Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin helper service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-10-11, 02:41)Rjsachse Wrote: [ -> ]OMG! Now that will be perfect, a combination of 1 and 2. Yes I think logo's and banners ect as well then this will bridge the gap and make pvr look like the rest of kodi.

The way I was doing it within the skin was k:\Recorded TV listitem.foldername poster.jpg If I used listitem.folderpath live pvr recordings wouldn't show the image.

I hope this makes sense and helps if not sorry I am walking and typing on my phone (hard to write code snippets)

First attempt is now on Git. it will save the thumbs to the addon_data folder for the script.
Next step will be to only download thumbs for recordings and allow a custom path 9and pickup existing images)
Hey Marcel, the restore\backup is still having problems.
The missing icon I was previously reported is OK now, but others are missing now. (3 total)
I saw in the zip some:
skin.phenomenal-thumb- .jpg
files.
Check it out please?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8R_P39...sp=sharing
(2015-10-11, 02:41)Rjsachse Wrote: [ -> ]OMG! Now that will be perfect, a combination of 1 and 2. Yes I think logo's and banners ect as well then this will bridge the gap and make pvr look like the rest of kodi.

The way I was doing it within the skin was k:\Recorded TV listitem.foldername poster.jpg If I used listitem.folderpath live pvr recordings wouldn't show the image.

I hope this makes sense and helps if not sorry I am walking and typing on my phone (hard to write code snippets)

Can you please test the latest Git ?
It has extended features for the PVR thumbs:

- in the addon settings for the script you can finetune the settings, such as setting up where to scrape the images, custom paths etc.
- artwork retrieval from fanart.tv added so it will now also scrape clearlogo, banner etc.
(2015-10-11, 15:28)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Marcel, the restore\backup is still having problems.
The missing icon I was previously reported is OK now, but others are missing now. (3 total)
I saw in the zip some:
skin.phenomenal-thumb- .jpg
files.
Check it out please?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8R_P39...sp=sharing

This is fixed in latest Git version.
Hi Marcel, a user of my skin has reported the following script error:
Code:
11:01:25 T:4603756544   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/kentleigh/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/plugin.py", line 95, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/Users/kentleigh/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/plugin.py", line 69, in __init__
                                                getWidgets(path)
                                              File "/Users/kentleigh/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/PluginContent.py", line 285, in getWidgets
                                                allWidgets = buildWidgetsListing()
                                              File "/Users/kentleigh/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/PluginContent.py", line 193, in buildWidgetsListing
                                                type, image = detectPluginContent(item["file"], False)
                                              File "/Users/kentleigh/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/Utils.py", line 407, in detectPluginContent
                                                if item["type"] == "artist" or item["artist"][0] == item["title"]:
                                            IndexError: list index out of range

If you need more details please let me know.
@im85288 I think that's from a (very) old version of the script. Can you ask him to update to latest Git? I will publish stable version to Kodi repo shortly btw
(2015-10-11, 17:47)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please test the latest Git ?
It has extended features for the PVR thumbs:

- in the addon settings for the script you can finetune the settings, such as setting up where to scrape the images, custom paths etc.
- artwork retrieval from fanart.tv added so it will now also scrape clearlogo, banner etc.
For me working all artwork Smile

Log is write all info,button to disable this info will be welcome.Also new button in settings to clear all folder in userdata\addon_data\script.skin.helper.service\pvrthumbs\ ,for machine with low of data space

See why dont always download (banner,logo,clearart & landscape) , for excample:
Transformers Age Of Extinction he download three images (Poster,Fanart & Thumb),strange but this Movie have all artwork

Great new info....continue.
(2015-10-11, 19:19)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]Log is write all info,button to disable this info will be welcome.Also new button in settings to clear all folder in userdata\addon_data\script.skin.helper.service\pvrthumbs\ ,for machine with low of data space

See why dont always download (banner,logo,clearart & landscape) , for excample:
Transformers Age Of Extinction he download three images (Poster,Fanart & Thumb),strange but this Movie have all artwork

I was still working on that, see latest Git, should be fixed now.
I don't know why you're missing artwork, perhaps I forgot a few properties... I'll look into it.

