Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin helper service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-06-24, 17:45)VikkiXavier Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-17, 02:44)hackademic Wrote: [ -> ]AWARDS and CRITICS CONSENSUS are stiil no go though Sad

It will never get fixed. The reason why I shifted to Plex.
If this dont work for you, then you do something wrong.
With proper Apikey for Omdb all info working.
---------------------------------
SkinHelper.ListItem.X.Art.Poster

X - change to number of movie in set....

Need to be for first movie in set, second....
Code:
SkinHelper.ListItem.0.Art.Poster
Hi Angelinas,

SkinHelper.ListItem.X.Art.Poster =/= SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.X

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...Movie-sets

But this property ( SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.X) is also described here :
https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...---Artwork

I did some more test, and I get the movie sets poster (from fanart.tv) only if i have no poster for this entry in kodi database.

by default kodi defined poster and fanart for each new movie sets (based on the 1st movie on the set).
So fo this 2 art type we can't get info from tmdb/fanart.tv, unless manually remove all of them from the kodi database

Marcel,
is there a way to force the online search for movie collection ?

is there a script / addon to manage art for movie sets like script.artwork.downloader ?
(2017-06-24, 18:59)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]If this dont work for you, then you do something wrong.
With proper Apikey for Omdb all info working.

audience score too?

edit: not seeing consensus
@Angelinas - you must belong to some utopian world because marcel's wiki still clearly states "critic consensus from rotten tomatoes [no longer available]" "No. of user reviews on rotten tomatoes [no longer available]" "user rating from rotten tomatoes [no longer available]" etc etc
(2017-06-25, 19:29)VikkiXavier Wrote: [ -> ]@Angelinas - you must belong to some utopian world because marcel's wiki still clearly states "critic consensus from rotten tomatoes [no longer available]" "No. of user reviews on rotten tomatoes [no longer available]" "user rating from rotten tomatoes [no longer available]" etc etc

They are indeed no longer available.
Some of the info might still be in the cache but atm this info is dropped from OMDB API.
Maybe it will return but for now it doesn't and you won't find the info elsewhere because RT now charges big money for access to that data.
Awords working,critics not....
Who read critics for movie from other people , when this movie is alredy in his own library.

Beter stay on plex
OK, I'm gonna feel stupid if this is something easy, but for the last couple of days I've been trying to figure out how to display the poster art and TV Series plot on TV Timer Rules screen with a modified version of Estuary. I got the poster no problem, and I can see that the scrapper gets the other metadata. But using Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Plot) works inconsistently.

For any series for which I setup a recording when using Kodi 16, Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.PlotOutline) properly shows the plot of the TV Show. But for any series recording I've setup in Kodi 17, Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.PlotOutline) either shows the plot of the next airing episode or is blank. I confirmed this by deleting one of my series recordings and then recreating it. When I did that the behavior changed.

It's like something in the new series recordings with Kodi 17 change the way the Kodi ListItem.Plot works. Or maybe it's just how the NextPVR plugin is sending stuff. Anyway, to avoid this, I was hoping I could find some way to just add an infolabel called something like SkinHelper.ListItem.TVShowPlot that wouldn't conflict with the internal Kodi stuff, but after hours of sifting through code, I can't for the life of me figure out where to do that or how. I'm hoping someone can help or point me in the right direction.

Thanks.
marcelveldt:

moviedb question: The way I have it implemented it displays 7.4 instead of 74% as displayed in their web page. I there anything I can do to display 74%?

anything you can do to display tvshow ratings from tmdb?

TIA
(2017-06-17, 02:44)hackademic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-16, 15:11)axbmcuser Wrote: [ -> ]What API key will i need to get back RottenTomatoes ratings? A TMDB API key or an OMDB API key? Confused. Big Grin
Thanks!

You need to have an OMDB API Key.
You should donate 1USD to https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=5038490.
And then request your pesonal key via email http://www.omdbapi.com/apikey.aspx

Don't forget to delete your simplecache.db

Rotten Tomatoes, IMDB and Metacritic are confirmed working.
Flixter ratings is not working.

AWARDS and CRITICS CONSENSUS are stiil no go though Sad

I hope it gets fixed on the next update.

Can someone tell me please where exactly I have to put my OMDb API key?
I can't seem to find any addon settings for skin helper service in Kodi or any xml-file line that needs to be changed.
(2017-06-26, 09:59)Maaarv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-17, 02:44)hackademic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-16, 15:11)axbmcuser Wrote: [ -> ]What API key will i need to get back RottenTomatoes ratings? A TMDB API key or an OMDB API key? Confused. Big Grin
Thanks!

You need to have an OMDB API Key.

I can't seem to find any addon settings for skin helper service in Kodi or any xml-file line that needs to be changed.

Settings/system/addons/manage dependencies

Then you will find where to put your key in the settings of "metadata and artwork module" dependency
Quote: Settings/system/addons/manage dependencies

Then you will find where to put your key in the settings of "metadata and artwork module" dependency

You can also edit addon\script.module.metadatautils\setting.xml from your userdata folder.
Useful for LibreElec for example, when you can't copy/paste from kodi GUI
(2017-06-26, 12:23)gates Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: Settings/system/addons/manage dependencies

You can also edit addon\script.module.metadatautils\setting.xml from your userdata folder.
Useful for LibreElec for example, when you can't copy/paste from kodi GUI

Thanks for the information

As i use kodi on windows, I was not aware of some other OS limitation
(2017-06-26, 02:27)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]It's like something in the new series recordings with Kodi 17 change the way the Kodi ListItem.Plot works. Or maybe it's just how the NextPVR plugin is sending stuff. Anyway, to avoid this, I was hoping I could find some way to just add an infolabel called something like SkinHelper.ListItem.TVShowPlot that wouldn't conflict with the internal Kodi stuff, but after hours of sifting through code, I can't for the life of me figure out where to do that or how. I'm hoping someone can help or point me in the right direction.

Finally answered my own question. It took a bit more digging to figure out how Skin Helper was loading all the scraper data for TV Shows and how it prioritized stuff in Kodi already. Once I did, I added three lines of code to listitem_monitory.py (in the section commented as "monitor listitem props when PVR is active")
Code:
extinfo = details.copy()
extinfo['plot'] = ''
details['ExternalPlot'] = self.get_pvr_artwork(extinfo, prefix)['plot']

This technically means get_pvr_artwork is run twice, but since everything is cached, I figured it was a very low impact activity. I haven't tried, but I think this would work for movies as well.
Try "Episodename" instead of "PlotOutline"
see this discussion here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=310859
(2017-06-26, 12:07)Gracus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-26, 09:59)Maaarv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-17, 02:44)hackademic Wrote: [ -> ]You need to have an OMDB API Key.

Settings/system/addons/manage dependencies

Thanks but unfortunately I only have an entry for a fanart.tv API.
Installed the latest Skin Helper Service from Git.
Do I have to update the metadatautils separately to have it working with OMDb?