Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: different movie libraries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Raspberry pi2 and installed Kodi. I have all my movies and music on a Synology and i connect with NAS

I have a directory /music (fine, for music) and /video for al types of movies on my Synology NAS
I have 4 subdirectories: children, music (musicdvds), movies (real movies) and educational (The true names are in Dutch)

When I want to do add video then I would therefore four times add a folder. Well that fails. There is just one item under Movies and all the files from the 4 subdirectories are scanned together. How can I still make selections?

When i add Music, there's no option for a skimmer and there is also after scanning a new item on the first screen. For Music i must go into the tree at fileserver.

Another question: I have a Mac and i need to make .nfo files, So i should use Mediaelch. Should i inport from Synology?
Not RPi specific, moving to "Metadata scrapers" forum.

(2015-08-08, 18:13)bonestaak Wrote: [ -> ]When I want to do add video then I would therefore four times add a folder. Well that fails. There is just one item under Movies and all the files from the 4 subdirectories are scanned together. How can I still make selections?

That's the point of a library - it will consolidate all of your sources. Maybe you need to look at smart playlists, or even user profiles if you want separate libraries for different users.

(2015-08-08, 18:13)bonestaak Wrote: [ -> ]When i add Music, there's no option for a skimmer and there is also after scanning a new item on the first screen. For Music i must go into the tree at fileserver.

You configure the Music scraper in Settings > Music.
I now installed xbian it looks nearly the same as openelec exept, more options, inserting licence etc. Too bad most of the movies gives 4 a 5 seconds black screen and then i am back in top menu
If you want to "insert licence" (ie. edit config.txt settings) in OpenELEC then install Leopolds Config add-on.