Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music skips while browsing files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

My android box (Minix X6) uses LAN connections to all my media files. As far as I can remember (I had an OUYA before), music would skip sometimes when I enter a source which is constitued of many SMB shares mainly from a MS Windows machine, a HD connected to my router and one little NAS (NSLU2) with 2 HDs.

I'm not sure about the Library mode (I don't use it right now) but in file mode (actual directory, etc) I get the music skips when browsing the files.

I suspect the skips are caused by the spinned down (a good thing) of my HDs which need to wake up, I'm guessing.

Is that something that can be fixed for the file mode? I was on the impression that KODI had full control over the SMB implementation so there must be something that could be done, still guessing. A multi-thread, asynchronous issue thing I suppose.

Thanks
I am experiencing the same issue when I browse my SMB collection while listening to music. I'm running Kodi v16 on a Nexus Player.