Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Computer is online but Kodi says no connection.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I hope I'm posting in the correct place, it's my first post so feel free to move it if necessary. Here is my problem. I have Comcast cable and for a minute I had a notion to setup a bridged network so I could use my own Netgear router rather than the crappy gateway that comes with the service. It turned out to be a pain in the ass and after hours of attempting to set it up correctly I gave up and bought a tp-link wi-fi extender. The reason for my attempt at bridging as well as buying the extender was because the signal in my downstairs bedroom was so weak I couldn't watch anything without it buffering half of the time or more. I followed the direction on the extender, plugging it in near my gateway to insure a good signal during setup and everything went smoothly. I had the maximum bars from my wifi extender. Everything is great upstairs, but in my bedroom downstairs (site of the inspiration for all this) I plugged it into a wall socket closest to the window, since my router is directly above my bedroom and close to a windows up there, and "bang" I'm getting the same maximum bars from the router showing on the TP-Link extender. My computer shows five bars on the excellent wi-fi signal I now had and I can go online and watch YouTube videos without a hint of buffering. I then start up Kodi Issengarde and i get an error message that I'm not connected to the internet, please check my connection. I look in System Information and it says I'm connected to the internet and even gives me my IP address which I verified using ipconfig. I rechecked everything and finally settled on doing a fresh start. I uninstalled Kodi, rebooted and then reinstalled the program. So far everything is good. I open file manager and add the TotalXBMC to the list of sources. Close and hit system/addons and chose install from zip and what do you know it connects to the site and I download and install TotalInstaller. Next I attempt to open the newly installed T-Installer program addon and I get the error message about not being connected to the internet again, even though once again system information says i'm connected and shows my IP address. I checked my firewall settings and Kodi is approved to go online. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. One other thing of note. The night I set up the extender, my MXIII android box attached to the TV upstairs initially did the same thing as the computer downstairs. After rebooting the router, and going to bed, it was working the next morning. So like a baseball player who refuses to change his socks during a series I rebooted the router and went to bed but the computer downstairs still says i'm not connected. Any help with this would be very much appreciated. I really don't want to remove the extender because it took my internet signal from 2-3 bars to solid 5 bars, and works as it should with everything else I need it for....just not Kodi. I'm completely at a loss. Thanks for reading.