Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Sportsnet Now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Well, that should have resolved it. The account details I was given were working, so there may be something else going on but (see post 3) I can't do much without an example account.
Hey Micah
All of a sudden this add on went down on me today, and I get an error saying it's an authorization error.

This is my go to app and never had a problem with it because you do such a good job.

The error comes up as soon as I click on it, doesn't even get to them menu.

Thanks
Actually it just says Sportsnet now error, not an authorization error.

Thanks
can you link some logs please -- its working for me. See the original post about submitting logs.
Hi,

For me work OK , Thank you

what about TSN channels ?

Thx
(2016-12-08, 04:58)micahg Wrote: [ -> ]can you link some logs please -- its working for me. See the original post about submitting logs.

When I get home I am going to look up how to link logs and send them your way.

Its just weird because it happened out of nowhere and it still continues to give me the error message. The odd thing is that I run the Sportsnet add on on two separate TV's using 2 different android boxes but with the same log in info and credentials. Sportsnet on the TV works as smooth as ever. The one upstairs gives this error immediately.
hey micahg,

i'm trying to PM you but keep getting:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'bred3'

any ideas?
no ideas. Given that you've only posted twice, I expect that is the reason.
(2016-12-10, 04:37)micahg Wrote: [ -> ]no ideas. Given that you've only posted twice, I expect that is the reason.

Hey micahg,

Can you add TSN Channels ? , will be awesome

Cheerz
Hi all -- for those who are struggling with connecting via Shaw Go (receiving the Authorization Failed message), I've discovered a couple of things

- I believe Shaw has put some additional checks in place if you are using Sportsnet Now on a Shaw internet connection. They seem to be checking that you are a Shaw cable subscriber AND that you also have access to the Sportsnet channels on your cable subscription. The reason I believe this to be true is because I have tried watching Sportsnet Now via the website on my shaw internet connection (I have no cable subscription on my account, using family account for Sportsnet Now), but I get an auth failure on the website. When I connect to the website via a Canadian VPN, then I am granted access. This also seems to hold true for a friend of mine, who has experienced the same things (he has no shaw cable subscription).

- With respect to the Kodi addon, I have tried to use the OpenVPN addon to get around this problem (http://brianhornsby.com/kodi_addons/openvpn). It seems that the Sportsnet Now addon does not work with the OpenVPN addon, nor does it seem to work if I run the OpenVPN client manually (using Linux Raspbian). I continue to get the Authorization failed message in both cases.

@micahg -- perhaps you have some understanding about this VPN issue, are you aware of the Sportsnet Now addon not being able to use a VPN connection? I am happy to lend a hand with debugging if you like, I am a software developer by trade, but I know you are probably able to figure this out much faster.
The add-on works with Shaw Go on a legit account.
@hscotty -- yes, appreciate you mentioning that actually -- my long-winded message might give the impression that the addon does not work at all with ShawGo, which is not true -- it works fine under legit circumstances.
Still not working for me with LEGIT Shaw credentials. Have tried using account number (with and without dashes), account name, and even account email address all giving authorization failed. I know my password is right as I can login on the Sportsnet now website no problem. I have even tried changing the password of my Shaw account and entering the new one on the Kodi app but no dice. Have also tried on 3 different pc's and tried my brothers account but still not working. Was working flawlessly for a very long time until a couple weeks ago.

Also I don't use a VPN and live in Vancouver.
@bred3 make sure you are using the latest version of the addon, and delete the cookies from the addon cache.. found in userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.snnow where your Kodi config is installed
Latest version 1.0.8 installed. Deleted cookies from userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.snnow and restarted computer. Still getting authorisation failed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43