Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin helper service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help please. I'm using the Aeon nox silvo skin and I was loving the live tv widgets until they got to kodi 17 beta 3 and stopped working. I can see them there and choose them once your skin helper is installed but the just don't show up anymore.
Code:
00:18:54.996 T:5528   ERROR: EXCEPTION: argument "path" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcvfs::exists" must be unicode or str
same is for me ...after this changes PVR channels are empty.
https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.mo...7be712fad4

Marcel check this ,when change in "If not" this widget are populated (just typo error) Smile
So I know I should know this... or you may say it is in the read me. I cant figure it out, how do I actually use this script? as you see below I am just trying to show posters... I am using kodi's built in to show on focus to be sure it is something there but I can not get the skin helper to help.... how do I call on it or use it is should say.

Code:
<control type="list" id="9001">
        <onleft>9000</onleft>
        <onright>9001</onright>                        
        <orientation>horizontal</orientation>
        <itemlayout height="300" width="300">
            <control type="image">
                    <width>256</width>
                    <height>256</height>
                   <texture>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.Poster)]</texture>
             </control>
        </itemlayout>
        <focusedlayout height="300" width="300">
              <control type="image">
                <width>256</width>
                <height>256</height>
                <texture>$INFO[ListItem.Art(poster)]</texture>
            </control>
        /focusedlayout>
            <content target="movies" sortby="title" sortorder="ascending" limit="10">videodb://recentlyaddedmovies/</content>
    </control>
Hi marcelvelt!

Millhouse pointed me to your direction Wink

Can you have a look at this pls?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2414041

Post 2019 to 2024

Would be great
Hi Marcel,

did you check to see if the following warnings are coming from Skin Helper:

10:12:46.308 T:12988 WARNING: Invalid media type "album/compilation"
10:12:46.322 T:12988 WARNING: Invalid media type "album/remix"
10:12:46.326 T:7320 WARNING: Invalid media type "single"
10:12:46.329 T:14656 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
10:12:46.329 T:14656 WARNING: Invalid media type "album/soundtrack"
10:12:46.330 T:852 WARNING: Invalid media type "album/compilation"

Been told to let you know about this 299107 (thread) It may not be your add-on but an add-on is creating them and iding it isn't easy!

Regards,

Mike
(2016-12-30, 21:58)Skinnerxyz Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps i found something, i implented by me the “player.listitems“ while playing pvr.
It works fine, but when i pause live tv and start then playing again, all labels, icons are empty....
When i stop the playing and Start again, i get all labels/icons fine.
But why on pause and play again are the labels empty ?

Good catch, will be fixed in next update.
Hi Marcel,
Kodi Krypton
- Level artists.
- Context Menu
- Manual configure artwork (thumb, fanart .....)
- Choice of graphics
- <backspace key>
error Sad
Code:
DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(0x7f4c783f6b60) http://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/music/f0602f55-1770-483d-89bd-4bae0d0ac086/artistthumb/lopez-jennifer-52774ccec9d2f.jpg
    INFO: easy_aquire - Created session to http://assets.fanart.tv
   ERROR: EXCEPTION: argument "path" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcvfs::exists" must be unicode or str
   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
               - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
              Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
              Error Contents: argument "path" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcvfs::exists" must be unicode or str
              Traceback (most recent call last):
                File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/context_music.py", line 23, in <module>
                  artutils.music_artwork_options(artist, album, track, disc)
                File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.skin.helper.artutils/lib/artutils.py", line 96, in music_artwork_options
                  return self.musicart.music_artwork_options(artist, album, track, disc)
                File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.skin.helper.artutils/lib/helpers/musicartwork.py", line 240, in music_artwork_options
                  self.manual_set_music_artwork(artist, album, track, disc)
                File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.skin.helper.artutils/lib/helpers/musicartwork.py", line 200, in manual_set_music_artwork
                  details[mediatype]["diskpath"], details[mediatype]["art"])
                File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.skin.helper.artutils/lib/helpers/utils.py", line 399, in download_artwork
                  new_dict[key] = download_image(os.path.join(folderpath, "folder.jpg"), value)
                File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.skin.helper.artutils/lib/helpers/utils.py", line 446, in download_image
                  refresh_image(filename)
                File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.skin.helper.artutils/lib/helpers/utils.py", line 460, in refresh_image
                  if xbmcvfs.exists(cache_image):
              TypeError: argument "path" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcvfs::exists" must be unicode or str
              -->End of Python script error report<--
(2016-12-31, 22:32)im85288 Wrote: [ -> ]In the skin helper widgets with the uniqueid additions, I think you meant to have the version number as >16 to get krytpon for example:

Yeah, sorry. Just fixed it.
(2017-01-02, 17:52)Blurayx Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much for adding Episodes Airing Today, I really missed this feature Smile
Have a beer on me Smile
Happy New Year!!!!

Thanks!! Happy new year to you too
(2017-01-02, 21:22)Skinnerxyz Wrote: [ -> ]How is the code for requesting this ?

It's added as a subnode in the Skin Helper Widgets Video addon, meaning you can use it as widget
(2017-01-02, 23:21)Nathcloud9 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help please. I'm using the Aeon nox silvo skin and I was loving the live tv widgets until they got to kodi 17 beta 3 and stopped working. I can see them there and choose them once your skin helper is installed but the just don't show up anymore.

Working fine on my end... Do you have any errors in the log?
If so, please share the error or the logfile with me
(2017-01-03, 03:59)smitchell6879 Wrote: [ -> ]So I know I should know this... or you may say it is in the read me. I cant figure it out, how do I actually use this script? as you see below I am just trying to show posters... I am using kodi's built in to show on focus to be sure it is something there but I can not get the skin helper to help.... how do I call on it or use it is should say.

You can't use Window Properties as infolabels inside an itemlayout...
You can only use them outside your panels
(2017-01-03, 10:07)epicfail Wrote: [ -> ]Millhouse pointed me to your direction Wink
Can you have a look at this pls?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2414041

Done. hopefully there will be some solution.
(2017-01-03, 12:32)Mike_Doc Wrote: [ -> ]did you check to see if the following warnings are coming from Skin Helper:
10:12:46.308 T:12988 WARNING: Invalid media type "album/compilation"
Been told to let you know about this 299107 (thread) It may not be your add-on but an add-on is creating them and iding it isn't easy!

Yes, they're from skinhelper. See that same thread ;-)
Marcel,

I finally tracked down my issue with setting skin settings with your script (thanks Angelinas for the hint). Previously (versions before about 100 of your script) if I included a icon entry in the extras/skinsettings.xml file that referenced my skins media directory everything worked fine. Now for example if I use icon="blank.png" the select dialog correctly displays the image and then your script silently fails to write the skin setting. Nothing is shown in the debug log and nothing changes with the skin setting.

Now in my case it's not a biggy, as I generally don't want to display an icon anyway, but it is a change of behaviour from the old script and it was a PITA to track down with no error message in the log.

As always thanks for all your work on this script.
Wyrm (AppTV)