Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android Video Nodes Path?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hello,

I have tried to manually pinpoint the directory/path to the Kodi Video Nodes on Android to no avail. I checked several directories but couldn't find the equivalency of the directory for Windows (C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\library\).

Naturally, I turned to the wiki pages for help, however it lists every other directory except for the one for Android Huh (http://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_library_nodes)

Does anyone know the path that should replace the question mark on that page?

Thanks in advance

Does a default video node path even exist for Android?
I'm sure it does, but I've always just been lazy and copied the files off of my computer, since they're the same for all platforms ;)

Still, I'll try to add the Android path today.
/data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/system/library/
Which you can only access if you have root.

If you don't have root I don't know if Kodi will pick it up if you a /library to

/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/system

Which is were is looks like it should be since not all systems have access to /data/data/
If Video nodes have already been created on a Windows pc then just copy them across to the Userdata folder on the Android device.
(2015-08-10, 17:47)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]/data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/system/library/

Ned,

I needed to know this path to modify a specific file for a particular purpose. That is done now. You're officially my hero for the week Big Grin
(2015-08-10, 21:11)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]Which you can only access if you have root.

If you don't have root I don't know if Kodi will pick it up if you a /library to

/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/system

Which is were is looks like it should be since not all systems have access to /data/data/

It should only be needed as an easy way to copy the original files. All user modifications should still be done on

/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/library/

If non-rooted boxes can't access the original path externally, to make a copy, it is possible to access and copy it via Kodi's file manager (wiki) by making a source for "special://xbmc" and then copying it to

"profile directory" -> library
@nhunt80

Please don't change the default format of the font for forum posts unless there's some specific need to do so such as writing a How To guide which needs Section headers, replying which such a large font is considered shouting and is seen as being very rude on public forums.
Oh and as both I and Ned have pointed out, you should never ever edit the System/Library files unless you want to risk completely borking your Kodi install, all Video/Music node changes should be done in the Userdata directory.
(2015-08-11, 11:31)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]Oh and as both I and Ned have pointed out, you should never ever edit the System/Library files unless you want to risk completely borking your Kodi install, all Video/Music node changes should be done in the Userdata directory.

I tried making the same edit using [/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/library/] first, which didn't work. Then I tried using [/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/system/library] which didn't work either. The modification only sticks if made in the default node path. It is a very specific edit and it didn't mess up anything in Kodi the way I have it set up. Everything is still accessible and works.

I appreciate all of the very useful background information. This thread can be locked and marked as solved if need be.