Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin helper service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-02-27, 22:36)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Marcel,

It is probably by design, but it appears that Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesAudienceRating) pulls metascore which is based on metacritic.com and not Rotten tomatoes audience rating as the property description states.

I checked omdbapi.com and they provide both ratings.

Now fixed on Git, thanks for the catch.

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...properties
(2016-03-01, 16:51)Mike_Doc Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible for you to integrate this with regards to animated posters

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...ed-posters
(2016-03-02, 02:12)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-27, 22:36)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Marcel,

It is probably by design, but it appears that Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesAudienceRating) pulls metascore which is based on metacritic.com and not Rotten tomatoes audience rating as the property description states.

I checked omdbapi.com and they provide both ratings.

Now fixed on Git, thanks for the catch.

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...properties

Thanks for fixing and adding metascore too
Hi,

Since I have updated to last git, duration on my widget doesn't work.

In my Home.xml I have :

Code:
<onload>SetProperty(SkinHelper.WidgetContainer,9001)</onload>

And with my widget Label I have :

Code:
$INFO[Container(9001).ListItem.Year]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItemDuration),  •  ,]

Working with 1.0.55 version, not with 1.0.56
Hi,

Can't get metascore to pull on movies and opened ListItemMonitor.py and noticed that row 1319 says: WINDOW.setProperty("SkinHelper.MetaCritic.Score",result.get('Metascore',""))

Should it read Rating instead of score?
(2016-02-29, 20:12)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-28, 11:09)Mike_Doc Wrote: [ -> ]Have you had any chance to look into this view selector query?

Sorry, I forgot about it. Should now be fixed on Git.

(2016-03-02, 02:14)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-01, 16:51)Mike_Doc Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible for you to integrate this with regards to animated posters

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...ed-posters

Hi Marcel,

Thank you very much for both of these recently, especially adding the animated posters, wow. I can't fully test until the weekend but will let you know.

Mike.
(2016-02-27, 18:09)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]Marcel, small request I had in my head long time ago... In my skin, i''m using a custom dialog, in the same style of Yes\No dialog. when I call this window, I set 3 strings with:
header, text, and action. so the user can get an explanation of what he's going to do in case of clicking "ok".

I wonder if you can do the same, using kodi yesno build in dialog, with those 3 parameters, same way like you already did with the OK Dialog function:
Code:
RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=dialogok,header[yourheadertext],message=[your message body])
something like:
Code:
RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=dialogyesno,header[yourheadertext],message=[your message body],action[action in case of yes])

Bumping this one, cause I've got a feeling that you missed it? if not - just ignore the bumping :]
Hi Marcel,

Forgot to ask you about the cast defails call, can you tell me if this caches or not? In a recent update we added it to widget info and it seems there is a delay when in widget info on displaying the correct cast details i.e. it'll show the ones from the previous movie viewed in widget info and then some seconds later or more will update to the correct movie? Does it matter what is used in the call? i.e. would using the DBID improve the delay?

Thanks

Mike.
Hi Marcel,

I don't like to come with bad news but seems latest update 1.0.56 broke the "fileexists" feature.
It's been reported by users and tested it myself (after upgrading).
Here's part of the log :

