Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin helper service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-11-26, 08:32)echo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Marcel, I am using the new widgets content provider, specifically Recent Media.
I have it setup as per the wiki, with the reload parameter. However it still shows the played media ... it only disappears after a while. Is it possible to set it so that media disappears as soon as a video is watched?

That should happen instantly. Can you have a quick peek in your kodi logfile if you see any errors listed there ?
(2016-11-24, 02:35)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-23, 17:55)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]Can you fixed that id can be string from skinsetings, like before ,....that is what I need

Will be fixed in next update later today
Just to remind you, this dont working....No ID when Starts with String "$" in list for Skinsettings

Code:
if settingId.startswith("$"): settingId = xbmc.getInfoLabel(settingId).decode("utf-8")

This code not working in skin (no "ID",and "onselect" also not working)
Code:
<setting id="$INFO[ListItem.Property(widgets)].widgets" value="movie.random" label="Random" condition="" icon="special://skin/extras/widgetthumbs/1.jpg" description="Reacent Movie widget provided by service.library.data.provider.">
        <onselect condition="">Skin.SetString($INFO[Container(9000).ListItem.Property(name)].target,video1)</onselect>
This code working
Code:
<setting id="menu1.widgets" value="movie.recent" label="Recent" condition="" icon="special://skin/extras/widgetthumbs/1.jpg" description="Reacent Movie widget provided by service.library.data.provider.">
        <onselect condition="">Skin.SetString(menu1.target,video1)</onselect>
(2016-11-26, 09:35)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-26, 03:58)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]I use $INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Music.ClearLogo)] and not working for me since last update.

But $INFO[SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.Clearlogo] return nothing. and how to use it on music visualisation ? $INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.Clearlogo)] ?

See the wiki:

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...usic-items

On all normal windows, use:

$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.Clearlogo)]

for music visualisation, grab the player properties:

$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Player.Art.Clearlogo)]

Now working thanks.

But I have another problem with extrafanarts for TV Shows.

I have 'extrafanart' folder in all my TV Shows folders but not working. I use $INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.ExtraFanArt)]

It's working with for music ('extrafanart' folder in my artists folders).
Nice work on the updated service. So far so good. Just wanted to suggest removing the smart(ish) widgets from the default widgets list - the script isn't maintained any more (at least in a public version - and won't be unless anyone can put me on to a machine-learning-open-source expert), and - as a general rule - isn't actually supported by skins anyway. I know it's only a minor amount of code, but it's still a little less for you to maintain Smile
(2016-11-26, 23:39)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]Nice work on the updated service. So far so good. Just wanted to suggest removing the smart(ish) widgets from the default widgets list - the script isn't maintained any more (at least in a public version - and won't be unless anyone can put me on to a machine-learning-open-source expert), and - as a general rule - isn't actually supported by skins anyway. I know it's only a minor amount of code, but it's still a little less for you to maintain Smile

I've been trying to figure out why the label in the focused item shown below is empty. Is it related to smart(ish) widgets? If so, I wouldn't mind seeing that code gone too. Wink

It shouldn't be related - I haven't reviewed the updated code from Skin Helper as yet, but in previous versions they only showed when the relevant script was installed (which your users shouldn't have), when the skin had also enabled them (which your skin doesn't) and only in the Default Widgets listing (which that doesn't look like). But marcelveldt will know more Smile

Edit: Looking further into this, that looks suspiciously like Skin Helper's 'Default Widget's entry isn't showing a label. Whilst it's working correctly for me and - as I've said, I've not looked at the updated code as yet - it's not impossible the Skin-Shortcuts-Default-Widgets-label needs updating for the new Skin Helper service or (for preference, if this is correct) the id for the 'Default widgets' label could do with changing back to what it is in the current repo version - Skin Helper label 32063 - otherwise the label of the Default Widgets in Skin Shortcuts needs updating.

Edit 2: After a restart, I too lost that label and after a quick look at the script, the relevant label has been removed. @marcelveldt - how do you want to handle this? I have an open PR for Skin Shortcuts and could probably sneak in an extra string if it's not merged within 24 hours (which will be the maximum it will take me to get to it); do you want to re-add 32063; do you want to add a new label and update Skin Shortcuts default label (bearing in mind the next update of both scripts will be reliant on each other)?

