Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Save playlist / Resolve Youtube Items on playlist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently the playlist within Kore is in a very "fragile" state - it is not submitted to Kodis Playlist Cache - and the second screen device has to stay active to prolong its state.

Also - more robust playlist handling features, like save a playlist by name - manage an existent playlist - actually would be a nice advancement of the featureset - where it would actually make sense to have the UI portion of it on the second screen device.

As most playlist items - for most people will come from the Youtube App - auto resolve of Youtube links within Kore is more than overdue - having a list of 10 "plugin://*" items within the App is simply not functional.

Thank you for considering those suggestions.

h.
I have done that already, but I am not sure if the project owner wants to pull the new feature into the main branch therefore I did not ask for a pull request. I use my Pi 2 / Kodi for music streaming whenever I at home using Kore as my main remote control without the need to see the TV screen. The new modification will let the user keep a music and a video playlists even when Kodi is not playing. The user can replay either playlist or save the them into files for replaying later at a later time.

As far a playing a list of YouTube videos, I create a playlist on YouTube, load up the playlist with all the music/videos that I want to play then save it.

From Kodi, I open YouTube plugin, select the playlist I saved earlier, then click "play from here" at the first item. Kodi will then start playing. Open Kore, swipe to playlist page, then select "save playlist to file". Kore will save the current playlist to a file on the phone. From that point on, whenever you want to play that playlist again, just "load playlist" from Kore playlist page. You can save as many playlists as you like. This can be media from your local machine or on the web. It does not matter.

In the future, I probably will implement YouTube video search directly from Kore then queue them up to play on Kodi upon request.

The code is on my github page, under the "playlist enhancement" branch.

Cheers,
Thanks for the heads up, I'll be looking into it.

Playlist handling - shouldnt require an account. Thats as what I would comment on the "do it via YT" workaround. Wink

If for the Kore Devs "handling multiple playlists" becomes a problem - because there really is no defined place for them or agreement on how they should be handled between Kodi and Kore - just give the playlist that is in Kore a less fragile state (survives restart), and maybe some management options. It would go a long way.