Code:
08:49:10 T:9000  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> started loading script entry
08:49:10 T:4156  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
08:49:10 T:4156  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Parameter string: {'ACTION': 'fileexists', 'SKINSTRING': 'CUSTOM2', 'FILE': 'special://skin/16x9/Designer_CustomList2.xml', 'WINDOWPROP': 'CUSTOM2'}
08:49:10 T:9000  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Parameter string: {'ACTION': 'fileexists', 'SKINSTRING': 'CUSTOM3', 'FILE': 'special://skin/16x9/Designer_CustomList3.xml', 'WINDOWPROP': 'CUSTOM3'}
08:49:10 T:12756  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> started loading script entry
08:49:10 T:12756  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
08:49:10 T:12756  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Parameter string: {'ACTION': 'fileexists', 'SKINSTRING': 'CUSTOM4', 'FILE': 'special://skin/16x9/Designer_CustomList4.xml', 'WINDOWPROP': 'CUSTOM4'}
08:49:10 T:3104  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Parameter string: {'ACTION': 'fileexists', 'SKINSTRING': 'CUSTOM6', 'FILE': 'special://skin/16x9/Designer_CustomList6.xml', 'WINDOWPROP': 'CUSTOM6'}
08:49:10 T:11556  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> started loading script entry
08:49:10 T:11556  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Parameter string: {'ACTION': 'fileexists', 'SKINSTRING': 'CUSTOM5', 'FILE': 'special://skin/16x9/Designer_CustomList5.xml', 'WINDOWPROP': 'CUSTOM5'}
08:49:10 T:4156   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: global name 'xbmcvfs' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Jayz2K\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\default.py", line 290, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\Jayz2K\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\default.py", line 242, in __init__
                                                if xbmcvfs.exists(filename):
                                            NameError: global name 'xbmcvfs' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
08:49:11 T:8224   ERROR: Previous line repeats 4 times.

Call code :

PHP Code:
    <onload condition="Window.IsVisible(1101)">RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=fileexists,file=special://skin/16x9/Designer_CustomList1.xml,skinstring=CUSTOM1,windowprop=CUSTOM1)</onload>

<onload condition="Window.IsVisible(1101)">RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=fileexists,file=special://skin/16x9/Designer_CustomList2.xml,skinstring=CUSTOM2,windowprop=CUSTOM2)</onload>

<onload condition="Window.IsVisible(1101)">RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=fileexists,file=special://skin/16x9/Designer_CustomList3.xml,skinstring=CUSTOM3,windowprop=CUSTOM3)</onload>

<onload condition="Window.IsVisible(1101)">RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=fileexists,file=special://skin/16x9/Designer_CustomList4.xml,skinstring=CUSTOM4,windowprop=CUSTOM4)</onload>

<onload condition="Window.IsVisible(1101)">RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=fileexists,file=special://skin/16x9/Designer_CustomList5.xml,skinstring=CUSTOM5,windowprop=CUSTOM5)</onload>

<onload condition="Window.IsVisible(1101)">RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=fileexists,file=special://skin/16x9/Designer_CustomList6.xml,skinstring=CUSTOM6,windowprop=CUSTOM6)</onload> 
(2016-02-27, 18:09)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]if you can do the same, using kodi yesno build in dialog, with those 3 parameters, same way like you already did with the OK Dialog

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...ialogyesno
KING.
will test.
@marcelveldt: when you've got a second to spare,
mind sharing your thoughts on this issue:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2265536
(2016-03-01, 22:21)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-27, 22:21)Jayz2K Wrote: [ -> ]Also, about the constant stuff, I think you're busy those times, so just ping me if you have something you want me to test (I have a crazy project in mind is this can be achieved Wink ...)

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...ludes-file

Well, just gave it a quick shot but it doesn't work.
Seems that the Keyboard popup entry is missing, or the getdirectory error ?.

I tried this :

Command :

Code:
RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=setskinconstant,setting=TestSizeX,header=Width)

script-skin_helper_service-includes.xml (in 16x9 folder) :

PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<includes>

<constant name="TestSizeX">0</constant>
    <constant name="TestSizeY">0</constant>
    <constant name="TestCoordX">0</constant>
    <constant name="TestCoordY">0</constant>

</includes> 

Clicking the button poduce nothing, log :

Code:
12:15:03 T:8152  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> started loading script entry
12:15:03 T:8152  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Parameter string: {'ACTION': 'setskinconstant', 'HEADER': 'Width', 'SETTING': 'TestSizeX'}
12:15:03 T:3276   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting
12:15:03 T:8152  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> finished loading script entry
(2016-03-02, 09:56)Jayz2K Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like to come with bad news but seems latest update 1.0.56 broke the "fileexists" feature.
It's been reported by users and tested it myself (after upgrading).

Should now be fixed on Git. Once confirmed I will push to the repo again.
(2016-03-02, 12:05)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]@marcelveldt: when you've got a second to spare,
mind sharing your thoughts on this issue:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2265536

Thanks for the catch ronie, just fixed the issue on Git.