Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Swipe gestures don't seem to work with touch screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi again.

I am using a touch screen from Chalkboard Electronics on a Linux machine equipped with OpenELEC. Touch works but swipes don't seem to.

The given device supports two modes, single- and multi- touch. Switching between the two requires firmware flashing, which I have done. I have also recompiled OpenELEC so as to include hid-multitouch.ko, which was not compiled neither built-in nor as a module. The touch screen works under Kodi in both modes but gestures don't seem to in any mode.

I have checked /usr/share/kodi/system/keymaps/touchscreen.xml is present in OpenELEC. During swipes I can see the mouse pointer appear and disappear shortly afterwards but only the pointer moves, regardless of one or two fingers swipes, interface elements not.

Have I missed something?
I don't think there is any gesture support for linux at all. The fact that you see the mouse pointer also suggests that this touch screen presents itself as a normal mouse to kodi.
The wiki has this about touch screens:
Quote:Touch screen devices, such as those for Android and iOS, have a number of default functions and can also be modified using a touchscreen.xml keymap. The ability to change these controls with a keymap file was added in v13.
It looked so promising that I thought it meant touch screens would work in general. Shocked Do you mean that paragraph would only apply to Android and IOS? Well, I'm totally confused then. I followed Phoronix for years about multitouch (believing it implied gestures and swipes and so on) and thought it was good to go but am I to understand it's not what I imagined?
Yes you somehow got it wrong.
Then the Touch controls section in wiki is but confusing.