Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin helper service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@marcel:
DiscArt is missing for ListItem.Properties in the Wiki:
https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...---Artwork

FR:
please add a internal debugging for SH without kodi-debug-mode -> enable it separately with a Radio-button in SH-settings.
Then you have the normal (short) Kodi-log with SH-debug. Then you don't have so much debug log-entries when e.g. video-playback
@Marcel, @Angelinas, @meowmoo I really am confused.

(2017-08-16, 17:23)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-15, 21:20)meowmoo Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed that Album art (cover and cdArt) get saved in my Custom Folder since the last update, I usally keep cdart.png and Album covers with my mp3's in one folder, not a big issue, but if it would be possible to save Album related Art in the Album folder (with the mp3s) and Artist related Art in the custom folder, I would be a happy Cow Tongue
also im wondering, what happend if i turn on both option, "save art to local files" and "save art to custom folder". I guess i will get all the art on both places?!
Save Art to custom art working perfect....
Save all Art in folder with your path, same as your music folder or new.
You dont need duplicate art file if you dont want, just set same path as your Music folder
Problem that you will have is name of Album......You will have one name for album , MB scraper will find different , and art for that album will in new folder.
I have album name
-My House Album Leaked [2015]
SHS find name for this album
-My House
Thumb, disc, thumbback and spine for that album will be download to new folder with name "My House".
My House Album Leaked [2015] folder stay in music folder without Art inside.

I set both places (folder and custom folder).
In custom folder download all Art (working as clock)
In folder SHS download missing Art for Artist...for Album dont working download.(if missing Art in folder)
Are you really talking about a Skin Helper Server facility, or about cdART? Sounds like the cdART addon to me, and I can't see any SHS options for folders etc.

I don't use either addon, but I installed to try and see what they do. Please someone be kind and explain.

(2017-08-16, 17:23)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]@ DaveBlake
Iif I Download new Artist & Album SHS download all Art and info For Them.
Download "on fly" Album Art is missing in Kodi..It will be nice to Kodi have power to do this(if missing Art).
I think what I am doing will fix that Smile
Work still in development, but I'll let you know when something to test.
@ DaveBlake
Shs script don have configuration menu but modul for this part have Alot of settings

with radio button you can set
-chose looking path (folder or custom folder)
-folder to your music
-custom foldder (just for Art)
-scraper for looking of info
-scraper for Art

Personly I use mine version of part for music custom.
https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.mo...ls/pull/14

Marcel change almost like mine version....but extrafanart are outside of Artist folder in separate folder.
Not big deal...need to fix.But for creating Artist, album all working like charm.
If you try to play some title from radio addon....without any info.This modul.
Create info in simplecahche, create Artist folder (thumb,clearlogo,fanart & Banner). album, and inside of Artist folder create Album folder(inside thumb,disc,thumbback 6 spine).

Same shs doo with folder if you have music folder without art, shs add in that folder.Missing Art for Album (this dont working)

If you have art for playing song, Shs use your path from folder or if you activate custom folder use that path.

mine custom folder just for Art

And this is Artist and album

I dont have trouble for naming folder Smile
@ DaveBlake make sure you use the beta from Marcels repo https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...arcelveldt
also you need to bring up the context menu on some music Artist/album and choose Artwork options, and than Advanced settings and you are in the metadatautils settings

from my point of view SHS makes CdArtManger unnecessary, because it do the same thing, but do it on the fly in the background,

using CDartM you need to scan your music, because it uses his own DB, you can than set a path to a folder and all art will be saved in that folder with that layout
Code:
ArtistName
----------extrafanart(folder)
----------banner.jpg
----------fanart.jpg
----------folder.jpg (artist thumb)
----------logo.png
now you need to Download every Art seperat (banner, clearArt, Thumbs.....) when you add new music you need to rescan the CDart DB and do all this stuff again.

SHS do the same thing, but in the background, there are lots of options Angelinas posted them, one of them is set a Custom path, same as CdartM, if this is set, and the option to Download all to custom folder is on everything ends up in this folder, if its turned off, the art get saved in the Music Folder.

so, When I start playing Oasis or browse to Oasis in my Artist node, SHS looks at my custom folder for a Oasis folder, if there is a Oasis folder, it use the Art inside this Folder (logo, thumb, banner), when the Oasis Folder is missing, SHS looks at Fanart.tv (apikey) and theaudiodb for Art, and Download it to my custom Folder. the Cool thing about SHS is it also work for streams, so when i listen to Radio, and they play David Gilmour, which is not in my Collection, and I dont have any Art for him, SHS look it up and Download it to my MusicArt Folder, since the last update, SHS also saves CDart in the Custom folder
Code:
ArtistName
----------Albumname(folder)
--------------------------folder.jpg
--------------------------cdArt.png
----------extrafanart(folder)
----------banner.jpg
----------fanart.jpg
----------folder.jpg (artist thumb)
----------logo.png
this is not what im used to because i store Album Related Art inside the Album, and Artist Art in my custom folder, but its not a big deal, If marcel give us an Option to store album art inside the album its great, if not im fine with it also, the issue here will be Streams I guess, because how should SHS handel CDart for a Radio stream, I dont like it to create a Folder inside my music Folder, for an Artist/album I dont own, so everything streamed should end up in the custom folder, and every Album Art, where i own the Album should be saved in the Album Folder, in my dream setup. But thats just me thinking out loud, Marcel is the Dev and im sure he comes up with a great solution, even if it keeps working like now im totally fine with it!

