Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin helper service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-12-12, 22:19)smitchell6879 Wrote: [ -> ]Can annoying verify if this is working with kodi v18?

NO, Kodi 18 is NOT supported, at least not untill Kodi 17 hits stable.
(2016-12-12, 23:52)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]@Marcel, look image first item donĀ“t have dot in front album name, only in the first item

SkinHelper.ListItem.Albums.Formatted

Got it, thanks. Fixed in next update
(2016-12-16, 23:40)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-11, 12:22)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]script.module.skin.helper.artutils is in bed code.Not working well.

I delete simplecache.db and after that I have problem.
No Logo,no Banners for library items,when I have "feat." in artist content he use Artist after word "Feat."
I roll back to version="1.0.18" there working correct.

It will use all artists for lookups, that includes featuring artists.
What do you mean exactly with this as I have no clue of your issue.

Tell me EXACTLY what you're trying to do and what the expected outcome should be.
Just images Smile
Logo and banner should be Chris Brown ..not Benny Benassi

This can be ClearlogoFeat and BannerFeat Smile

When rollback script.module.skin.helper.artutils-///---musicartwork.py

(2016-12-13, 01:33)Skinnerxyz Wrote: [ -> ]The problem in epg with the same titel of a show is again there.....
When there are 2 shows behind he only shows the same plot, but they have different plots....

Is it the same show but you mean a different episode ?
Why not use ListItem.Plot for that ?

Or do you mean two different shows/movies with the same exact name on the same channel ?
That last case will be impossible to fix.
(2016-12-13, 20:20)Mike_Doc Wrote: [ -> ]SkinHelper.ListItem.AlbumsArtist.Formatted
SkinHelper.ListItem.AlbumsCompilations.Formatted

Fixed in next update.
(2016-12-14, 21:48)pstruh Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
getting issue to backup setting of estuary mod skin 1.7.2
ERROR: Skin Helper Backup --> ERROR in __main__ ! --> 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xcc in position 27: ordinal not in range(128)

Please enable Kodi debug logging, try to backup/restore and share the kodi logfile on pastebin (or other sharing service).
(2016-12-15, 00:37)Skinnerxyz Wrote: [ -> ]@Marcel here are screenshots where you see the issues with epg plot

the same plot on NOT the same episodes

You should use ListItem.Plot and not the Window Property. Skinhelper isn't episode aware, it's limited to the tvshow level only.
Eventually you can fallback to the plot if you want if there was no plot supplied by your EPG.
(2016-12-16, 23:37)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-11, 07:40)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Having difficulty displaying rotating backgrounds in Mimic now. They don't show up unless I switch skins to Titan and then back to Mimic again. I checked your default skin settings, but didn't find anything related that I'm missing. Didn't see anything related in my logs either. Any ideas?

Did you set the skin string to enable it ?

Skin.SetString(SkinHelper.RandomFanartDelay, 30)

Where the number is the amount of seconds between the rotating of images.

The readme was in error about that, I just fixed it.
That was it, I had removed that line thinking it was moved to the addon's settings dialog. Thanks!
(2016-12-15, 15:03)JohnyBee Wrote: [ -> ]'Skin Helper Service' is not running at the windows DialogAlbumInfo.xml DialogSongInfo.xml.

Please test with next update, should be fixed.
(2016-12-16, 02:34)xodi Wrote: [ -> ]I compared the new backup file with the old version of backup file, I see the SKINPROPERTIES.properties file is empty (only a [] in it, 2 bytes) in the new one and contains a lot of information in the old one, so this should be the problem why it can't restore anything.

Just fixed it, thanks for noticing. New version available later today.
(2016-12-17, 00:30)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-15, 00:37)Skinnerxyz Wrote: [ -> ]@Marcel here are screenshots where you see the issues with epg plot

the same plot on NOT the same episodes

You should use ListItem.Plot and not the Window Property. Skinhelper isn't episode aware, it's limited to the tvshow level only.
Eventually you can fallback to the plot if you want if there was no plot supplied by your EPG.

okay i will use it as fallback, Thx marcel.

yesterday night i implented the pvr widget list, but it dont works for me.

i use this code to request the PVR Channels Widget, In a Container with id "510".

