Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin helper service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-11-28, 22:09)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-28, 20:41)wheatfield Wrote: [ -> ]ListItem.Premiered is working as expected now, and I have no more errors for that in the log. This was just normal library content. Thanks for the help.

I'm still trying to figure out music; I only have the Window properties in use for now while troubleshooting, so I'm not sure why I'm getting these results. No matter what setting I use, it uses the local thumb if present, even if I've unchecked "Lookup artwork in my music folders". When I go to the manual lookup, it'll show the online image as the current thumb. I've deleted my cache, music db, textures db, and thumbnails.

Sorry to pile on here, but I've noticed that the album plot has the artist plot appended to the end of it. Is this expected?

1) Make sure that you use the Window Property provided by skinhelper for your thumb because the kodi default ListItem.Thumb will not change. Do you understand ? You're now referring to the normal $INFO[Listitem.Thumb infolabel while you should use $INFO[Window(Home).property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.Thumb)]]

2) Oops, that is actually a mistake. That should only happen for the player. I will fix it.

1) This is what I'm using:
<texture background="true">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.Thumb)]</texture>

EDIT:
I would think that if Skinhelper doesn't find an online image, it would show nothing, since I don't have a local image fallback. If there is an existing thumb in the local folder, it uses that, and won't overwrite it with any online art it finds. Yet it shows the online art as the current thumb in the dialog.

Am I completely wrong about this function? I think I can use a workaround in the meantiime, but I just wanted to be sure that this was the expected behavior. The older version would always overwrite the local image if preferred.

2) Thanks
Newest update results

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: cannot import name get_clean_image
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "K:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.skin.helper.service\service.py", line 10, in <module>
from resources.lib.main_service import MainService
File "K:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\main_service.py", line 13, in <module>
from listitem_monitor import ListItemMonitor
File "K:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\listitem_monitor.py", line 12, in <module>
from utils import log_msg, log_exception, get_current_content_type, kodi_json, prepare_win_props, get_clean_image
ImportError: cannot import name get_clean_image
-->End of Python script error report<--
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.ExtraFanArtPath)] not working for me when my item is collection.

Skin.ToggleSetting(SkinHelper.EnableExtraFanart) is enable.
I have an error when startup since last git update and my extrafanarts and logo for music doesn't work anymore (SetProperty(SkinHelper.WidgetContainer,$PARAM[list_id])) :

Code:
03:55:04.368 T:123145365946368   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "/Users/Cyril/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/service.py", line 10, in <module>
                                              File "/Users/Cyril/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/main_service.py", line 13, in <module>
                                              File "/Users/Cyril/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/listitem_monitor.py", line 12, in <module>
                                                from utils import log_msg, log_exception, get_current_content_type, kodi_json, prepare_win_props, get_clean_image
03:55:04.372 T:140736845419456   DEBUG: Alloc resources: 228.88ms  (139.36 ms skin load)
03:55:04.373 T:123145369702400   DEBUG: RunQuery took 7 ms for 17 items query: select * from movie_view  WHERE (movie_view.idFile  IN (SELECT DISTINCT idFile FROM bookmark WHERE type = 1))
03:55:04.374 T:123145370238976   DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false

EDIT : Extrafanarts not working anymore too.
(2016-11-29, 05:03)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]I have an error when startup since last git update and my extrafanarts and logo for music doesn't work anymore (SetProperty(SkinHelper.WidgetContainer,$PARAM[list_id])) :

Code:
03:55:04.368 T:123145365946368   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "/Users/Cyril/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/service.py", line 10, in <module>
                                              File "/Users/Cyril/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/main_service.py", line 13, in <module>
                                              File "/Users/Cyril/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/listitem_monitor.py", line 12, in <module>
03:55:04.372 T:140736845419456   DEBUG: Alloc resources: 228.88ms  (139.36 ms skin load)
03:55:04.373 T:123145369702400   DEBUG: RunQuery took 7 ms for 17 items query: select * from movie_view  WHERE (movie_view.idFile  IN (SELECT DISTINCT idFile FROM bookmark WHERE type = 1))
03:55:04.374 T:123145370238976   DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false

EDIT : Extrafanarts not working anymore too.

I am getting the same error.
New beta available on the repo now for the import error fix
(2016-11-29, 03:12)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.ExtraFanArtPath)] not working for me when my item is collection.

Skin.ToggleSetting(SkinHelper.EnableExtraFanart) is enable.

