Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fire TV Stick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

Never used Android or Kodi fully before.

My issue is, I have a current setup on one stick that I want to load onto 2 more.

I have tried using adbfire over wifi to backup but it says failed. Is it best to use USB mode?

Can anyone recommend the best and quickest way?

Ta

*****UPDATE*****

Just found a thread about amazon fire tv utility app so I will download that and try.
Sugestions:

- make a Dropbox/NAS/Network folder that ES File Manager supports
- sideload FileStarter (alternate laucher with sideloaded apps detection, no root needed) + ES File Manager + Kodi
- run Kodi, install/customize add-ons, skins, etc as you want
- ES File Manager, with it go to the folder Android > ODD (or something like this) and when you search you´ll find a folder ".KODI"
- inside that folder you have more folders, one as "add-ons" and another "userdata"
- copy those folders AND ALL APKs you want to Dropbox/NAS/NF

On the new devices you just have to SIDELOAD File Starter/ES File Manager/Kodi;
- then through ES File Manager copy the "add-ons" + "userdata" from Cloud (already customized, add-ons installed, skins, etc) to the new device and replace them
- you can also install oder APKs directly from the clound, no need to sideload/connect to PC through cable again!
- run kodi and you´ll see you´ll have all the settings, add-ons, etc etc exactly as on device 1
(2015-08-11, 18:00)mmick Wrote: [ -> ]Sugestions:

- make a Dropbox/NAS/Network folder that ES File Manager supports
- sideload FileStarter (alternate laucher with sideloaded apps detection, no root needed) + ES File Manager + Kodi
- run Kodi, install/customize add-ons, skins, etc as you want
- ES File Manager, with it go to the folder Android > ODD (or something like this) and when you search you´ll find a folder ".KODI"
- inside that folder you have more folders, one as "add-ons" and another "userdata"
- copy those folders AND ALL APKs you want to Dropbox/NAS/NF

On the new devices you just have to SIDELOAD File Starter/ES File Manager/Kodi;
- then through ES File Manager copy the "add-ons" + "userdata" from Cloud (already customized, add-ons installed, skins, etc) to the new device and replace them
- you can also install oder APKs directly from the clound, no need to sideload/connect to PC through cable again!
- run kodi and you´ll see you´ll have all the settings, add-ons, etc etc exactly as on device 1

Ok,I have ES File explorer installed, I have linked it to my dropbox account, how do I move the files over from Android>ODD? I cant seem to work out how to copy them.

I havent had much time to get used to this AFTV yet.
Finally got ADBFire to work and make a successful backup.