Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin helper service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-05-28, 09:17)DaveBlake Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-28, 01:32)Rychem28 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to envoke SkinHelper to scrape album information for the duration and tracks portion of the Music metadata.
I doubt it, a list of tracks and their duration is not part of the additional album information fetched using scrapers. Kodi only knows about those songs that you have in music files that are scanned into the library. 

Thanks. I will keep poking around to see if I can figure out what is going on. Much appreciated.
First off I apologise if this covered here somewhere, but this forum is huuuge and my search terms are fairly generic.

Loving using Next Episodes widget but I have an issue and am unsure if I can get around it. My main menu has two items for TV shows, ones for my wife and then everything else. These are driven by playlists that use the path to divide these up (as my wifes shows are in a different share on my server). Problem is of course Next Episodes looks at all shows and knows nothing about my playlists.

Is there a way I can get Next Episodes to work on each of my menu items looking at different paths??

Thanks!
Hey guys! Maybe someone can help. I have been having an ongoing issue with almost every custom skin that I can try which just causes Kodi to immediately force close. No messages, no explanation no nothing, just closes. I believe it to be from this script as once I remove it from the addon directory it seems to work again perfectly (except obviously none of the features work). The only thing that it says in the log at the end is this..

2019-05-30 08:29:39.549 T:1540  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Starting WebService on port 52307
2019-05-30 08:29:39.550 T:2612  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Skin Helper Service version 1.1.24 started

Nothing after and no error notices. Anyone got any idea? Have tried 4 different skins including different versions of the addons from different repos mentioned in this thread, still the same thing. Also tried nearly every tip in the last 10 or so pages in this thread, still the same thing. Im a little lost at this point.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. Seems to me that it had to do with multiple people logged in to my pc for some reason. Once I restarted and logged in with 1 account it is working great.
(2019-05-29, 23:30)clackerdacker Wrote: [ -> ]First off I apologise if this covered here somewhere, but this forum is huuuge and my search terms are fairly generic.

Loving using Next Episodes widget but I have an issue and am unsure if I can get around it. My main menu has two items for TV shows, ones for my wife and then everything else. These are driven by playlists that use the path to divide these up (as my wifes shows are in a different share on my server). Problem is of course Next Episodes looks at all shows and knows nothing about my playlists.

Is there a way I can get Next Episodes to work on each of my menu items looking at different paths??

Thanks!
Hi clackerdacker,

I have the same need (separate anime show and "tv" show)
I've modded the script "service.library.data.provider" (https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Library_Data_Provider) and it works fine
My mod is not based on smart playlist. You have to edit the pyton file. But nothing too hard.
I can share you my mod

Gates
Skin Helper is still not gathering the duration and track data from the Kodi DB (MyMusic72.db). I looked in the DB and verified that the information is present. I tried doing a refresh on a number of albums and I get the following error. It would seem that it can't find the necessary entries in the Kodi DB. Am i correct to assume this or is this because no data is populated in the simplecache.db?

2019-05-30 14:49:31.711 T:40120  NOTICE: script.module.metadatautils --> get_artist_metadata --> artist: Xzibit - album: Restless - track:
2019-05-30 14:49:31.716 T:40120  NOTICE: script.module.metadatautils --> {"error":{"code":-32602,"data":{"method":"AudioLibrary.GetAlbums","stack":{"message":"array element at index 6 does not match","name":"Item.Fields.Base","property":{"message":"Received value does not match any of the defined enum values","type":"string"},"type":"array"}},"message":"Invalid params."},"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}
2019-05-30 14:49:31.716 T:40120  NOTICE: script.module.metadatautils --> {'params': {'filter': {'artistid': 1732}, 'properties': ['title', 'fanart', 'thumbnail', 'genre', 'displayartist', 'artist', 'genreid', 'musicbrainzalbumartistid', 'year', 'rating', 'artistid', 'musicbrainzalbumid', 'theme', 'description', 'type', 'style', 'playcount', 'albumlabel', 'mood', 'dateadded']}, 'jsonrpc': '2.0', 'method': 'AudioLibrary.GetAlbums', 'id': 1}
2019-05-30 14:49:31.734 T:40120  NOTICE: script.module.metadatautils --> {"error":{"code":-32602,"data":{"method":"AudioLibrary.GetAlbums","stack":{"message":"array element at index 6 does not match","name":"Item.Fields.Base","property":{"message":"Received value does not match any of the defined enum values","type":"string"},"type":"array"}},"message":"Invalid params."},"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}
2019-05-30 14:49:31.734 T:40120  NOTICE: script.module.metadatautils --> {'params': {'filter': {'and': [{'operator': 'contains', 'field': 'artist', 'value': u'Xzibit'}, {'operator': 'contains', 'field': 'album', 'value': u'Restless'}]}, 'properties': ['title', 'fanart', 'thumbnail', 'genre', 'displayartist', 'artist', 'genreid', 'musicbrainzalbumartistid', 'year', 'rating', 'artistid', 'musicbrainzalbumid', 'theme', 'description', 'type', 'style', 'playcount', 'albumlabel', 'mood', 'dateadded']}, 'jsonrpc': '2.0', 'method': 'AudioLibrary.GetAlbums', 'id': 1}
2019-05-30 14:49:31.994 T:38652   ERROR: CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/c/ccd20aab.jpg

