Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin helper service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-10-03, 16:41)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-03, 07:14)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@marcelveldt -- it seems like NextEpisodes widget is not passing through ListItem.Art(fanart)

Shouldn't that be ListItem.Art(tvshow.fanart) ?
No I don't think so. Art(fanart) works for anything else with content set as episodes including episode widgets provided by library data provider and smart playlists. Seems really strange to only need to use it for next episodes and nothing else
(2015-10-04, 00:00)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]No I don't think so. Art(fanart) works for anything else with content set as episodes including episode widgets provided by library data provider and smart playlists. Seems really strange to only need to use it for next episodes and nothing else
Hmm, that's what's in the Kodi documentation and what is returned by the json output.
Anyway, I've added the fanart as ListItem.Art(fanart) now. Please test latest Git if it's okay now.
(2015-10-04, 01:02)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-04, 00:00)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]No I don't think so. Art(fanart) works for anything else with content set as episodes including episode widgets provided by library data provider and smart playlists. Seems really strange to only need to use it for next episodes and nothing else
Hmm, that's what's in the Kodi documentation and what is returned by the json output.
Anyway, I've added the fanart as ListItem.Art(fanart) now. Please test latest Git if it's okay now.

Working great, thanks! Smile

I saw that in the documentation. I think it might be like ListItem.Icon and ListItem.Art(tvshow.poster) -- i.e. you can set individual art for the item (e.g. season poster/fanart) so you need a way to get parent container Art also.
(2015-10-03, 16:36)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-03, 12:14)guido1138 Wrote: [ -> ]I worked around this by explicity using a PIL.Image function to check it's working
Could you perhaps make a similar change? Otherwise, all else is good.

Thanks for this, I had to code that blind because I have no FTV device.
Fix is on Git.

Thanks for the update -- I've confirmed working as expected. Skin.Helper has a high "multiplier effect" so best to get these things right! BTW, I'm also seeing this in my logs, but didn't want to confuse my original post:
Code:
ERROR: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/ColorPicker.py:36: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
                                              xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog.__init__(self, *args, **kwargs)
Can you scrap images from the movie and tv shows database. Like the matrix was on live tv and I have all the artwork already in my movies folder eg. Disk, logo, thumbs, posters and extrafanart ect. Or is there a way to show custom images
(2015-10-04, 13:24)Rjsachse Wrote: [ -> ]Can you scrap images from the movie and tv shows database. Like the matrix was on live tv and I have all the artwork already in my movies folder eg. Disk, logo, thumbs, posters and extrafanart ect. Or is there a way to show custom images or use the movie database api for tv show artwork.

That's already in the script for live tv.... See documentation for the pvr thumbs function. It first queries the local db for artwork, if none found it will query tmdb and as a last resort google
Sorry didn't think it looked in your movie and tv show database. Is it imbd or tmbd? Read me stats imdb sorry for my confusion. Ok i will have to make sure the code right and check again. Thanks.
Can you have a custom artwork folder like studio folder or does it have to already exists in the db
http://pastebin.com/pf34FdpD

Marcel, some user reset the skin to defaults, and all the menus are gone, the skin does not load them.
ive looked in his log, and the only line about skinshortcuts\skin helper is the line in the log above ^.
after reload kodi - still, no menus. full log in PM

Edit:
he had so many problems, so I told him to reinstall all,
I think the missing menus is connects with my recent skin update, which I changed name for the included files, and kodi had a problem with it... so maybe its my fault.
but still take a look in the log please, maybe something is still need some fixing.
Marcel ,this will be nice to include Poster , like you do for thumb.

It will be nice to add this ,for use in all windows
PHP Code:
        <imagepath>plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getposter&amp;path=$INFO[VideoPlayer.Title] $INFO[VideoPlayer.ChannelName]</imagepath> 

This code dont work in Dialog Full screen info
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.PVR.Poster)]
$INFO[VideoPlayer.Property(SkinHelper.PVR.Poster)]
$INFO[VideoPlayer(Poster)]
$INFO[VideoPlayer.Poster]
$INFO[VideoPlayer.Art(Poster)]

What code is for showing Poster in dialog ?

Please help me to solve this puzzle Smile
(2015-10-03, 02:47)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-02, 21:55)im85288 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks just checked and for me it is not working, at first I thought it was because you only added it for movie sets cast...so I changed that locally and tested but still no luck. I'll continue to have a look. I also spotted a unicode error for the critic consensus.

Now fixed on Git. Also fixed that Tomato unicode error

Sorry this is still not working for me, I checked the code and noticed the following

Code:
path="plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=launch&path=" + url

However looking into default.py I cannot see a "Launch" action defined. Could it be that this was not synced?
Marcel,
I'm running Skin Helper Service 0.0.22 with Eminence 2, and noticed the following log file error
Code:
ERROR: unmatched parentheses in IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(DBID)

which could be related to a typo in addon.xml, line 19:
Code:
<visible>Container.Content(episodes) +
[!Substring(Container.FolderPath,videodb://tvshows/titles,left) | Substring(Container.FolderPath,xsp=)] +
[[!IsEmpty(ListItem.DBID) + !StringCompare(ListItem.DBID,-1)] | !IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(DBID)]</visible>
This is a beta and changing all the time please download the latest from github

EDIT* Sorry just noticed you do have the latest git
(2015-10-05, 09:38)guido1138 Wrote: [ -> ]Marcel,
I'm running Skin Helper Service 0.0.22 with Eminence 2, and noticed the following log file error
Code:
ERROR: unmatched parentheses in IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(DBID)

which could be related to a typo in addon.xml, line 19:
Code:
<visible>Container.Content(episodes) +
[!Substring(Container.FolderPath,videodb://tvshows/titles,left) | Substring(Container.FolderPath,xsp=)] +
[[!IsEmpty(ListItem.DBID) + !StringCompare(ListItem.DBID,-1)] | !IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(DBID)]</visible>

I don't think it is related to that as that code is perfectly fine ;-). Must be a typo in the skin code.
(2015-10-04, 15:49)im85288 Wrote: [ -> ][quote='marcelveldt' pid='2121932' dateline='1443833249']
Sorry this is still not working for me, I checked the code and noticed the following

Code:
path="plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=launch&path=" + url

However looking into default.py I cannot see a "Launch" action defined. Could it be that this was not synced?

It's working fine for me.... How are you testing it ?
BTW: that launch action isn't in default.py but in plugin.py ;-)
Backup\restore problem,
some user is trying to use it, but some icons\backgrounds are missing after restore.
full log:
http://pastebin.com/E71qRjKU
all the errors about the Label formatiing, is not from my skin, I search those vars in my entire kodi folder, and I found them in:
Code:
AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.titanskin.helpers\migration.py (1 hit)
Line 523:             contents = contents.replace("$VAR[InprogressTVseriesButtonThumb]","$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.InProgressShowsBackground)]")
do you need some other details? the backup file maybe?

edit:
Icon Path:
C:\Users\moshiko.DANORSBS\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\Design\ICONS\kids6.png
BG Path:
C:\Users\moshiko.DANORSBS\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\Design\NEW_BG\yeldudes\Kids.jpg
it seems that after the restore, the bg path is only "kids.jpg" for some reason... about the icon I don't know...