Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: skin helper service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if provided by helper (or smartish widgets), for In Progress Tv Shows, do/can we have an episodes unwatched count?

thanks
Is anyone else experiencing issues with PVR Thumbs? For the last few days (I think since Beta 1) they are not working for me.

The webservice getpvrthumb is also not returning any data.

Using the getthumb service works though with no issues.
(2015-11-26, 01:17)im85288 Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT - having re-read the readme it seems that it will only pick things up when the word color is in there, could you add colour to this list? Also is it fine with multiple dots?

Added colour to the list of phrases it will look for, check latest git. Multiple dots should be fine.
(2015-11-26, 17:13)im85288 Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone else experiencing issues with PVR Thumbs? For the last few days (I think since Beta 1) they are not working for me.

Check settings for this addon, default velue is to work only for Records and Timers.

version 1.0.19
radiobutton in settings PVR Artwork for Helper
Enable PVR artwork for Recordings/Timers only
(2015-11-26, 21:45)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-26, 17:13)im85288 Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone else experiencing issues with PVR Thumbs? For the last few days (I think since Beta 1) they are not working for me.

Check settings for this addon, default velue is to work only for Records and Timers.

version 1.0.19
radiobutton in settings PVR Artwork for Helper
Enable PVR artwork for Recordings/Timers only

Thank you, I will take a look at this. I really hope the default has not been changed to only work with recordings/timers as I use them extensively throughout my skin including the home screen channel widgets, info panel etc and advising users they would need to change that setting will be problematic.
Thanks Angelinas that got PVR artwork working again.

Marcel, can you reconsider this option being turned on by default? There already is the skin setting: SkinHelper.EnablePVRThumbs which should be enough. If not can you provide another setting so that skims can choose to turn this setting off?

Thanks
(2015-11-27, 01:56)im85288 Wrote: [ -> ]Marcel, can you reconsider this option being turned on by default? There already is the skin setting: SkinHelper.EnablePVRThumbs which should be

It was turned on by mistake.. I have already fixed it on Git.

Also a new stable version is going to be published to the Kodi repo this weekend.
Hi Marcel, I'm having getcast fails. Not sure about where it comes from but in almost all cases there's accented chars or special ones ?

Here's the log :
http://xbmclogs.com/pv5wiswdv

Thanks Smile
(2015-11-28, 14:20)Jayz2K Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Marcel, I'm having getcast fails. Not sure about where it comes from but in almost all cases there's accented chars or special ones ?

Here's the log :
http://xbmclogs.com/pv5wiswdv

Thanks Smile
Seems that using ListItem.DBID fixes it. However, much a request feature, it doesn't work at episode level. Any chance to get this ? Wink

Thx
Hi guys,

I know that this is a skinners forum (which I am not) but probably I could post kind of a bug here...

I observed that the script always wakes up my homeserver and tries to load a banner for an episode although I do not use those banners anywhere. This happens during the execution of the "Next Episodes" script which runs very slow on my system (Windows 8.1, Kodi 16 Beta 2, 61 TV Shows with ca. 2000 episodes, MySQL on Rasperry Pi). It takes up to 10 seconds before the widget Displays the next episodes.

Is there anything I can do? I do not want the homeserver to wake up every time I open the widget for the next episodes...

Cheers,
cicero22

Quote:20:17:43 T:3176 NOTICE: WakeOnAccess [192.168.1.2] trigged by accessing : smb://192.168.1.2/tv series/Suits/Suits.S05E09.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS-banner.jpg
Marcel
Have error when showing images for Cast in Home, As dynamic list for Movies.(same like @Jayz2K have but mine is for movies,and not unicode symbol)
PHP Code:
plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcast&movie=$INFO[Container(510).ListItem.Title] 
Script working and showing Images but have error in log.Can you fixed this error

PHP Code:
20:56:27 T:3216  NOTICESkin Helper Service --> Parameter string: ?action=getcast&movie=Despicable Me
:56:27 T:3216 WARNINGXFILE::CDirectoryFactory::Create unsupported protocol(imagein image://http%3a%2f%2fia.media-imdb.com%2fimages%2fM%2fMV5BMjAzMjkzNzA0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzMyNjU3MQ%40%40._V1_SX1024_SY1024_.jpg/
20:56:27 T:3216   ERRORXFILE::CDirectory::Exists Error checking for image://http%3a%2f%2fia.media-imdb.com%2fimages%2fM%2fMV5BMjAzMjkzNzA0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzMyNjU3MQ%40%40._V1_SX1024_SY1024_.jpg/
20:56:27 T:3216 WARNINGXFILE::CDirectoryFactory::Create unsupported protocol(imagein image://http%3a%2f%2fia.media-imdb.com%2fimages%2fM%2fMV5BMTUwNzcxNzM1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzA5NzU4MjE%40._V1_SX1024_SY1024_.jpg/
20:56:27 T:3216   ERRORXFILE::CDirectory::Exists Error checking for image://http%3a%2f%2fia.media-imdb.com%2fimages%2fM%2fMV5BMTUwNzcxNzM1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzA5NzU4MjE%40._V1_SX1024_SY1024_.jpg/ 
(2015-11-30, 22:14)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]Script working and showing Images but have error in log.Can you fixed this error

Should now be fixed on Git, please test.
(2015-11-29, 00:34)Jayz2K Wrote: [ -> ]Seems that using ListItem.DBID fixes it. However, much a request feature, it doesn't work at episode level. Any chance to get this ? Wink

I fixed the unicode issue on Git. Also added episode paramter to get the cast on episode level.
(2015-12-01, 20:47)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-29, 00:34)Jayz2K Wrote: [ -> ]Seems that using ListItem.DBID fixes it. However, much a request feature, it doesn't work at episode level. Any chance to get this ? Wink

I fixed the unicode issue on Git. Also added episode paramter to get the cast on episode level.
Excellent, thanks a lot Smile
(2015-11-29, 21:35)cicero22 Wrote: [ -> ]I observed that the script always wakes up my homeserver and tries to load a banner for an episode although I do not use those banners anywhere. This happens during the execution of the "Next Episodes" script which runs very slow on my system (Windows 8.1, Kodi 16 Beta 2, 61 TV Shows with ca. 2000 episodes, MySQL on Rasperry Pi). It takes up to 10 seconds before the widget Displays the next episodes.
Is there anything I can do? I do not want the homeserver to wake up every time I open the widget for the next episodes...

I looked at the code and this script is not doing that but the skin is.
A good widget implementation should have all widgets loaded in the background (with visibility) conditions.
This will prevent the widget from reloading every time and it will display instantly. Only on startup you'll have that 10 seconds loading time.
I think that will also fix your homeserver waking up all the time.
Please contact the skin developer because he/she can be at more help with this.