it can take a while with large vobsubs.
Pages: 1 2