Typo in the wiki, use SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.Extrafanart instead...
Other issues are related to the import error and now fixed in new version
Hi Marcel Sad
PHP Code:
Skin Helper Service --> Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/kodi_monitor.py"line 68in onNotification
            self
.monitor_radiostream()

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/kodi_monitor.py"line 276in monitor_radiostream
            self
.set_music_properties()

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/kodi_monitor.py"line 246in set_music_properties
            result 
self.artutils.get_music_artwork(li_artistli_albumli_titleli_discappendplot=True)

TypeErrorget_music_artwork() got an unexpected keyword argument 'appendplot'
Skin Helper Service --> Exception in resources.lib.kodi_monitor ! --> get_music_artwork() got an unexpected keyword argument 'appendplot' 
Hi Marcel,

Firstly, thanks for updating helper and adding in new things, much appreciated.

I'm now looking at updating to the new version and have a quick question. I've enabled Skin.SetBool(SkinHelper.EnableMusicArt) as the wiki states but getting nothing in SkinHelper.ListItem.Tracks.Formatted?

I've tired both in and out of lists, and already had a view using this correctly but it's not displaying anything?

I believe I've got all required dependencies installed but I could be missing something from the new versions of everything? So is this working or not? or am I still missing something?

Thanks,

Mike.
(2016-11-29, 10:16)JohnyBee Wrote: [ -> ]Skin Helper Service --> Exception in resources.lib.kodi_monitor ! --> get_music_artwork() got an unexpected keyword argument 'appendplot'

Crappy late night errors ;-)
New version coming asap
I have another error besides the "appendplot"-error:
Code:
14:21:13.144 T:139778829838080   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting Bon Jovi: Bed of ros/extrafanart
14:26:45.573 T:139778829838080   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting Major Lazer: Cold Wat/extrafanart
14:37:01.780 T:139778829838080   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting Felix Jaehn featuring Alma: Bonfi/extrafanart
Why are the last 2 characters of the Title removed? -> "Bed of roses", "Cold Water" and "Bonfire"

and a FR for streams: can you please add a colon for the artist/title separator?
Code:
WARNING: Skin Helper Service --> Traceback (most recent call last):
                  File "/storage/usbotg/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/kodi_monitor.py", line 61, in onNotification
                    self.process_db_update(mediatype, "")
                TypeError: process_db_update() takes exactly 4 arguments (3 given)
  ERROR: Skin Helper Service --> Exception in resources.lib.kodi_monitor ! --> process_db_update() takes exactly 4 arguments (3 given)
Hi Marcel Confused
PHP Code:
WARNINGSkin Helper Service --> Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/kodi_monitor.py"line 61in onNotification
                     self
.process_db_update(mediatype"")

TypeErrorprocess_db_update() takes exactly 4 arguments (3 given)

ERRORSkin Helper Service --> Exception in resources.lib.kodi_monitor ! --> process_db_update() takes exactly 4 arguments (3 given
(2016-11-28, 22:18)wheatfield Wrote: [ -> ]This is what I'm using:
<texture background="true">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.Thumb)]</texture>

EDIT:
I would think that if Skinhelper doesn't find an online image, it would show nothing, since I don't have a local image fallback. If there is an existing thumb in the local folder, it uses that, and won't overwrite it with any online art it finds. Yet it shows the online art as the current thumb in the dialog.

Am I completely wrong about this function? I think I can use a workaround in the meantiime, but I just wanted to be sure that this was the expected behavior. The older version would always overwrite the local image if preferred.

If an exiting thumb esists in the Kodi database, that entry is always prefered. If you enable to grab artwork from local folders (in the addon settings) it will use that data. Only if there are no images locally and if it's enabled it will use the scraper to get the images.
You can check whatever it collected if you press the contextmenu. Also note that I fixed a bug yesterday where the local image was never getting overwritten by the selected image. And another note is that the Kodi image system can sometimes confuse you if the same filename is replaced by another image.

It maybe sounds crazy but using the online sources (not saving locally) works best. The image is in that case also cached locally so it really doesn't matter.
(2016-11-29, 15:38)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]I have another error besides the "appendplot"-error:
Code:
14:21:13.144 T:139778829838080   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting Bon Jovi: Bed of ros/extrafanart
14:26:45.573 T:139778829838080   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting Major Lazer: Cold Wat/extrafanart
14:37:01.780 T:139778829838080   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting Felix Jaehn featuring Alma: Bonfi/extrafanart
Why are the last 2 characters of the Title removed? -> "Bed of roses", "Cold Water" and "Bonfire"

I do'n't think that's caused by skinhelper... Please check (in a label) what the text of SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.extrafanart is set to
Maybe you have some old skincode which tries to locate the path on disk ?

(2016-11-29, 15:38)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]and a FR for streams: can you please add a colon for the artist/title separator?
Done, available in next update