Final edit: The Skin Shortcuts script also uses Skin Helper 32062 (Smart Shortcuts) for its default shortcuts which has also been removed, and so will need sorting in the same way as 32063 Smile
(2016-11-26, 11:04)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]there are some errors in the log about skinhelper webservice:

It is still not working, even I enabled "music artwork lookup".

Is there a way to get album covers for e.g. online stream songs?

1) The errors will be suppressed in next update

2) I fixed a bunch of errors in the musicartwork today, I will put a new beta version on my repo within 15 mins, please test with that.

3) Note that you only have to use the webservice in case you need to display the images within an itemlayout for a container. For all other usecases, you can simply use the Window Properties. These are also available for the player, so yes you can use them for online radio streams.

have a look at the new wiki, it's all there: https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...rvice/wiki
(2016-11-26, 10:20)JohnyBee Wrote: [ -> ]Album level. Smile

OK, just added and fixed a bunch of other issues too.
Have a look at the wiki for the correct propertynames. Update will be available within 15 minutes.
(2016-11-26, 12:28)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]Just to remind you, this dont working....No ID when Starts with String "$" in list for Skinsettings

Please test again with next update, available within 15 mins
(2016-11-26, 16:02)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]But I have another problem with extrafanarts for TV Shows.

I have 'extrafanart' folder in all my TV Shows folders but not working. I use $INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.ExtraFanArt)]

Should be working. Did you enable extrafanart ?
Skin.SetBool(SkinHelper.EnableExtraFanart)

wiki: https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...xtrafanart
(2016-11-26, 23:39)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]Nice work on the updated service. So far so good. Just wanted to suggest removing the smart(ish) widgets from the default widgets list - the script isn't maintained any more (at least in a public version - and won't be unless anyone can put me on to a machine-learning-open-source expert), and - as a general rule - isn't actually supported by skins anyway. I know it's only a minor amount of code, but it's still a little less for you to maintain Smile

Thanks for the headsup, I've just removed the code for smartish widgets. Indeed, a little less code to maintain ;-)
(2016-11-27, 04:58)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-26, 16:02)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]But I have another problem with extrafanarts for TV Shows.

Should be working. Did you enable extrafanart ?
Skin.SetBool(SkinHelper.EnableExtraFanart)

wiki: https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...xtrafanart

Yes with <onload>Skin.SetBool(SkinHelper.EnableExtraFanart)</onload> in Home.xml

Extrafanarts for music are working.
(2016-11-26, 23:43)braz Wrote: [ -> ]I've been trying to figure out why the label in the focused item shown below is empty. Is it related to smart(ish) widgets? If so, I wouldn't mind seeing that code gone too. Wink

In your overrides.xml for skinshortcuts you probably use $ADDON as the label for the default widgets entry.
Better to use your own label there (defined in skin) because the labels from the addon have moved around a lot.

Later on it might be a good idea to define the label in skinshortcuts itself.
(2016-11-26, 11:17)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-26, 08:32)echo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Marcel, I am using the new widgets content provider, specifically Recent Media.
I have it setup as per the wiki, with the reload parameter. However it still shows the played media ... it only disappears after a while. Is it possible to set it so that media disappears as soon as a video is watched?

That should happen instantly. Can you have a quick peek in your kodi logfile if you see any errors listed there ?
No errors in log file.. Also, when closing and restarting Kodi, a watched movie/episode is still there in the widget ... only after a few minutes does the whole widget refresh and then the watched media is gone. It is as if the widget has it's own cache which refreshes every so often, instead of always reading directly from the Kodi library?

----------------------------------
Edit: ok found the problem: I used the <content> string for Recent Media directly as you have in the new wiki...and there you are using reload with widgetreload2 ... removing the "2" reloads the widgets immediately Smile
Its now working brilliantly.

One request: is it possible to have a parameter to tell the widget to only display 1 episode if multiple exist for the same TV show?
Usecase: adding new TV show with multiple episodes, completely fills out the widget with that TV show... It would look nicer if only one entry was there, for example just the first unwatched..
(2016-11-27, 04:54)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]Please test again with next update, available within 15 mins
Not fixed, same resultats...