Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin helper service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-10-25, 17:56)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-25, 11:24)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]the user with the erros updated to latest git, and still no luck:
http://xbmclogs.com/pgmxzblxt#line-1030
(line 1030)

OK, but this is with restore, you told me the problem was with backup...
Is the backup working fine and only problem in restore ? I'll take a look at that.
Also tell this user to clean up his Kodi install. His log is so full of errors that you almost can not read anything from it.

Actually I said "restore" and not backup, but nevermind.. the backup is fine.
mm yeah, he is also try to restore an old backup file with some old and buggy stuff and I already recommend him to throw his pc out of the window or something lol.. tons of errors.
I just though that for testing it doesn't really matter..
let me know when you push a fix to that restore problem, ill update it. 10x a lot.
(2015-10-25, 14:26)wyrm Wrote: [ -> ]First, you don't have a recommended Albums/Songs widget, you do on the other hand have various Recentxxx Albums/Songs which is great. Second, all of the Recentxxx Album/Songs widgets takes the user to the album listing instead of playing the songs as service.library.data.provider does.

Could we please have a widget for recommended Albums/Songs and could we also get an additional parameter to select if songs are played or displayed.

The albums widgets will now default to play instead of browse (with optional param to override)
Also added recommended albums and songs widgets.
Note that the first load can take a while as it needs to build a cache. After that it will be quick.
See updated readme
(2015-10-24, 17:29)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-24, 17:16)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a few suggestions for new shortcuts:
- Live-TV-widget 1: Favourite Channels
Here the User can setup different channels from different grous and play them after selecting
- Live-TV-widget 2: Last recordings
display the last X recordings and show the info (date recorded, channel, EPG-entry etc.)
- Live-TV-widget 3: ChannelGroup selection
display the ChannelGroups and open it after selecting.

This is the correct thread ;-)

1) How should this work ? Add a channel to the Kodi favourites and the widget just shows all channels that are added to the favourites ?

2) The recordings widget provided by this script already does this...

3) I'll add this one later today or tomorrow.

Regarding number 3... I tried to add a channel groups widget but it's useless. Kodi won't let you navigate to a channel group directly (at least, as far as I can see)...
(2015-10-25, 18:44)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I said "restore" and not backup, but nevermind.. the backup is fine.
mm yeah, he is also try to restore an old backup file with some old and buggy stuff and I already recommend him to throw his pc out of the window or something lol.. tons of errors.
let me know when you push a fix to that restore problem, ill update it. 10x a lot.

Please check latest Git if the restore works as expected.
(2015-10-26, 02:48)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-25, 14:26)wyrm Wrote: [ -> ]First, you don't have a recommended Albums/Songs widget, you do on the other hand have various Recentxxx Albums/Songs which is great. Second, all of the Recentxxx Album/Songs widgets takes the user to the album listing instead of playing the songs as service.library.data.provider does.

Could we please have a widget for recommended Albums/Songs and could we also get an additional parameter to select if songs are played or displayed.

The albums widgets will now default to play instead of browse (with optional param to override)
Also added recommended albums and songs widgets.
Note that the first load can take a while as it needs to build a cache. After that it will be quick.
See updated readme

Marcel,

Just tested it and it works perfectly. Good job, thanks mate.

Wyrm (AppTV)
(2015-10-26, 03:41)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-25, 18:44)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I said "restore" and not backup, but nevermind.. the backup is fine.

Please check latest Git if the restore works as expected.

no luck for him
http://xbmclogs.com/pfnrpagye#line-1371
line 1371
let me know if you want him to make a fresh install of kodi or something.
(2015-10-26, 10:48)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]no luck for him
line 1371

OK, one more attempt. Please try latest Git. I just tried on both windows and android with unicode filenames and working good.
(2015-10-23, 14:41)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-23, 14:37)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the feedback.
Probably not, but I will get it now. I presume all existing artwork downloaded already is retained in the userdata folder when upgrading to latest version?

Yes, it will always reuse any existing artwork...
Hi Marcel,
So I upgraded to the latest github and can now add new/overwright existing images ok, but I am seeing some other odd behaviour since upgrading. Everytime I open Kodi and go to the pvr epg, I don't get any artwork showing. However, if I go to addons, open the configure screen on your script and press okay, then go back to the pvr epg, all the artwork is showing immediately.

Also, I'm not getting poster artwork showing up for every programme that has been downloaded when using it with the DialogFullScreenInfo.xml file. What's strange is I get poster artwork for some shows, but not for others for some reason. This is the code, I'm using, which worked fine on the previous version of your script that I was using:-
PHP Code:
<texture fallback="new_pvr/blue/fallback/fallback_tvposter.png">http://localhost:8888/getthumb&title=$INFO[VideoPlayer.Title]&amp;channel=$INFO[VideoPlayer.Channel]&amp;type=poster</texture> 

Is there anything I need to change on this code?
(2015-10-26, 16:36)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ]So I upgraded to the latest github and can now add new/overwright existing images ok, but I am seeing some other odd behaviour since upgrading. Everytime I open Kodi and go to the pvr epg, I don't get any artwork showing. However, if I go to addons, open the configure screen on your script and press okay, then go back to the pvr epg, all the artwork is showing immediately.
It might be (but I haven't tested it) that it will only start working when you browse the epg. Did you try to move to the next title to see if it pulls the artwork ? If not, please look in your kodi logfile, might be some clue in there...

