Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Sportsnet Now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Also going to add to the group of people of having the add-on not working for them. I'm with Cogeco and can get past the login to see what channels are available but whenever I click on any of the channels I just get kicked back to the list of channels.
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but have been following closely since the issue began for me a couple weeks ago. To assist, I live in Nova Scotia, and have no access to any Sportsnet channel at the moment. The only relief I got was to completely blow away my Android Box and begin again. And that only helped for a couple of days, at most. I've since installed version 1.0.12, and I do get the bitrate choice, but this has made no difference for me. I'm still unable to watch any channel. I would be happy to assist by providing any logs, etc you wish to have.

PS. Is it possible to provide a previous version of the app that worked for all of us until the logon issues we are all experiencing can be resolved? I do appreciate all the work being done by all.

Cheers.
Yeah, you can go get an older version but as far as I can tell I didn't change anything when this broke... I'm quite confident they've changed something in the authorization that is causing it to behave inconsistently...

The real trouble is I can't seem to recreate the issue, so until I find a way, you're all SOL I think.

Apologies, but this may take some time.
(2017-02-02, 03:46)micahg Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, you can go get an older version but as far as I can tell I didn't change anything when this broke... I'm quite confident they've changed something in the authorization that is causing it to behave inconsistently...

The real trouble is I can't seem to recreate the issue, so until I find a way, you're all SOL I think.

Apologies, but this may take some time.

So, popped this open for the first time in a couple weeks, and experienced the same issue others are reporting. SSH'd in, deleted cookies.dat and re-opened the addon, and all was fine. The real question is why/how does cookies.dat get into this state, which may be difficult to answer.

Side note, the bitrate selection feature is a nice touch. Thanks micahg.
Hello all,

I've just had mine update to version 1.0.12. I can report that I am getting empty bitrate window. No options to choose from. After hitting "cancel", authorization fail window pops up and that's it.
Micah, let me know if you need debug log this time around.

Thank you.
Kodi maintains the cookies.dat -- maybe it could be converted to an MRU or something.... but anyway, can the people having troubles confirm if they actually did delete the cookies.dat file and continued to have problems?
Hi there
1) Micahg, thank you for creating and maintaining this add-on!

2) i was experiencing the same bug as everyone else for about a week. I cleared cookies & re-installed, but after a short period of buffering, nothing happened. I updated to the latest version with the same lack of results. This morning, i checked and the add on still appeared to be broken. On a whim i decided to try it again this evening and for some reason, the add-on is working again. Obviously I have no idea why, but if there's any way i can help, let me know.
I am still negative. Tried deleting cookies.dat several times and still no go.
Thanks
Hi first time poster here. Love this addon used it daily until starting having issues in the last week or two. The update to version 1.0.12 and deleting the cookies.dat file has enabled me to stream 4 minutes and 30 seconds of SportsNet Now content and then it freezes and stops. Thanks again for your great work. Log file here -> http://pastebin.com/kdzn3asR
(2017-02-03, 06:06)Marz1970 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there
1) Micahg, thank you for creating and maintaining this add-on!

2) i was experiencing the same bug as everyone else for about a week. I cleared cookies & re-installed, but after a short period of buffering, nothing happened. I updated to the latest version with the same lack of results. This morning, i checked and the add on still appeared to be broken. On a whim i decided to try it again this evening and for some reason, the add-on is working again. Obviously I have no idea why, but if there's any way i can help, let me know.

Agreed on 1)

On 2) the samething happened to me. I did much like you did, clear the cookies, re-installed. Was watching it at lunch yesterday still doing it. Literally the time I enabled logging later that evening when I had time to fiddle to put a package together for Micah again, it magically started working ever since. I believe enabling logging was coincidence but what a pita.

May / may not help in troubleshooting, but the problem seemed to be more around the Ontario feed, whereas the other channels seemed to work fine.

Just a lazy comment, but is there a way to disable the bit rate selection, or possibly have it in the add on configuration to always use a specific bit rate?
Hey there,

so i was reading clarenceb5's comment and i realized i hadn't run the add on for more than 5 minutes. I am finding that it does freeze every 5 minutes or so on 360. I have yet to try the other feeds.
Hey having the same issue with the feed cutting out after 5 mins. Same for every bit rate and channel. Everything else works fine though.
(2017-02-04, 01:46)Marz1970 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there,

so i was reading clarenceb5's comment and i realized i hadn't run the add on for more than 5 minutes. I am finding that it does freeze every 5 minutes or so on 360. I have yet to try the other feeds.

"freezing" like buffering? that's unrelated. If you get HTTP errors retrieving keys it means auth broke. In that case, logs please.
here is an edited version:

http://pastebin.com/37p6rF00

it freezes for about 30 seconds and then kicks me out to the menu where i choose which sportsnet channel i want to watch

i hope this helps
(2017-02-04, 03:36)micahg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-04, 01:46)Marz1970 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there,

"freezing" like buffering? that's unrelated. If you get HTTP errors retrieving keys it means auth broke. In that case, logs please.

When I say it freezes and stops. I mean it's like I pressed the pause button and then the stop button. No on screen indication of buffering. My log http://pastebin.com/kdzn3asR
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43