EDIT: yep, I forgot a few properties.. They're now added.
Same ,missing for some movies logo,clearart...

New error when clear cache from settings

PHP Code:
20:42:48 T:2820   ERROREXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - 
NOTEIGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>

Error Contents'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc4 in position 12: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Bane\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service-master\default.py", line 154, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\Bane\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service-master\default.py", line 125, in __init__
                                                dirs2, files2 = xbmcvfs.listdir(os.path.join(path,dir))
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\ntpath.py", line 84, in join
                                                result_path = result_path + p_path
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: '
ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc4 in position 12ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->
End of Python script error report<--
20:42:52 T:6120  NOTICEThread JobWorker startauto deletetrue 

Edit:
I just look at site
https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/4614-ncis/posters
This poster is not from this site,TMDb ...
When I have banner logo or clearart ,poster is not from TMDb ( I cant see more info with Extended script).poster is from
PHP Code:
else:

url 'http://webservice.fanart.tv/v3/tv/%s?api_key=%s' %(id,api_key

Site TMDBd doesent have Logo,ClearArt,Landsape,Banner this info you must find on other place (leave Poster and Fanart from TMDb,but rest of artwork set from other places)
like https://fanart.tv/
(2015-10-11, 20:46)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]Same ,missing for some movies logo,clearart...

New error when clear cache from settings
Site TMDBd doesent have Logo,ClearArt,Landsape,Banner this info you must find on other place (leave Poster and Fanart from TMDb,but rest of artwork set from other places)
like https://fanart.tv/

The error is now fixed on Git.

Please clear the cache first before you retry, the script won't download any new images if an entry is already in the cache.
Images are retrieved from fanart.tv (see addon settings)... TMDB images are used as a fallback (only poster and fanart).
Uninstall script.skin.helper.service
Manual clear folder userdata\addon_data\script.skin.helper.service
Install new from git,tray to see info ,same as before.
I Clear cache from settings,and All folder from userdata\addon_data\script.skin.helper.service was delete.Afther that Script didnt work.
All empty Poster and thumb.....
Afther reset Kodi folder apears in his place and working OK.

I dont think that TMDB images are used as a fallback ,when disable with radio button "Use TMDB for Lookups" automatic radio button "Use extended images from fanart" set OFF.I can Set only Extended Images from Fanart to ON.
Primari script use info from TMDb for extended not from Fanart.tv...

this is good excample:

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/340200-...n-the-life
doesent have poster (images is with Extended script,who take all info from TMDb)

With your script I have all artwork

Ithink that your script watching TMDb and if doesent have images then search on Fanart.tv.
This images from two site can download at the same time for one info....
Maybe fanart is first,and TMDb is second ,and he owerwrite all info from first.....just maybe :-)
Sorry marcel I will be doing some testing today. Yesterday was a big day in Australia with the biggest motor sport event.
(2015-10-11, 23:11)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]Ithink that your script watching TMDb and if doesent have images then search on Fanart.tv.
This images from two site can download at the same time for one info....
Maybe fanart is first,and TMDb is second ,and he owerwrite all info from first.....just maybe :-)

The script uses Fanart.tv as primary source for the images (unless it's disabled in the settings) and if there's no poster/fanart on fanart.tv it will fallback to TMDB. From my understanding fanart.tv provides better quality artwork than TMDB so I've made fanart.tv the preferred option.

Hmmm, now did some testing myself and it appears to be working correctly for tvshows but for movies the content isn't retrieved from fanart.tv
Will fix it
Hi Marcel,

I was just looking over the docs and noticed the Music library window properties.

Quote "Some additional window properties that can be used in the music library."

Any chance these artwork choices could be used on the home screen in widgets?
Ok seems to be working great besides when you go to pvrthumbs and change a artwork it still show the old one. Do I then have to find and delete the old thumbnail?

I love the addon config settings of what and where to grab artwork.