Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to query a list of android appps, then launch a specific app?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've found the command useful to show a list of Android apps, but I'm trying to figure out a way to start specific apps on the list (such as Netflix):
Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"GUI.ActivateWindow","params":{"window":"programs","parameters":["androidapp://sources/apps/"]},"id":1}

Any ideas? To make my home automation module as generic as possible, I think it's a good idea to have it query the available list of android apps, then allow the user to launch any of them.

Hopefully, there's a JSON-RPC example somewhere on how to do this, but I tried searching and didn't find anything.
If you want to get a list of apps as a return value in JSON-RPC (instead of showing them in Kodi's user interface) you should use Files.GetDirectory with the path you're already using. But I don't think that you can actually start them through JSON-RPC.
Thanks!

Unfortunately, if I can't start them via JSON-RPC, I don't really need the list... Wink

I'm surprised this isn't possible. I wouldn't think it would be a security issue?

I just thought it'd be neat if I could launch 4k Netflix with a remote button (nvidia shield android TV).