Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin helper service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
try reading the readme, tells you everything.
Marcel, I'll tested on fly...
I didnt change yesterday changes, and have isue(maybe you fixed).Can you check this:
-contex menu dont apear(pvr,music,movies) -----------------------------------OK this working
-chose Art button (dont excist,for manuall pvr,animated poster&fanart)---------------------------------------------------------OK this working
-Art listitem.ArtistThumb dont working(see that you have in Titan skin)
-Art for music dont change on visible changes in music viss(always is same)
-Background images dont working,....random,inprogres...Load images but dont change afther time from skinsettings [Skin.SetString(SkinHelper.RandomFanartDelay,10)]
-Art for movieset dont working, only work regular art.Art with number doesent provide images.(was movieset(1).poster....now should be listitem(1).art.poster)
-skinsettings just open empty dialog(some error 7 condition..need just 1)
Problem is ID=
Code:
id="$INFO[Container(9000).ListItem.Property(name)].widgets

When I set just a word,then working
-problem with cast widget,on click on actor open empty dialog(link with extended script doesent work,or is problem with dialog like for cast widget)
-setings for addon in kodi are unvisible and can change----------OK Now hepler.Info doesent have settings in Addon
-ListItem.Country dosent work for set. (usa/uk/italy)
-pvr seach frase dont have good condition...strange resultats have for movies name(first looking resultats for tvshow) (tmbd before IMDB), when i chose manual lookup working but need to hit back from dialog select and chose some label from list, afther have error
Code:
17:04:38.572 T:3896   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: name 'dialogin' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Bane\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\context_pvr.py", line 27, in <module>
                                                del dialogin
                                            NameError: name 'dialogin' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
-Cast for movieset doesent back any info ------------OK working afther changes https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...f2785cb8ae
That is for now..see is this working for you.
After todays update, the TV Channels PVR widget no longer works.
Does not display anything.
Is there a way to download the wiki offline as I don't always have net while I am skinning? Thanks for all your great work can't wait to try it out.
check the readme.md in the addons folder, just use notepadd++ or something to open it.
(2016-11-22, 11:37)Mike_Doc Wrote: [ -> ]check the readme.md in the addons folder, just use notepadd++ or something to open it.

This ReadMe.md just tells me to go to the online wiki.

Are you talking about the latest?
SkinHelper.ListItem.Rating.MC is working fine, but everytime I run Kodi it takes a lot of time for the ratings to appear. SkinHelper.MetaCritic.Rating used to work faster. Sad
@Angelinas,

Krypton have now native support to actors thumbs, was fixed by Phil65, don´t need more use script. Script continue necessary to directors thumbs.
(2016-11-22, 11:54)Rjsachse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-22, 11:37)Mike_Doc Wrote: [ -> ]check the readme.md in the addons folder, just use notepadd++ or something to open it.

This ReadMe.md just tells me to go to the online wiki.

Are you talking about the latest?

You can clone the wiki the same way as you clone the source... So you can have an offline copy. Just remember to sync latest version every now and than
(2016-11-22, 12:41)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]@Angelinas,

Krypton have now native support to actors thumbs, was fixed by Phil65, don´t need more use script. Script continue necessary to directors thumbs.
Nativ support for library items, not for extended info, i need this for pvr and non library content.
Helper script provide get cast for movies,tvshow,episodes and movieset(now is broken).When i have images for actor with cllick I was open dialog select(now is broken),choosse which actor I want and open new dialog from extended script.This was working before ,now just open dialogselect with title and all other line are empty.
Somthing wrong with opening dialogselect.
(2016-11-18, 03:15)wyrm Wrote: [ -> ]That's cool, I don't suppose one of those new features would be to easily extract a file name from a skin string that contains a file path. I'm trying to auto fill names for home screen items by pulling the file name from the path to the list item, but your string split function does not seem usable for this.

Basically looking to remove the file extension from the last level of a file path and use that as a default name for a home item.

I can extend the split string method with a splitright ?
That will split the string on your desired character but will return the last result (most right)
(2016-11-21, 21:34)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: [ -> ]Shouldnt this work?

PHP Code:
<control type="multiimage">
            <include>
FullscreenDimensions</include>
            <
imagepath background="true">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.AllMoviesBackground)]</imagepath>
</
control

did try to set the random Fanart delay by onload and manualy with "Set.Numeric" got always a black BG (No Images).

(K17 B5)

Yes that should work, are you using repo version of the script on the newer script.skin.helper.backgrounds addon ?
I get skin helper background error can you please help it happened after the update yesterday
(2016-11-22, 02:01)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Update: I see my main and sub menus are in the backup zip file, they just don't get applied when restoring the zip. Will set my preferred menus as skin defaults so they are easier to reset when needed.

Sounds like a bug. Might have something to do with the "do not share menus" option. Bob fixed that code in the old skinhelper backup and I coded it back blind.
Can you send me your skin backup file so I can take a look ?
(2016-11-22, 02:57)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Is this how you call the new properties? Because I'm not having any luck, all the ones I've tried have been empty.

Currently there's a bug in the code so at startup it takes a while before any properties are generated, I'm fixing that now.

(2016-11-22, 02:57)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Installed your beta repo and updated script.skin.helper.service and installed the new scripts. I couldn't find the Backgrounds one in the repo though, installed it manually.

SkinHelper backgrounds is a hidden addon (skinners only), just like the Skin Helper service itself. You'll have to install it with InstallAddon() in your skin or by setting it as required dependency.
What I did in Titan was simply add some buttons for users to install the optional addons like SkinHelper addons, that prevents me from having it all as dependency when there might be users that don't want all that extra bling.