Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin helper service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-11-04, 05:36)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-03, 17:10)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-03, 09:09)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Looks like they are presorted by their color value? Any way to just display them sequentially from the colors.xml file?

Could you please check latest Git ? I've put in a small check to not presort the colors if the list is provided by the skin...
Latest git works great! Took me a while, but here's what I came up with. Thanks again!

Edit: One issue I had, I couldn't get the texturenofocus for the buttons to show up when customizing the skin.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2083918
Haha finally :]
Can I borrow it?
@tomer953

Have at it! Smile

Edit: Ha, that's the same image I used for the colors, though I found it via Google.
(2015-11-03, 17:10)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-03, 09:09)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Looks like they are presorted by their color value? Any way to just display them sequentially from the colors.xml file?

Could you please check latest Git ? I've put in a small check to not presort the colors if the list is provided by the skin...
Latest git works great! Took me a while, but here's what I came up with. Thanks again!

Edit: One issue I had, I couldn't get the texturenofocus for the buttons to show up when customizing the skin.

Nice, where can I have a look at the code and mind if I borrow some of it?

Thanks.
(2015-11-04, 05:36)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Latest git works great! Took me a while, but here's what I came up with. Thanks again!

Wow, impressive! That must have costed you some work creating it. Very nice.

What do you mean with the texturenofocus for the buttons ?
(2015-11-04, 10:46)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-03, 17:10)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]Could you please check latest Git ? I've put in a small check to not presort the colors if the list is provided by the skin...

Thanks.
It's in my Arctic Zephyr mod, you're welcome to use any of it. Here's the colors.xml.

https://github.com/bryanbrazil/skin.arct...ras/colors
(2015-11-04, 12:10)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-04, 05:36)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Latest git works great! Took me a while, but here's what I came up with. Thanks again!

Wow, impressive! That must have costed you some work creating it. Very nice.

What do you mean with the texturenofocus for the buttons ?
Yeah, at least a few hours to copy/paste the hex codes from a color table image. Used Excel to format the tags though, so that was quick and painless. Thanks again for the quick change to unsorted colors!

For some reason, I can't get the unfocused textures to show up for the save/none buttons. Haven't been able to figure it out yet, will test some more. Here's the dialog xml...

https://github.com/bryanbrazil/skin.arct...Picker.xml

Edit: Now I'm thinking the unfocused texture I'm using is probably just not very visible on the light dialog background. Please disregard until I test.

Edit 2: Yeah, I was using a texture that just didn't show up, all fixed.
Marcel I think you should use his layout as default for the helper
(2015-11-04, 16:56)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-04, 10:46)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ][quote='braz' pid='2150765' dateline='1446608205']

Thanks.
It's in my Arctic Zephyr mod, you're welcome to use any of it. Here's the colors.xml.

https://github.com/bryanbrazil/skin.arct...ras/colors
Many thanks.
HI I download zip file from marcelveldt installed it from zip file but can not find it.
where is it saving in Kodi please?

thank you
(2015-11-05, 19:02)adis007 Wrote: [ -> ]HI I download zip file from marcelveldt installed it from zip file but can not find it.
where is it saving in Kodi please?

thank you

in the addons folder...

the addon is also available on kodi repo so no more need to install manually unless you're testing the latest featrures (skinners only)
Hi marcel,

A little error in the music section

Code:
17:08:35 T:4356   ERROR: Skin Helper Service --> Error in plugin.py --> local variable 'song' referenced before assignment
17:08:35 T:4356   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
17:08:35 T:4356   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\danrach\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\plugin.py", line 123, in <module>
17:08:35 T:4356   ERROR:     Main()
17:08:35 T:4356   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\danrach\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\plugin.py", line 63, in __init__
17:08:35 T:4356   ERROR:     getRecentAlbums(limit,browse)
17:08:35 T:4356   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\danrach\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\PluginContent.py", line 540, in getRecentAlbums
17:08:35 T:4356   ERROR:     item["art"] = getMusicArtworkByDbId(item["albumid"], "albums")
17:08:35 T:4356   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\danrach\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\ArtworkUtils.py", line 805, in getMusicArtworkByDbId
17:08:35 T:4356   ERROR:     path = song.get("file")
17:08:35 T:4356   ERROR: UnboundLocalError: local variable 'song' referenced before assignment
17:08:35 T:4380   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=recentalbums&limit=100
Hi Marcelveldt,

its almost midnight here in Slovakia and maybe I am tired but cant find it on addon folder or kodi repo. could you please help?
(2015-11-05, 23:25)im85288 Wrote: [ -> ]A little error in the music section
Thanks for reporting. Now fixed on Git.
(2015-11-05, 23:40)adis007 Wrote: [ -> ]its almost midnight here in Slovakia and maybe I am tired but cant find it on addon folder or kodi repo. could you please help?

This is a helper addon, meant for skinners to include in their skins. Even if I will tell you where to find addons and the Kodi repo it will probably not help you. What is it why you're trying to install this addon manually ? If it is for a skin it will be installed automatically, no actions needed.
HI Marcelveldt

I wanted to change my view of IPTV simple client by following links here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238015

and they refer to this thread.

are you able to make some video tutorial please?