Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Network to PC not connecting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys
I have three android TV boxes, a Tronsmart s89 a minix neo x8h plus and the Shield Android TV console... all of which CAN connect to my Windows PCs via ES File explorer but cannot connect via Kodi.

I have tried clicking on the network, finding the computer, clicking on it and then trying to sign in using my windows username and password... and I have also tried entering the IP address manually, but neither works, no connection is made!

It seems since the same thing happens with three boxes, that the problem may be with Kodi.

Are any of you able to access your pc properly?

tx
Mark.
Can the windows PC ping the android boxes?
(2015-08-09, 04:07)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Can the windows PC ping the android boxes?

Hi,
Yes, it responds to ping quickly...
Oddly I can get to the PC via ES File explorer... so I don't know why Kodi has a problem.
Neither do we without a debug log (wiki)
(2015-08-11, 22:00)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Neither do we without a debug log (wiki)

Hi there,
Here is my debug kodi.log: http://xbmclogs.com/pz9clp9gn

I noted that this time when running debug mode, the browsing for SMB showed just the HOME network, and not the WORKGROUP as it usually does. Still, ES File explorer has no problem browsing my remote PC... and I am 100% sure the password used is identical, I cleared ES File Explorer settings and re-entered the same password, which works perfectly on ES but not Kodi.

It would be great to get to the bottom of this, thanks!
Mark.