Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin helper service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-10-17, 00:46)Rjsachse Wrote: [ -> ]Was thinking that would be the case. Can you on the skinning side create screensaver. Thought it had to be a addon for kodi to use it. I only mentioned it here because of all your work with artwork.

Was thinking it would be good to have skinhelper.pvrbackground.grid ect...

OK, I started playing a bit by doing this purely with python code...
As a test there are now additional backgrounds available:

SkinHelper.AllMoviesBackground.Wall --> movies background wall
SkinHelper.AllMusicBackground.Wall --> music background wall

These are also selectable in skin shortcuts (if you use the integration).

This is just for test, if it works okay I can add more or enhance it a bit.
Don't know much about python yet! But learning. I have seen through google search something about "divmod ()" and "tkinter" To make grid images. Like I said I don't know much about python.

I think it would be good. A good way of showing all of your own artwork of your collection.
I forgot about "Wall View" I will test when I can.
Hey, Ive tested the wall bg option, Its look nice.. (but I think that it can be improved..)
one example is the duplicated tiles, I have tons of movies - and it shows me a lot of duplicates tiles:
http://i.imgur.com/KxrHPlz.jpg
I think you need to use duplicates only if movies library has less then X tiles (X= number of tiles in your grid)
(2015-10-17, 13:38)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, Ive tested the wall bg option, Its look nice.. (but I think that it can be improved..)
one example is the duplicated tiles, I have tons of movies - and it shows me a lot of duplicates tiles:
http://i.imgur.com/KxrHPlz.jpg
I think you need to use duplicates only if movies library has less then X tiles (X= number of tiles in your grid)

It is completely randomly selected from the library. I will try to see if I can prevent duplicates but that will possibly make the code slower.
Also note that the background is changing (just like the normal fanart backgrounds)...

Can you keep an eye on it while it changes to see if it does indeed have the same backgrounds a lot ?

BTW: Just updated the script, made the black and white optional and also added music albums grid (squares)
mm I did tested it, and still it seems to be a lot of duplicated tiles. In my current test pc I have 500 movies, and you show 64 movies each update, so if you are using random movies, there is a huge chance of duplicate tiles...
but Its your decision to make..
Anyway, I don't know what about other skinners, but In my opinion, in order that user will actually use that as their background, it has to be with more "3d" look, or more cool alignment.. some examples:
http://imgur.com/a/46spU

I know it can be a lot of coding work, but i'm just saying my opinion. anyway - Huge thanks about your work.
and forgive me about my poor photoshop skills, but I made this:
http://i.imgur.com/P9KQdxQ.jpg
would it be helpful ?
(this is how it looks like with one fanart: http://i.imgur.com/EBp4PSf.jpg )
(2015-10-17, 15:41)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]and forgive me about my poor photoshop skills, but I made this:
http://i.imgur.com/P9KQdxQ.jpg
would it be helpful ?
(this is how it looks like with one fanart: http://i.imgur.com/EBp4PSf.jpg )

The current wall images is just a first attempt with a few lines of python code. Next week when I have some more time I will take a look at creating some more advanced wall images.
@marcelveldt, using today jarvis nightlies, I have error script

Code:
13:53:36 T:10944  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:53:36 T:8332   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\plugin.py", line 95, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\plugin.py", line 69, in __init__
                                                getWidgets(path)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\PluginContent.py", line 284, in getWidgets
                                                allWidgets = buildWidgetsListing()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\PluginContent.py", line 192, in buildWidgetsListing
                                                type, image = detectPluginContent(item["file"], False)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\Utils.py", line 434, in detectPluginContent
                                                if item["type"] == "artist" or item["artist"][0] == item["title"]:
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
13:53:37 T:14580   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=widgets
(2015-10-17, 18:59)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]@marcelveldt, using today jarvis nightlies, I have error script

Code:
13:53:36 T:10944  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--

13:53:36 T:8332   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--

- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>

Error Contents: list index out of range

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\plugin.py", line 95, in <module>

Main()

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\plugin.py", line 69, in __init__

getWidgets(path)

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\PluginContent.py", line 284, in getWidgets

allWidgets = buildWidgetsListing()

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\PluginContent.py", line 192, in buildWidgetsListing

type, image = detectPluginContent(item["file"], False)

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\Utils.py", line 434, in detectPluginContent

if item["type"] == "artist" or item["artist"][0] == item["title"]:

IndexError: list index out of range

-->End of Python script error report<--

13:53:37 T:14580   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=widgets

Can you try if the latest Git fixes this issue?
Yes, same error with latest script, get on drive 1 hour ago.
(2015-10-17, 21:10)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, same error with latest script, get on drive 1 hour ago.

Ok thanks, I'll take a look tonight
Wow I am loving random wall art. It's looking promising.

Did you know with jarvis you can have animated poster art. So *.gif can be used too. I think for fanart too. Maybe all artwork.
(2015-10-17, 14:26)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]mm I did tested it, and still it seems to be a lot of duplicated tiles. In my current test pc I have 500 movies, and you show 64 movies each update, so if you are using random movies, there is a huge chance of duplicate tiles...
but Its your decision to make..
Anyway, I don't know what about other skinners, but In my opinion, in order that user will actually use that as their background, it has to be with more "3d" look, or more cool alignment.. some examples:
http://imgur.com/a/46spU

I know it can be a lot of coding work, but i'm just saying my opinion. anyway - Huge thanks about your work.

I think with this script and some animation code something like this is easy possible.

You could do a pan and scan view or pan and zoom.
It is just the start and remember this is just a beta. Wait to other Skinners start using it and see what they come up with.
(2015-10-17, 21:10)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, same error with latest script, get on drive 1 hour ago.
It should now be fixed on Git. Can you please test ?