Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
I am aware that I am part of a rather small group who is actually using the music library. Would still hope for some support.

I am using Isengard and face some quite big problems. All my files are tagged with Picard, so I would consider them "perfect tags".

I am not sure how best to describe the issue / bug; I think it may be related to the facts that I have removed the "compilation tag" via Picard as this tag has been causing problems with other software (incl. Picard). And/or related to the artists tag (with an "s").

The issue occurs when I add an album with a song with multiple artists (e.g., albumartist xxx, song 5 with artist xxx and yyy feat zzz). For some reasons, this artist (xxx and yyy feat zzz) show up in the artist although I have disabled "Include artists that only appear on compilations". This is a problem, but the bigger issue is that albums with albumartist yyy are shown as part of the artist (xxx and yyy feat zzz) and artist yyy is not being displayed.

This is very confusing to describe, buit hope someone will be able to make sense of this description and can help how to think through a proper bug report?
Sometimes screenshots will tell more than words

Mind providing some?
I am running on Openelec on RPi and not sure how to do and whether possible? I have edited my opening post to provide the right name of teh disabled option.
I believe my issue is the same as below:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=168393
The way it currently works (the way I have understood it) is that when you enter a artist it will show all albums where that artist is credited either:
1) albumartisttag (album)
2) artisttag (song)

if you then enter the album, it will show all songs from that album (case 1) or only the song where this artist was credited (case 2). In both cases it will still list the album as belonging to the artist tagged as the albumartist.

Using the "Include artists that only appear on compilations" option only shows artists in the artists list that has at least one album with case 1. It does not affect which albums are show for that artist.

One thing that could be causing problem for you is that the artist(s) patches hasn't been included in 15 but only in 16. So what could have happend is that the artist yyy was added to the db as "xxx and yyy feat zzz" and the artist string for that album was set to "xxx and yyy feat zzz", later on the database was updated and reset the artist name to yyy (from online sources) but did not change the credit to the album, which would cause the problem you are describing. On my kodi (running 16 with the artist(s) tags) this works fine. A quick fix that could work is to use a scraper with mbrainz support and enable "fetch additional information during updates" and "Prefer Online information", if I remember correctly could force it to overwrite the artist string in the database.

If you would like me to test it against 16, give the musicbrainz url of the album and I can test it.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for offering, this is very much appreciated. I actually need to provide you with two album-IDs. It is rather strange. Let me show you when the issue appears:

1) Library with only album 1, no problem, all as planned
2) Library with only album 2, no problem, all as planned
3) Library with album 1 and 2 (album 2 scanned first), artists are wrong: 2 artists in view: "Absolute Beginner" (correct) and "Absolute Beginner feat. Das Bo & Ferris MC" (instead of "Das Bo")

Album 1: 8a315883-6c4a-4441-a116-ca91c252fe5d
Album 2: 8377002d-790b-41f4-a152-d2f6ba6ea736
(2015-08-14, 02:55)steve1977 Wrote: [ -> ]I am running on Openelec on RPi and not sure how to do and whether possible?

On this, Kodi includes the built in ability to take screenshots go to Settings -> System -> Debugging to set the folder screenshots are sent to, then to take screenshots will depend on your input device for example with a keyboard it's Print Screen and for MCE remotes it's Print.
Unfortunately, I am on remote only (Sony TV control), so not sure, But now that I isolated the problem, it is fairly easy to describe the screenshot with the example above.

1) Scanned two albums (8a315883-6c4a-4441-a116-ca91c252fe5d and 8377002d-790b-41f4-a152-d2f6ba6ea736)
2) Disabled "Include artists that only appear on compilations"
3) Artist view shows:
Absolute Beginner
Absolute Beginner feat. Das Bo & Ferris MC

The first entry is correct. The second entry is incorrect. I assume the explanation is what evilhamster suggests. Maybe someone has an idea about the fix or it may be as easy as switching to Kodi 16 Alpha?
Since you are using mb tags, make sure you enable "prefer online information" in the music section settings.

Ohhh, and also I think I skirted around this issue using the "Feat. Artists in Titles" plugin via Picard.
I would very much prefer not to enable "prefer online information". I have perfect tags and also for some songs changed albumartist maually, in which case pulling online information would lead to a different result from the tag. Still hope that there is some other fix (already?).
What you can do as a workaround with 15 is to temporary enable "prefer online information" and the refresh the artists that have the wrong name and after that disable it again.

I tested with the releases you listed and they worked fine under 16 (tested only with my latest patch but it should work the same with the earlier one that has been included).
Steve I am another serious music library user, but also new to Kodi so not sure how much help I can be, but here is my penny-worth.

I think your problem is having "feat." and "&" in your artist tag. In Kodi the default artist separator is " / " (spaces important), although you can set it to another string if you want. Kodi sees "Absolute Beginner feat. Das Bo & Ferris MC" as a single artist, if your tag was "Absolute Beginner / Das Bo / Ferris MC" then Kodi would put all three performers into the artist data table.

The using the "Include artists that only appear on compilations" all 3 performers would be listed under the artists view, disabled you would only see the album artist Absolute Beginner.

Probably not happy to change your tags, but maybe use a script to do it. Could you try changing the tags on some as a test and see if that does it.
For the record the Picard plugin I mentioned strips all the featuring artists out of the Artist tag and moves them into the track name. It still keeps the MBID's for the artist intact, therefore you get appropriate entries into the database.
DaveBlake:
Since Kodi uses mbrainzid to determine what artist to add, it's very important that the order in the artist field (if you are using " / ") is the same as in the mbrainz_artist_id (if it exists):

Nie nett, has the artist: Absolute Beginner feat. Das Bo & Ferris MC and the mbrainz_artist_ids:
709b55e5-0286-4fda-bf7e-3aff1894554d, 4e9037f4-af08-43a4-b3fb-c6b3e79db7fe, 1670ecd7-a00f-4534-bf80-b8efaa1f965e

If you where to rename the artist to: Absolute Beginner / Das Bo / Ferris MC

Kodi will figure out that it's three different artist and assign the artistname in the first slot with the mbrainz_artist_id in the first slot:
Absolute Beginner <-> 709b55e5-0286-4fda-bf7e-3aff1894554d
Das Bo <-> 4e9037f4-af08-43a4-b3fb-c6b3e79db7fe
Ferris MC <-> 1670ecd7-a00f-4534-bf80-b8efaa1f965e

Which is correct, but if the order is incorrect (and either the order of the mbrainz_artist or the artist list was mixed up) you could end up with artists with the wrong name in the database that would not be fixed until the prefer online information was enabled and that artist refresed (or all music with that artist removed from the database and readded).

So, it would work but be careful!

Helta:
You will also need to enable "prefer online information" or support for the artists (currently only in 16). If you don't have this functionality and add a song with one artist string and several mbrainz_artist_id it will add one artist with the artist name from the song for each mbrainz_artist_id, so you would end up with a lot of artist named the same in the db but with different id's.
Evil: Yup, I do.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23