(2015-10-26, 16:36)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I'm not getting poster artwork showing up for every programme that has been downloaded when using it with the DialogFullScreenInfo.xml file. What's strange is I get poster artwork for some shows, but not for others for some reason. This is the code, I'm using, which worked fine on the previous version of your script that I was using:-
PHP Code:
<texture fallback="new_pvr/blue/fallback/fallback_tvposter.png">http://localhost:8888/getthumb&title=$INFO[VideoPlayer.Title]&amp;channel=$INFO[VideoPlayer.Channel]&amp;type=poster</texture> 

Please change the port to 52307, so localhost:52307 instead of localhost:8888. I had to change the port to something that really shouldn't be in use on the system.
(2015-10-26, 17:03)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-26, 16:36)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ]So I upgraded to the latest github and can now add new/overwright existing images ok, but I am seeing some other odd behaviour since upgrading. Everytime I open Kodi and go to the pvr epg, I don't get any artwork showing. However, if I go to addons, open the configure screen on your script and press okay, then go back to the pvr epg, all the artwork is showing immediately.
It might be (but I haven't tested it) that it will only start working when you browse the epg. Did you try to move to the next title to see if it pulls the artwork ? If not, please look in your kodi logfile, might be some clue in there...

(2015-10-26, 16:36)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I'm not getting poster artwork showing up for every programme that has been downloaded when using it with the DialogFullScreenInfo.xml file. What's strange is I get poster artwork for some shows, but not for others for some reason. This is the code, I'm using, which worked fine on the previous version of your script that I was using:-
PHP Code:

Please change the port to 52307, so localhost:52307 instead of localhost:8888. I had to change the port to something that really shouldn't be in use on the system.

Yeah, I tried next title, but no difference. In fact, I moved down the epg completely, but still not showing anything until I go to your script settings and then back to the epg. I did wonder if might have something to do with me not having the creation of wall/grid backgrounds enabled, as there is no requirement for me to use this feature? I know when I had that option initially enabled I wouldn't get any artwork showing in the epg, full-stop, even when I went to your addon settings screen and then back to the epg, but I will check the logfile and see if anything immediately shows up.....

Thanks, I add localhost:52307 to code, but still didn't work at first. But then I read something the other day, which I think you might have missed as I change the bit that says 'getthumb' to 'getpvrthumb' and all is working again now from what I tested so far.....Smile

Thanks for your help

Edit: Same behaviour is happening when artwork is working in epg, but then I come out of that screen, go to another section like movie/tv show library for instance, then return to epg, no artwork shows up again, unless I go to your script settings screen.....
(2015-10-26, 02:50)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-24, 17:29)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-24, 17:16)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a few suggestions for new shortcuts:
- Live-TV-widget 1: Favourite Channels
Here the User can setup different channels from different grous and play them after selecting
- Live-TV-widget 2: Last recordings
display the last X recordings and show the info (date recorded, channel, EPG-entry etc.)
- Live-TV-widget 3: ChannelGroup selection

This is the correct thread ;-)

1) How should this work ? Add a channel to the Kodi favourites and the widget just shows all channels that are added to the favourites ?

2) The recordings widget provided by this script already does this...

3) I'll add this one later today or tomorrow.

Regarding number 3... I tried to add a channel groups widget but it's useless. Kodi won't let you navigate to a channel group directly (at least, as far as I can see)...
Thx for looking into it. I'm using the latest git from today and I can't get the "Channels" to work. There is always the loading icon (Aeon Nox SiLVO) and never a channel list.
I looked in the debug-log and there are no entries about skin.helper loading any channels.
(2015-10-26, 12:15)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-26, 10:48)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]no luck for him
line 1371

OK, one more attempt. Please try latest Git. I just tried on both windows and android with unicode filenames and working good.

still bro, no luck ;]
http://xbmclogs.com/ploeth7ne#line-2338
(2015-10-26, 02:50)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-24, 17:16)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]- Live-TV-widget 3: ChannelGroup selection

Don't regarding so quick Smile
Group widget working for me,but you must use your forced view and I sugested to create for your script windows for PVR.
When user open group from widget ,open in your view list (With all details) like all video list.....

(2015-10-26, 19:14)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]still bro, no luck ;]

%$^%$#^% damn differences between windows and unix on the filesystem.

Please try again with latest Git. This should really work, if not I'm out of options.
(2015-10-26, 21:41)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-26, 19:14)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]still bro, no luck ;]

%$^%$#^% damn differences between windows and unix on the filesystem.

Please try again with latest Git. This should really work, if not I'm out of options.

Finally after 735 comments I see some anger from you haha Wink
Confirmed fixed now. Huge thanks.