Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin helper service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-03-16, 10:42)Mike_Doc Wrote: [ -> ]This worked for me in webbrowser http://localhost:52307/getanimatedposter...=tt1345836 but like I said only give static without fallback, with fallback I always get poster

Confirmed. Can't be fixed. Kodi doesn't support the animated gifs from a http path.
Only workaround is by using the special://thumbnails path but downside of that is the errors in the log.

What I can do is make it available as ListItem.Art(animatedposter) with an optional setting to write the details to the Kodi db.
It's something @BobCratchet requested some posts back.
Hi Marcel,

Any thoughts on this ?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2277192

Thx
(2016-03-17, 20:31)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]fix that, this info are missing to me ....Smile

Should now be fixed on Git. While solving the lockdown issue I removed a little too much of code.
It's all OK now and running smooth
(2016-03-17, 21:11)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-16, 10:42)Mike_Doc Wrote: [ -> ]This worked for me in webbrowser http://localhost:52307/getanimatedposter...=tt1345836 but like I said only give static without fallback, with fallback I always get poster

Confirmed. Can't be fixed. Kodi doesn't support the animated gifs from a http path.
Only workaround is by using the special://thumbnails path but downside of that is the errors in the log.

What I can do is make it available as ListItem.Art(animatedposter) with an optional setting to write the details to the Kodi db.
It's something @BobCratchet requested some posts back.

I apologise for missing your original response to this, but a huge +1 to making any additional artwork that the Skin Helper Service makes available (and not just animated posters) available via .Art() properties by adding them to the Kodi DB. Whilst your solution for making them available in listitems is undoubtedly a triumph from a coding perspective, with my igConq mod it goes against what I understand to be the original principals of the skin to start building in specific support for artwork that is only available in specific circumstances (not to mention the limitations of it only being available for the currently selected item), whereas it fits perfectly to use any .Art() (even if that is an extension of the traditional artwork that is available via Kodi + Artwork Downloader) that is available. Thanks so much for your consideration of this, and if I can help in any way please do let me know.
Think Bob summed it up perfectly Marcel.

If you can create .ART() for all images in SHS then that would be simply amazing.

Also, meowmoo asked about the possibility of using local artwork with regards to Music, for say artist logo and CDart?. Those of us few that use Kodi for Music have added all these images to the folders etc. etc. and use the hacks to get to them, but if possibly could you check for local and use that and then for fallback use the internet which I believe is what you do now? and of course like Bob said possibly make them as .ART() properties as well?

Thanks for considering either of the above and for the time you'll spend on them, much appreciated Marcel.
(2016-03-18, 00:56)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]Should now be fixed on Git. While solving the lockdown issue I removed a little too much of code.
It's all OK now and running smooth
Noop, same as beffore....Only difference is that When I press refresh item (auto lookup),that items stay for next chanel (clear.property not working)

With this ListItemMonitor.py everything is ok..... find what is diference in that filenow and from adrress)
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/marcel...Monitor.py
@Marcel,

Also just want to thank you for everything you've done so far with the animated posters / fanart. With your changes and help from Angelinas I've now done V1 of animated posters / fanart for my skin.

Very much appreciated and thank you.
(2016-03-04, 15:25)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-04, 14:56)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]I am having an issue that was not there before this update. I am able to see all the rotten tomatoes scores and metacritic scores when I am in a view. Once I select a movie and go into dialogvideoinfo all the data dissapears.

Thanks for the catch, should now be fixed. Can you test with latest git ?

This issue is back with version 1.0.66
Hi Marcel,

I have a query on the recent animated posters / backgrounds calls. It seems some movies have multiple entries for either poster or background so i was wondering if it is in anyway possible to show a select dialog of all the posters / backgrounds so the user can choose which to download to animatedgifs and then the calls use the cached image?
Hi Marcel, I have a small functional change request regarding the color picker :

Actually, the color window property is set at color "onfocus" and navigation forwarded to "save" button at "onclick".
Works pretty well using keyboard, however it doesn't using mouse.

If you highlight a color in the panel and want to change the opacity, you need to fly over other colors to reach the slider control and the Color's window prop value changes. So you never manage to get the wanted color if it's not one from the edge of the panel. An easy fix could be to set the property at onclick like the button forwarding. Highlighted value can still be shown using Container.ListItem.Label.

Mind to have a look at this ?
Thx.
(2016-03-21, 09:44)Jayz2K Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Marcel, I have a small functional change request regarding the color picker :

Actually, the color window property is set at color "onfocus" and navigation forwarded to "save" button at "onclick".
Works pretty well using keyboard, however it doesn't using mouse.

If you highlight a color in the panel and want to change the opacity, you need to fly over other colors to reach the slider control and the Color's window prop value changes. So you never manage to get the wanted color if it's not one from the edge of the panel. An easy fix could be to set the property at onclick like the button forwarding. Highlighted value can still be shown using Container.ListItem.Label.

Mind to have a look at this ?
Thx.

+1 for this. I experience this issue since day one, but I didn't thought about Jay's solution.

and another though I have about the picker:
when user choose custom color, with ARGB values that are not comes with the skin, the script creates this color file in the extras\color, so far so good.
but what happens when the skin is getting updates? all the files in the extras folder are overwritten with the original one.
so after updates, the skin will have missing color files, am I right?
actually - It kind of rare that user create their own colors, because the palette are pretty big, but just in case..
Hi Marcel

Any chance getting
Code:
$INFO[Window(0).Property(Music.SongsCount)]
working inside lists please.

Thanks
(2016-03-17, 20:38)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
feature request:
same like "Toggle Kodi Settings"
but for strings and not for booleans. (ie: locale.language - resource.language.en_gb)

Wink

Added to my TODO list for next week ;-)

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk.../issues/43
(2016-03-18, 14:03)Mike_Doc Wrote: [ -> ]If you can create .ART() for all images in SHS then that would be simply amazing.

Well, it's not going to be that easy... For video items it's no issue as I can use the json api to write the additional artwork to the kodi db.
For music items it's going to be complicated because the json api doesn't have support to write artwork to the kodi db. We will have to request that to the Kodi devs as I'm not capable of submitting a PR to add this to the Kodi code (maybe someone with C++ experience reading this and likes to jump in?)

(2016-03-18, 14:03)Mike_Doc Wrote: [ -> ]Also, meowmoo asked about the possibility of using local artwork with regards to Music, for say artist logo and CDart?. Those of us few that use Kodi for Music have added all these images to the folders etc. etc. and use the hacks to get to them, but if possibly could you check for local and use that and then for fallback use the internet which I believe is what you do now? and of course like Bob said possibly make them as .ART() properties as well?

The logic is already like that. The script prefers local artwork found in the media folders. It expects a traditional folder structure:

PHP Code:
----your music folder
------ ARTIST
----------------- fanart.jpg
----------------- logo.png
------------------ banner.jpg
------------------ extafanart
------------------ ALBUM
------------------------------ disc.png

etc

Maybe some users have their artwork scraped into a different folder? In that case I can add an additional setting to look for the artwork in that custom folder.
(2016-03-18, 18:33)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]Noop, same as beffore....Only difference is that When I press refresh item (auto lookup),that items stay for next chanel (clear.property not working)

Can you grab the latest version from Git ? Should now all be fixed. Finally found the real underlying issue for the problems.