Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin helper service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-12-09, 01:18)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-07, 09:50)JohnyBee Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Marcel,
SKINHELEP does not work for the artist AC/DC.
Artist AC/DC is in the folder ACDC

Oh yes, forgot to fix that. It breaks because it has a / in the name which is also Kodi's default seperator for multiple artists.
Will be fixed in next update but now there a hardcoded list in the code of bandnames with a / in the name. If anyone has suggestions, please tell me.
Currently I only have AC/DC in the list but there might be some more to be added in the future.
How about a "advancedsettings.xml" for skinhelper. So everyone can add own settings/artists/bandnames.
Please no GUI setting for this. It is easier to edit it manually via texteditor
Maybe you forgot to scrap off the "Rated" word from mpaa in the new update, marcel
(2016-12-09, 08:36)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-09, 01:18)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-07, 09:50)JohnyBee Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Marcel,
SKINHELEP does not work for the artist AC/DC.
Artist AC/DC is in the folder ACDC

Oh yes, forgot to fix that. It breaks because it has a / in the name which is also Kodi's default seperator for multiple artists.
Will be fixed in next update but now there a hardcoded list in the code of bandnames with a / in the name. If anyone has suggestions, please tell me.
Currently I only have AC/DC in the list but there might be some more to be added in the future.
How about a "advancedsettings.xml" for skinhelper. So everyone can add own settings/artists/bandnames.
Hi Solo0815,
How can I set it in the file advancedsettings.xml?
Hi Marcel, Smile
Code:
DEBUG: Skin Helper Simplecache --> Initialized
   DEBUG: Skin Helper Service --> plugin called with parameters: {u'action': u'extrafanart', u'fanarts': u"[u'http://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/music/18f9ced1-cab5-4852-b885-e7e98e7c5df1/artistbackground/alle-farben-530bb437c185c.jpeg', u'http://media.theaudiodb.com/images/media/artist/fanart/alle-farben-530bb437c185c.jpeg']logo/"}
WARNING: Skin Helper Service --> Traceback (most recent call last):
                    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/plugin_content.py", line 59, in main
                      getattr(self, action)()
                    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/plugin_content.py", line 149, in extrafanart
                      fanarts = eval(self.params["fanarts"])
                    File "<string>", line 1
                      [u'http://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/music/18f9ced1-cab5-4852-b885-e7e98e7c5df1/artistbackground/alle-farben-530bb437c185c.jpeg', u'http://media.theaudiodb.com/images/media/artist/fanart/alle-farben-530bb437c185c.jpeg']logo/
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 ^
                  SyntaxError: invalid syntax
   ERROR: Skin Helper Service --> Exception in resources.lib.plugin_content ! --> invalid syntax (<string>, line 1)
   DEBUG: Skin Helper Simplecache --> Closed
(2016-12-09, 01:34)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-08, 00:31)Saed Wrote: [ -> ]I think there is a problem in skin helper service, when I do a manual search, it generates an error. And then the kodi remains useless. I have to restart it.
I'm using kodi 16.1 on windows 10 64bits, with skin titan 3.6.99 and skin helper 1.0.133

Looks like Tvdb was not available at the time you did that lookup.
I've now added some error handling for to prevent a crash but it shouldn't happen that often. If you try again, will it work ?

Good Marcel,

It is true happens very rarely, in fact almost none.

If you are knowledgeable, for me there is no big problem
(2016-12-09, 01:23)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-07, 22:25)avoova Wrote: [ -> ]marcelveld: Have you tried to find the problem why is there a lot of queries? the unwantet rows starts from:

07:02:29.251 T:11448 DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::RunQuery took 1218 ms for 1 items query: select * from movie_view WHERE movie_view.idSet = 1

Yes, this issue has been fixed some time ago but you're still on the old version currently.
The version on Kodi repo will be updated within a few weeks.

Thanks for respond!
Code:
SkinHelper.ListItem.Airday
and rest of Airday info are always "Monday"

(2016-12-09, 04:09)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]I have a strange issue since last build with music widgets. When I press info on item (on home menu), I have info (plot and clearlogo) appear few seconds and disappear.
No problem with video widgets.

I can't reproduce this one. Sure you didn't change something in your skin at the same time ?
(2016-12-09, 08:36)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]How about a "advancedsettings.xml" for skinhelper. So everyone can add own settings/artists/bandnames.

I think we're only talking about a very few artists to which this applies so I prefer not to add some more hacks to read a xml file and just add those artists to the static list in the code. Like I said, I have now added the most obvious one, AC/DC and please report more if you have more examples.
(2016-12-09, 08:49)VikkiXavier Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you forgot to scrap off the "Rated" word from mpaa in the new update, marcel

No, but you might have some data in the cache. Delete the cachefile and try again.
Also note that it won't change the ratings that are already in your Kodi library
(2016-12-09, 14:14)JohnyBee Wrote: [ -> ]How can I set it in the file advancedsettings.xml?

You can't. It was a request.
(2016-12-09, 14:18)JohnyBee Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Marcel, Smile
Code:
ERROR: Skin Helper Service --> Exception in resources.lib.plugin_content ! --> invalid syntax (<string>, line 1)

What did you set as path in the multiimage ?
Somehow it appends "logo/" to the result, did you do that ?

You should use this for rotating clearlogos:

<imagepath>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.ClearLogos)]</imagepath>
(2016-12-09, 19:52)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
SkinHelper.ListItem.Airday
and rest of Airday info are always "Monday"

Big Grin Good catch. Fix will be available later today (requires cache flush)
Have you had any chance working on the themes request? Also could you add "size" to the save skin settings for creating themes
(2016-12-09, 01:15)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]I can fix it so it will work again at group level but it's never ever going to work at the episode level with your PVR as there is no tvshow title in the episodes.
If you want artwork at the episode level you'll have to figure out how to add the tvshow title in the naming.

I can get art at group level now. Thanks! I'll be content with this until I find another PVR backend.