Code:
plugin://script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=channels&mediatype=pvr&reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload2)]

i set in home.xml

Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.skin.helper.service)">SetProperty(SkinHelper.WidgetContainer,510,Home)</onload>

and

Code:
<onunload>ClearProperty(SkinHelper.WidgetContainer)</onunload>

i think for a few minutes it works, but then i drive away and came back, and its always empty......

i try recording, but this works fine :

Code:
plugin://script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=recordings&amp;mediatype=pvr&amp;eload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload2)]

and the normal call from kodi works fine too :

Code:
pvr://channels/tv/*?

i only dont get any content by the skinhelper method of tv channels....

i tested to delete thesimplecache file, but nothing changed...

have you a idea?
I turned off the animated poster in skin settings and deleted the "/userdata/Thumbnails/animatedgifs" folder, but the this folder is constantly created by someone and a lot of gifs are downloaded to this folder again and again. Is this expected behavior?
I keep getting two skin helper errors on Kodi 17 beta 6 on my Apple TV 4. I'm running Titan Beta Krypton skin. Every time I launch Kodi, I get a Skin Helper Service Backgrounds error. And when I try to access the colorpicker in skin settings, I get a Skin Helper Service Colorpicker error.

So I tried manually installing those two addons from a zip file. When I install colorpicker, it looks like it gets installed, but I can't see the addon in My Addons and I still get the colorpicker error when trying to change a color in skin settings. When I install the backgrounds addon, it also appears to install but then a second later I see the same Skin Helper Service Backgrounds error popup.

Everything else seems to be running fine, but the errors are annoying and I'm unable to change any colors within the skin. I had been running Kodi without these errors and I'm not sure what changed. I haven't made any real changes other than addons being updated. I have the exact same configuration on my Macbook Pro and I don't get these errors.

Here is my log file: https://paste.ubuntu.com/23642841/

I appreciate any help resolving this. Thanks.
(2016-12-17, 11:57)Skinnerxyz Wrote: [ -> ]yesterday night i implented the pvr widget list, but it dont works for me.

i use this code to request the PVR Channels Widget, In a Container with id "510".

Code:
plugin://script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=channels&amp;mediatype=pvr&amp;reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload2)]

i think for a few minutes it works, but then i drive away and came back, and its always empty......
Yes I have Idea,
thetvdb.py in script.module.thetvdb is broken...when you have some tvshows in your widget, they are broken and no info.
just roll back thetvdb.py
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/marcel...thetvdb.py

Marcel fixed this module,this also will be fix for widget:
TVShows
-IMDB 250 Top TVShows in Library
Episodes
-Unaired Episodes
-Next Airing Episodes
Mixed Media
-Movies and TVShows in IMDB Top250

Code:
15:56:02.059 T:2136   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: need more than 0 values to unpack
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\TEST\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\context_pvr.py", line 25, in <module>
                                                artutils.pvr_artwork_options(title, channel, genre)
                                              File "C:\Users\TEST\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.skin.helper.artutils\lib\artutils.py", line 168, in pvr_artwork_options
                                                return self.pvrart.pvr_artwork_options(title, channel, genre)
                                              File "C:\Users\TEST\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.skin.helper.artutils\lib\helpers\pvrartwork.py", line 299, in pvr_artwork_options
                                                self.get_pvr_artwork(title=title, channel=channel, genre=genre, ignore_cache=True, manual_select=True)
                                              File "C:\Users\TEST\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.skin.helper.artutils\lib\helpers\pvrartwork.py", line 140, in get_pvr_artwork
                                                details = extend_dict(details, self.artutils.thetvdb.get_series(tvdb_match))
                                              File "C:\Users\TEST\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.simplecache\lib\simplecache.py", line 321, in decorated
                                                result = func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\TEST\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.thetvdb\lib\thetvdb.py", line 137, in get_series
                                                return self.map_series_data(seriesinfo)
                                              File "C:\Users\TEST\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.thetvdb\lib\thetvdb.py", line 452, in map_series_data
                                                local_airday, local_airday_short = self.get_local_weekday(showdetails["airsDayOfWeek"])
                                            ValueError: need more than 0 values to unpack
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

And see why "backgroundsupdater.get_images_from_vfspath......." filling simplecache.db with empty string in data []
(2016-12-16, 10:17)JohnyBee Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Marcel Smile
Maybe a little mistake (AC/DC)?
In script.module.skin.helper.artutils/lib/helpers/musicartwork.py function get_all_artists line 612

Yep, just fixed it. New version coming up