EDIT: I figured out the problem, the above "array element at index 6" was a FIELD called "genreID" in kodi_constants.py (inside metadatautils). As it would turn out the MyMusic72.db has no genreid column of data that I can find. Deleting the reference in kodi_constants.py fixes my issue. I am still not sure why one install of skin.helper.service had this called out and the other did not. Possibly an old install that never got fixed for the metadatautils?
Cheers
(2019-05-30, 17:05)gates Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same need (separate anime show and "tv" show)
I've modded the script "service.library.data.provider" (https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Library_Data_Provider) and it works fine
My mod is not based on smart playlist. You have to edit the pyton file. But nothing too hard.
I can share you my mod

Gates 

If you could that'd be awesome.
(2019-05-31, 06:08)clackerdacker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-30, 17:05)gates Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same need (separate anime show and "tv" show)
I can share you my mod

Gates 

If you could that'd be awesome. 

I send it via PM
(2019-05-30, 22:12)Rychem28 Wrote: [ -> ]Skin Helper is still not gathering the duration and track data from the Kodi DB (MyMusic72.db). I looked in the DB and verified that the information is present. I tried doing a refresh on a number of albums and I get the following error. It would seem that it can't find the necessary entries in the Kodi DB. Am i correct to assume this or is this because no data is populated in the simplecache.db?

2019-05-30 14:49:31.711 T:40120  NOTICE: script.module.metadatautils --> get_artist_metadata --> artist: Xzibit - album: Restless - track:
2019-05-30 14:49:31.716 T:40120  NOTICE: script.module.metadatautils --> {"error":{"code":-32602,"data":{"method":"AudioLibrary.GetAlbums","stack":{"message":"array element at index 6 does not match","name":"Item.Fields.Base","property":{"message":"Received value does not match any of the defined enum values","type":"string"},"type":"array"}},"message":"Invalid params."},"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}
2019-05-30 14:49:31.716 T:40120  NOTICE: script.module.metadatautils --> {'params': {'filter': {'artistid': 1732}, 'properties': ['title', 'fanart', 'thumbnail', 'genre', 'displayartist', 'artist', 'genreid', 'musicbrainzalbumartistid', 'year', 'rating', 'artistid', 'musicbrainzalbumid', 'theme', 'description', 'type', 'style', 'playcount', 'albumlabel', 'mood', 'dateadded']}, 'jsonrpc': '2.0', 'method': 'AudioLibrary.GetAlbums', 'id': 1}
2019-05-30 14:49:31.734 T:40120  NOTICE: script.module.metadatautils --> {"error":{"code":-32602,"data":{"method":"AudioLibrary.GetAlbums","stack":{"message":"array element at index 6 does not match","name":"Item.Fields.Base","property":{"message":"Received value does not match any of the defined enum values","type":"string"},"type":"array"}},"message":"Invalid params."},"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}
2019-05-30 14:49:31.734 T:40120  NOTICE: script.module.metadatautils --> {'params': {'filter': {'and': [{'operator': 'contains', 'field': 'artist', 'value': u'Xzibit'}, {'operator': 'contains', 'field': 'album', 'value': u'Restless'}]}, 'properties': ['title', 'fanart', 'thumbnail', 'genre', 'displayartist', 'artist', 'genreid', 'musicbrainzalbumartistid', 'year', 'rating', 'artistid', 'musicbrainzalbumid', 'theme', 'description', 'type', 'style', 'playcount', 'albumlabel', 'mood', 'dateadded']}, 'jsonrpc': '2.0', 'method': 'AudioLibrary.GetAlbums', 'id': 1}
2019-05-30 14:49:31.994 T:38652   ERROR: CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/c/ccd20aab.jpg

