Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin helper service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Marcel, small request I had in my head long time ago... In my skin, i''m using a custom dialog, in the same style of Yes\No dialog. when I call this window, I set 3 strings with:
header, text, and action. so the user can get an explanation of what he's going to do in case of clicking "ok".

I wonder if you can do the same, using kodi yesno build in dialog, with those 3 parameters, same way like you already did with the OK Dialog function:
Code:
RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=dialogok,header[yourheadertext],message=[your message body])
something like:
Code:
RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=dialogyesno,header[yourheadertext],message=[your message body],action[action in case of yes])
(2016-02-27, 16:49)Hakker Wrote: [ -> ]checked the entire zip and neither the master nor the 1.0.53 version that I saw here has a module that is called BeautifulSoup

Just install the addon from the Kodi repo and you should be fine, it will auto install the beatutifulsoup dependency.
I guess you installed manually by overwriting files ?
Hi Marcel,

One more feedback after further testing the PVR thumbs scrapper. Works really fine on my side, good job !

Also, about the constant stuff, I think you're busy those times, so just ping me if you have something you want me to test (I have a crazy project in mind is this can be achieved Wink ...)
Hi Marcel,

It is probably by design, but it appears that Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesAudienceRating) pulls metascore which is based on metacritic.com and not Rotten tomatoes audience rating as the property description states.

I checked omdbapi.com and they provide both ratings.
(2016-02-27, 22:36)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Marcel,

It is probably by design, but it appears that Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesAudienceRating) pulls metascore which is based on metacritic.com and not Rotten tomatoes audience rating as the property description states.

I checked omdbapi.com and they provide both ratings.

Thanks for the catch, I will adjust it to return both values
(2016-02-19, 23:58)Mike_Doc Wrote: [ -> ]It just used to be view name I'm sure when I first plugged it in, if you can check what your actually populating it with that would be ok? I don't know if you changed it for another user so not sure it should be changed back?

could it be connected to this change in mainmodule.py in commit 'bunch of small fixes' from 20 day ago?

- selectedItem = selectView(contenttype, currentView)
+ viewid, viewlabel = selectView(contenttype, currentView)

Hi Marcee,

Have you had any chance to look into this view selector query?

Thanks.

Mike
@Marcel

Just asking if you stil have the genre content provider thing on your list.
(2016-02-28, 11:09)Mike_Doc Wrote: [ -> ]Have you had any chance to look into this view selector query?

Sorry, I forgot about it. Should now be fixed on Git.
And another request Big Grin

RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=reset)
-> Could you please add the "filter=string1|string2|string2" to the reset option, too?
Hi Marcel,

Would it be possible for you to integrate this with regards to animated posters

Perhaps a call to the json database that returns something like Window(home).property(anitamtedposter) and Window(home).property(originalanitmatedposter) with different calls / actions?

Just wondering if it possible and then if you would be interested in adding it to skin helper?

TIA

Mike.
(2016-02-27, 22:21)Jayz2K Wrote: [ -> ]Also, about the constant stuff, I think you're busy those times, so just ping me if you have something you want me to test (I have a crazy project in mind is this can be achieved Wink ...)

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...ludes-file
(2016-03-01, 22:21)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-27, 22:21)Jayz2K Wrote: [ -> ]Also, about the constant stuff, I think you're busy those times, so just ping me if you have something you want me to test (I have a crazy project in mind is this can be achieved Wink ...)

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...ludes-file
Woohoo ! Wonderful ! Will test ASAP and report.
Thx Marcel Wink
(2016-02-25, 02:15)meowmoo Wrote: [ -> ]I got a request for Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Music.Albums)

is it possible to add a "•" for the album name, or as a option the year, so if the name wrap over a line its better to read, " the Moment You Realize you're Going to fall" in this case

Check latest git version. It now has SkinHelper.Music.Albums.Formatted and TrackList.Formatted properties
(2016-02-26, 23:37)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]Movie sets window properties in home ...This will be realy good thing.
I want to have the Movies Set Properties for homescreen widgets

I see on github that you set script to show cast for movieSet...I can show actor (for other three working-Movies,TVShow,Episode),
This dont working for me, is some hiden condition to enable this ?

1) Window properties for moviesets should now also be available for widgets, check latest Git.

2) The cast for moviesets should now also work on title, please also check with latest Git.
(2016-03-01, 22:57)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]1) Window properties for moviesets should now also be available for widgets, check latest Git.

2) The cast for moviesets should now also work on title, please also check with latest Git.
You are genius working set info in widget SmileSmileSmile
For Cast movie set I didnt have succes to provide...dont working ,but this is just first try...I will Keep traying tonight...