Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin helper service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-04-13, 00:24)AEOne Wrote: [ -> ]Btw. is it correct that there are no more xml-files in the musicartcache-folder? Shocked Wink
There is now a new version 1.0.79 on the beta repo which should finally fix the artwork for various artists albums.
cache to xml is also fixed ;-)
Hi Marcel,

I have a quick question about the constant feature and default values.
In the wiki :

Quote:On your defined you may use the additional attribute constantdefault="MyVisibilityCondition" to set your default value at skin install/update

Where the constantdefault attribute needs to be ? In the runscript command or skinsettings.xml ?
Also, "MyVisibilityCondition" is a conditional setting meaning the stored value can be different depending scenarios ?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers.
Hi Marcel,

When I see my log, I have error english language file for one string

ERROR: POParser: warning, unhandled escape character. Problematic entry:
msgctxt "#32090"
msgid "Are you sure you want to reset the permanent cache ? \nWarning: This will delete all contents of the folder "

Thanks,
(2016-04-13, 11:28)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]There is now a new version 1.0.79 on the beta repo which should finally fix the artwork for various artists albums.
cache to xml is also fixed ;-)
The v1.0.79 came via the Emby Beta Repo.
The Cache to xml is fixed. Smile
Sadly the th artwork for Various Artists is not fixed. Undecided (discart in album overview YES, in the title list view and during playback NO). I tested again with the "Keltica 2" album...
Hi Marcel,

another small request here, can we get

Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Music.Thumb) or Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Music.Artist), guess thumb would be the better
and Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Player.Music.Thumb/Artist)

to show the Artist thumbnail picture, this would be folder.jpg in the MusicArt Folder

Cdart/
........Artist/
................folder.jpg

so I can get rid of $INFO[Skin.String(ArtistsLogosPath)]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist,,/folder.jpg] and the user only need to point Skinhelper, and not skin + skinhelper to his Music Artwork Folder

Thanks
(2016-04-13, 17:39)meowmoo Wrote: [ -> ]Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Music.Thumb) or Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Music.Artist), guess thumb would be the better

Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Music.Thumb)

and

Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Player.Music.Thumb)

already exist, I have to update the readme ;-)
(2016-04-13, 17:36)AEOne Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly the th artwork for Various Artists is not fixed. Undecided (discart in album overview YES, in the title list view and during playback NO). I tested again with the "Keltica 2" album...

Can you share the logfile once again after playing something from that "keltica 2" album ?

Also, please tell me in which directory on your disk the cdart.png is located... It should be situated next to the songs
The folder structure is:
Musik
........1. Album
.....................Variois Artitsts
..........................................Keltica 2

The MP3s and of course the disc.png or cdart.png are in the folder 'Keltica 2'.

The logfile is updated, you can use again the following link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5293279/kodi.log .
(2016-04-13, 19:31)AEOne Wrote: [ -> ]The logfile is updated, you can use again the following link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5293279/kodi.log .

OK, the problem is indeed the translation of "various artists" by Kodi internally.
While browsing the library the artist is reported as "verschiende interpreten" but while playback it's reported as "various artists"
Anyway, I think I found a fix but I can't test it because I do not have this problem on my setup, so again I want to ask you to test:

1. download latest version: http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/addons...1.0.80.zip

2. install latest version by zip

3. close down kodi and remove all the xml files in the musicart cache folder (addon>data\script.skin.helper.service)

4. start kodi and test again
(2016-04-13, 19:15)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-13, 17:39)meowmoo Wrote: [ -> ]Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Music.Thumb) or Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Music.Artist), guess thumb would be the better

Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Music.Thumb)

and

Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Player.Music.Thumb)

already exist, I have to update the readme ;-)

Ok, nice, thanks for the info
(2016-04-13, 19:50)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]1. download latest version: http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/addons...1.0.80.zip
The beta repo sent me v1.0.81. Wink
And I can announce success. Nod
Now discart is present in all views and during playback with the artist "Various Artists"/"Verschiedene Interpreten".
(2016-04-13, 23:16)AEOne Wrote: [ -> ]The beta repo sent me v1.0.81. Wink
And I can announce success. Nod
Now discart is present in all views and during playback with the artist "Various Artists"/"Verschiedene Interpreten".

Big Grin Great! Thanks for your help debugging the issue!
(2016-04-13, 23:54)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]Big Grin Great! Thanks for your help debugging the issue!
No problem - everyone will benefit.
Just start to include new button and Special Info Dialog for widget and see error, then open your github and see that is your changes just for that...you are mind reader...
Download,install and now open dialog is working for widget..not further because have some error..hope in next days you can explain how to create that dialog.

Some dependance see as Non-Existent Control 998 ,list 999,panel 997,...but I wait till you explain how this will skiner include in skin.(copied from your dialog and error was gone)

How be comand for widget ?
RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=showinfo,movieid=&$INFO[Container(510).ListItem.DBID])
or we can use $INFO[Container(510).MOVIENAME OR DBID]
Is this dialog will be aveilable for movieSet ?...This missing me in Kodi
Are this changes will be included for Youtube search (didnt try,just asking ) Smile

(2016-04-13, 16:18)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]When I see my log, I have error english language file for one string

Thanks for reporting, will fix it right away