EDIT: I figured out the problem, the above "array element at index 6" was a FIELD called "genreID" in kodi_constants.py (inside metadatautils). As it would turn out the MyMusic72.db has no genreid column of data that I can find. Deleting the reference in kodi_constants.py fixes my issue. I am still not sure why one install of skin.helper.service had this called out and the other did not. Possibly an old install that never got fixed for the metadatautils?
Cheers

This has been dealt with in this commit, not sure if that change is included in latest release in marcels' repo but it's not included in the SH from kodi official repo for sure.
https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...f3edc1aebf
(2019-06-05, 21:02)cartman.dos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-30, 22:12)Rychem28 Wrote: [ -> ]Skin Helper is still not gathering the duration and track data from the Kodi DB (MyMusic72.db). I looked in the DB and verified that the information is present. I tried doing a refresh on a number of albums and I get the following error. It would seem that it can't find the necessary entries in the Kodi DB. Am i correct to assume this or is this because no data is populated in the simplecache.db?

Cheers

This has been dealt with in this commit, not sure if that change is included in latest release in marcels' repo but it's not included in the SH from kodi official repo for sure.
https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...f3edc1aebf 

Thanks for the heads up, I had downloaded the latest revision from Marcel's repo (or so I thought), might take a look again to make sure that I did get it.
Cheers
Hi,

Is this possible to get the path of the items in movie sets ?
For example : SkinHelper.ListItem.X.Path

Thanks.
(2019-06-06, 22:37)vs65r Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thanks.

Check the wiki but I think not. But u can have it on a container and use container(Id).listitemabsolute(n).path
(2019-06-06, 23:57)cartman.dos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-06, 22:37)vs65r Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thanks.

Check the wiki but I think not. But u can have it on a container and use container(Id).listitemabsolute(n).path 
Hi,

Nothing in the wiki Sad

I will try.

Thanks.
Ok, I might be as thick as a whale omelette but I just can't figure out how to add a path to a widget defined via a skin.

I see in the code that you can add &tag= or &path= to a widget to filter on that, but skins don't allow you to choose them and I can't see how I can make use of this feature given no matter what XML I change it just does the base functionality. All I want to do is change 

xml:
plugin://script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=inprogressandrecommended&mediatype=episodes&reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload-episodes)]

to

xml:
plugin://script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=inprogressandrecommended&mediatype=episodes&path="nfs://192.168.0.69/mnt/user/TV (Other)/"&reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload-episodes)]

Can anyone point me in the right directionHuh
Hi there. Can @marcelveldt or anyone help me with the following problem:
I've been told that I could get help here because they told me that the skin helper scrip is used to sort movies in Kodi Aeon MQ 7. Well, my problem is... I've been trying to get movie sets that have prequels to be sorted before the original tittles instead of after. Is there a way to make the skin helper to organize by sort tittle instead of year? Because right now it's basing its sorting perimeters by date and year instead.

It not only happens in the animations

But the same happens with movie set description as well.

If you guys don't know, I hope you can point me to the right direction to where to ask for a solution for this.
(2019-06-08, 09:57)nomnom27 Wrote: [ -> ] Is there a way to make the skin helper to organize by sort tittle instead of year? Because right now it's basing its sorting perimeters by date and year instead.

Yes....but if you want to set all your sets by title you will have problem with all other sets.
https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...ils.py#L79

change in this
Code:
    movieset_movies = sorted(movieset['movies'], key=itemgetter("title"))