I hope i did not write any Nonsens, if so someone correct me pls Tongue

at last some Numbers, I have 818 AlbumArtist but in my Custom Folder are 1863 Artist Folders, (my wife listen Radion alot) thats ~8GB of Music Art thanks to SHS Smile

sorry for the bad englisch, drinking my 3 german beer right now Big Grin
@Angelinas, @meowmoo thankyou both for your posts. I had not realised before that you were talking about a beta version, hence no wonder I could not see the features. Makes more sense now Smile

I will take a look later, and may be back with more questions. BTW your English is fine (beers or not), I appreciate the efforts since I can only speak one language.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to handle art for an album with multiple discs, and different art say cover and cd art, for each cd?
@Dave,

I built it into Madnox to handle upto 6 cdarts for an album, jst named cdart, cdart2 - dcart6 in the album folder. Only certain views show the additional discs. Also have a solution when browsing artists in showcase view that if you create a cdart folder and place all album cd art in there then it will rotate through them on screen i.e. showing all the albums by cd art for the artist.

So there are ways to handle it, they just have to be coded into whichever skin. Haven't done multiple cover solution but something like that will be done in my music improvements when I get round to them.
Mike_Doc supose you use folderpath+cdart#...that skiner can doo Smile

I use
Code:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.DiscArt2)]
I change SHS to look same name ["cdart2.png", "disc2.png"]in album folder ,all working,but
if album folder song and art is in two separate folder "cd1" "cd2" and same name for disc in ich folder problem visible is only first disc.
If I change name in "cd2" folder in to disc2........all be working.
-working if only one Album folder (inside disc & disc2)
-working too if I use Custom folder (inside disc & disc2)

-problem with player art and in song level :SHS doesen't know what Discart to show (always is fist disc) Sad

I think its better to wait Marcel solution Smile
SkinHelper.ListItem.Rating.MC vs SkinHelper.ListItem.MetaCritic.Rating. Can somebody tell me which one actually work?
I modified the estuaryPlus skin (Kodi 17.1 under win10) to display the video duration (in minutes) next to the file name in a video listing by using:

Code:
<value>$INFO[ListItem.Duration]</value>

This works fine, although minutes is not the most convenient unit for videos. I would rather have hours:minutes so in an attempt to do that I installed the skin helper service and then changed the line above to:

Code:
<value>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Duration)]</value>

However with that line, nothing at all is displayed. What could be causing this problem? Am I calling the skin helper service correctly?
To make sure I have it installed properly I went to "Addons", then "My add-ons", the "Context menus" and I see the Skin Helper Service (marcelveldt - 1.1.3) with a check mark next to it. I assume that means I have it installed. Is there anything else I need to do to allow the skin to make a call such as the one I show above?

Thanks
~Paul
(2017-08-23, 14:44)pmennen Wrote: [ -> ]I modified the estuaryPlus skin (Kodi 17.1 under win10) to display the video duration (in minutes) next to the file name in a video listing by using:

Code:
<value>$INFO[ListItem.Duration]</value>

This works fine, although minutes is not the most convenient unit for videos. I would rather have hours:minutes so in an attempt to do that I installed the skin helper service and then changed the line above to:

Code:
<value>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Duration)]</value>

However with that line, nothing at all is displayed. What could be causing this problem? Am I calling the skin helper service correctly?
To make sure I have it installed properly I went to "Addons", then "My add-ons", the "Context menus" and I see the Skin Helper Service (marcelveldt - 1.1.3) with a check mark next to it. I assume that means I have it installed. Is there anything else I need to do to allow the skin to make a call such as the one I show above?

Thanks
~Paul

Depend where you want to show duration. Properties not working in container.
(2017-08-23, 04:08)VikkiXavier Wrote: [ -> ]SkinHelper.ListItem.Rating.MC vs SkinHelper.ListItem.MetaCritic.Rating. Can somebody tell me which one actually work?

In Wiki it's SkinHelper.ListItem.Rating.MC
(2017-08-23, 21:28)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]Depend where you want to show duration. Properties not working in container.

I'm not sure what a container is, so I don't know if I'm in one or not.

With the EstuaryPlus skin (as in the default Estuary skin) when I go to a folder in my favorites and list the videos in that folder, KODI shows the video file name in the left hand column and the file size in the right hand column.

