Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Local Storage Control
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Am I blind or is there really no way to specify where Kore downloads media files for offline use or where it caches fanart, thumbnails etc?

Right now it just fills my internal storage to max completely cripling my phone and then stops as it's run out if space... I have found no way to tell it to use folders on my micro SD card.

I like that you use Kore to download, and your media apps of choice to play, but without the ability to choose where the files go it's pointless.

I much prefer Kore to Yatse but this is a major usability problem for me.

I must be missing something obvious....
Downloads are kept in the system Download/ folder and that can't be changed. If it's not working for you, use a file manager to move your media files from Download/ to wherever you have space.

Caches are caches, they are not supposed to be moved.
Well that's got to be the most narrow minded response ever.

Yatse has no trouble letting you set where it stores its "offline" content, both cache and media. So both your points are moot.

If I can set where files are downloaded then I can directly use my always on media server via Kore to handle my phone's media. Instead of stuffing around tethering to a computer to do file transfers.

I already do this with Yatse but in general I prefer Kore's interface. Guess I'll have to stick with Yatse as they can clearly achieve the impossible.

The cache location doesn't bother me so much but the media download location does.
as i try to move just 1 gb of files and it takes over 25 mins i must admit i would like a way to do this aswell. if i get download happy my internal storage fills to crippling.