Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: FireTV with Kodi 15.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just tried updating my working Isengard 15.0 installation on my FireTV to 15.1. However, when the main Kodi screen tries to load, it's all garbled. It appears to have multiple small images all over the screen (say 100), since at startup, my library updates, and I can see about 100 of the small "Movie: & "TV" library update dialog boxes on the screen. After the library scan is done the whole screen is just a bunch of garbled junk. The Isengard splash screen is fine.

I wonder if it's a skin problem. Unfortunately all attempts to downgrade to 15.0 again fail. Any way to default Kodi to Confluence or some other skin without having access to it inside the program?

Any other ideas or anyone else experience this?
Did you try ubistalling kodi and reinstalling it and what are you using to upgrade the firetv i used to sideload it usinf -r in linux but now i either use the fireinstaller app on my phone to install new stuff or.use the browser i put on it to get it straight from the page to upgrade it...but i also am using a firestick
Or delete guisettings.xml in your userdata folder and restart.
(2015-08-18, 08:36)PiraTed Wrote: [ -> ]... and what are you using to upgrade the firetv ...

I'm using "adbFire". It's worked well for me since the beginning.

I'll try deleting the guisettings.xml file first, before uninstalling and reinstalling. If I delete the app, will the settings stay? Or will it wipe everything?
Did you ever fix this? I have the same issue. I can eventually get a video to play but it's trial and error. And the playback stutters.

Thanks

(2015-08-17, 04:47)euphos Wrote: [ -> ]Just tried updating my working Isengard 15.0 installation on my FireTV to 15.1. However, when the main Kodi screen tries to load, it's all garbled. It appears to have multiple small images all over the screen (say 100), since at startup, my library updates, and I can see about 100 of the small "Movie: & "TV" library update dialog boxes on the screen. After the library scan is done the whole screen is just a bunch of garbled junk. The Isengard splash screen is fine.

I wonder if it's a skin problem. Unfortunately all attempts to downgrade to 15.0 again fail. Any way to default Kodi to Confluence or some other skin without having access to it inside the program?

Any other ideas or anyone else experience this?
(2015-09-21, 05:33)wrxin1 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you ever fix this? I have the same issue. I can eventually get a video to play but it's trial and error. And the playback stutters.

Thanks

I did as Welsh Paul suggested, and that took care of the problem.

(2015-08-18, 09:51)WelshPaul Wrote: [ -> ]Or delete guisettings.xml in your userdata folder and restart.
Thanks! I'll try that out.

(2015-09-21, 14:26)euphos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-21, 05:33)wrxin1 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you ever fix this? I have the same issue. I can eventually get a video to play but it's trial and error. And the playback stutters.

Thanks

I did as Welsh Paul suggested, and that took care of the problem.

(2015-08-18, 09:51)WelshPaul Wrote: [ -> ]Or delete guisettings.xml in your userdata folder and restart.