I didn't find the file size very useful so I wanted to change the right hand column to show video duration.
With some experimentation, I discovered that the right hand column could be controlled by this code inside "Variables.xml":

Code:
<variable name="ListLabel2Var">
        <value condition="String.IsEmpty(Container.PluginName) + Container.Content(tvshows) + String.IsEqual(Container.SortMethod,$LOCALIZE[556])">$INFO[ListItem.Property(WatchedEpisodes)]$INFO[ListItem.Property(TotalEpisodes), / ,]</value>
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(Container.SortMethod,$LOCALIZE[556])">$INFO[ListItem.Year]</value>
        <value condition="!String.isempty(ListItem.Appearances)">$LOCALIZE[38026]: $INFO[ListItem.Appearances]</value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.Label2]</value>
    </variable>

Evidently the ListItem.Label2 (in the last $INFO line) is set to contain the file size although I don't know where that happens.
But I changed the ListItem.Label2 to ListItem.Duration and now at least it lists the video duration in the right hand column as I wanted.

The problem happened when I decided that "2:07" (for example) would be much better than 127 minutes, so that's why I installed the skin helper service so I could convert the minutes into the hours: minutes format.

Is this inside a container, and if so does that explain why it doesn't list the duration as I wanted from the skin helper service?
(Right now it lists the file name in the left column as usual, but nothing at all in the right column.)

And if so, is there any way to use the skin helper service to do this format conversion for me?

Part of the reason I've been trying so hard to get this to work is that I also want to display the number of subtitle tracks available (SkinHelper.ListItem.Subtitles.Count) and in fact this is even more important to me than the duration formatting.

Any suggests are most welcome.
Thanks
~Paul
(2017-08-23, 23:04)pmennen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-23, 21:28)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]Depend where you want to show duration. Properties not working in container.

I'm not sure what a container is, so I don't know if I'm in one or not.

With the EstuaryPlus skin (as in the default Estuary skin) when I go to a folder in my favorites and list the videos in that folder, KODI shows the video file name in the left hand column and the file size in the right hand column.

I didn't find the file size very useful so I wanted to change the right hand column to show video duration.
With some experimentation, I discovered that the right hand column could be controlled by this code inside "Variables.xml":

Code:
<variable name="ListLabel2Var">
        <value condition="String.IsEmpty(Container.PluginName) + Container.Content(tvshows) + String.IsEqual(Container.SortMethod,$LOCALIZE[556])">$INFO[ListItem.Property(WatchedEpisodes)]$INFO[ListItem.Property(TotalEpisodes), / ,]</value>
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(Container.SortMethod,$LOCALIZE[556])">$INFO[ListItem.Year]</value>
        <value condition="!String.isempty(ListItem.Appearances)">$LOCALIZE[38026]: $INFO[ListItem.Appearances]</value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.Label2]</value>
    </variable>

Evidently the ListItem.Label2 (in the last $INFO line) is set to contain the file size although I don't know where that happens.
But I changed the ListItem.Label2 to ListItem.Duration and now at least it lists the video duration in the right hand column as I wanted.

The problem happened when I decided that "2:07" (for example) would be much better than 127 minutes, so that's why I installed the skin helper service so I could convert the minutes into the hours: minutes format.

Is this inside a container, and if so does that explain why it doesn't list the duration as I wanted from the skin helper service?
(Right now it lists the file name in the left column as usual, but nothing at all in the right column.)

And if so, is there any way to use the skin helper service to do this format conversion for me?

Part of the reason I've been trying so hard to get this to work is that I also want to display the number of subtitle tracks available (SkinHelper.ListItem.Subtitles.Count) and in fact this is even more important to me than the duration formatting.

Any suggests are most welcome.
Thanks
~Paul

Yes, you are in list, so in container, so you can't use Skin Helper property here.
(2017-08-23, 23:57)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you are in list, so in container, so you can't use Skin Helper property here.

Wow, that's surprising. It seems like these lists are precisely where these skin helper properties would be most useful.

I looked thru the python code in the resources folder for the skin helper looking for the code relating to the hours:minutes formatting but I couldn't find it. Does anyone know where it is?

The change I'm attempting seemed pretty innocent at first, but without the skin helper service it looks like it might be complicated.
I haven't done xml or python programming in many years so I'm probably out of my depth here ... but it's conceivable I might make a take a stab at it.

~Paul
(2017-08-21, 21:55)meowmoo Wrote: [ -> ]@ DaveBlake make sure you use the beta from Marcels repo https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...arcelveldt
also you need to bring up the context menu on some music Artist/album and choose Artwork options, and than Advanced settings and you are in the metadatautils settings
Still not seeing any of this SHS art management....
@Angelinas, @meowmoo and I need to use a suitable skin too?

EDIT:
Yeap, that's what it was. Smile
Sorry for the noise, but I have always used vanilla Kodi straight out the box, never any skins or addons