Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin helper service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How's the status for these scripts (same as skin shortcuts and other former Marcel Veldt scripts) concerning migration to python v3? Or are they already running fine under v3?
(2019-10-15, 16:55)Wuschel Wrote: [ -> ]How's the status for these scripts (same as skin shortcuts and other former Marcel Veldt scripts) concerning migration to python v3? Or are they already running fine under v3?

I can only comment on Skin Helper based on what I see on the forums - which is there are at least a couple of versions out there at present, with various fixes in each. I’m not aware, though, of any central place where development of this script is happening, nor if anyone is concentrating on Py3 compatibility.

I can comment more surely with Skin Shortcuts. @mikeSiLVO has stepped up to take on maintenance of this script, including a Py3 test branch (which most likely is going to have loads of unicode issues, which need identifying and help fixing) - see the relevant thread for details.

In both cases, though, as - I suspect - with other scripts Mercelveldt has developed or supported over the years … if people (users, scripters and skinners) want to see these scripts continue to be supported and improved, people are going to need to come together to update, test and improve these scripts in the best traditions of open source software.
Thank you for your reply! That sounds promising...

I'm asking here basically because I've taken over developement of a skin, but I'm not capable of coding besides the xml skin coding "language". So, helping with Python 3 compatability is not something I can do (at least atm), but I'm interested to see how the future of very useful skin functionaility addons looks.
No one is maintaining or porting this addon at the moment.

Alternative:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=345471

But it doesn't work on Matrix Windows builds yet, because of a missing dependency.
Can you help with this code to set local country to Australia (12H). I'm not sure what I'm dong wrong:
Code:
<control type="button" id="111">
                <description>Australia (12h)</description>
                <top>900</top>
                <height>75</height>
                <left>200</left>
                <width>600</width>
                <onright>101</onright>
                <onleft>100</onleft>
                <align>center</align>
                <label>Australia (12h)</label>
                <font>font37</font>
                 <focusedcolor>white</focusedcolor>
                <textcolor>gray</textcolor>
                <texturefocus colordiffuse="AA8C46B9">lists/focus.png</texturefocus>
                <texturenofocus />
                <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=togglekodisetting,setting=locale.country,value=Australia (12h))</onclick>

</control>
As mentioned above -> The script is not maintained anymore.

It works by using my helper script with this command:
Code:
RunScript(script.embuary.helper,action=setkodisetting,setting=locale.country,value=Australia (12h))
Does your helper script offer the same functionality and can it more or less replace the skin helper script without much work - including the functionality of the skinshortcuts script that works closely with the skin helper script?

It would make your script indeed interesting for the longterm, if the skin helper script is not maintained anymore.
No, it's totally different but has a lot of functions that this one is providing, too. The main difference is, that I haven't added any real time monitoring/fetching of external online data because of speed penalty reasons. If that is really required @jurialmunkey created an awesome plugin that can be used for skin hacks to get those.

Wiki
https://github.com/sualfred/script.embuary.helper/wiki
Hi guys,
I try to change the colors od a grid skin. The color palette is quite limited, and when I manually enter hex i just get grey... am I doing something wrong?
Was there a recent update to SHS?

I use it for an alphabet scroll bar in my media library menus and suddenly that has stopped working. I haven't updated anything to Kodi (using 18.0) and this worked just the other day. Only thing I can think of is a SKS update that changed something that no longer jives with the string I am using for the scrollbar.

Cheers!
(2019-12-14, 17:11)K0D1User1138 Wrote: [ -> ]Was there a recent update to SHS?
The recent update script.module.arrow-0.12.1.zip seems to kill SHS, rolling back to script.module.arrow-0.10.0.zip will have you back in business.
(2019-12-14, 21:34)arisimo Wrote: [ -> ]
The recent update script.module.arrow-0.12.1.zip seems to kill SHS, rolling back to script.module.arrow-0.10.0.zip will have you back in business.

Thanks for that! Whatever update was made to Arrow caused errors with both SHS and TV Upnext. Hopefully they will fix Arrow...
(2019-12-14, 21:34)arisimo Wrote: [ -> ]
Thanks for the info! Was this something that was automatically updated and will again possibly causing the same issue?
(2019-12-14, 23:51)K0D1User1138 Wrote: [ -> ]Was this something that was automatically updated and will again possibly causing the same issue?

Are your add-ons updated automatically? Then that is likely the case.
Turn it off it you don't want auto-updates in general.
(2019-12-14, 23:51)K0D1User1138 Wrote: [ -> ]Was this something that was automatically updated and will again possibly causing the same issue? 

Turn off auto-updates as Klojum says, I have them disabled and the only updates I had done in the day before SHS broke was arrow, dateutil, and six.That made it easy enough to rollback all three and install one at a time until SHS stopped working.